No announcement yet.

***new Official Boxing Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figure Cotto will see a knockdown or two but, I think he'll take it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
      I think Margarito knows this is his fight and he has the advantage. the ball is in his court.
      How? do u care to elaborate at all? His only advantage is his height and punch output and chin. And he fight inside so height means jack......only that more body is availible for cotto. So all margarito had on cotto is a chin and being able to punch more. While that is enough to make this a pick em fight.......it is way off to say this is fight and that he has the advantage. Even if he does stop cotto early.......it wont be because he is a better fighter than cotto. Cotto is better at most aspects of the sweet science.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        I figure Cotto will see a knockdown or two but, I think he'll take it.
        he easily could.

Comment

• Going to be a good weekend...potential fight of the year Saturday and the Dark Knight on Sunday.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Going to be a good weekend...potential fight of the year Saturday and the Dark Knight on Sunday.
            nice. have u seen it yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
              How? do u care to elaborate at all? His only advantage is his height and punch output and chin. And he fight inside so height means jack......only that more body is availible for cotto. So all margarito had on cotto is a chin and being able to punch more. While that is enough to make this a pick em fight.......it is way off to say this is fight and that he has the advantage. Even if he does stop cotto early.......it wont be because he is a better fighter than cotto. Cotto is better at most aspects of the sweet science.
              Margarito's gonna turn it into a slugfest, height advantage means cotto will need a little momentum on his punches for power, so Margarito can just inside and pound on him. I think he's got this.

Comment

Margarito's gonna turn it into a slugfest, height advantage means cotto will need a little momentum on his punches for power, so Margarito can just inside and pound on him. I think he's got this.
                do u actually think cotto will be stupid enough to slug it out. He outboxed Sugar Shane for God's sake. I mean Margarito may be able to walk him down, but Cotto's jab could very well keep him away. And the height does nothing for margarito. Fighting a tall guy is only hard if they use their length.

Comment

do u actually think cotto will be stupid enough to slug it out. He outboxed Sugar Shane for God's sake. I mean Margarito may be able to walk him down, but Cotto's jab could very well keep him away. And the height does nothing for margarito. Fighting a tall guy is only hard if they use their length.
                  You don't think Margarito's gonna use his length. Stun him with the jab and move in and get some slugs in.

Comment

You don't think Margarito's gonna use his length. Stun him with the jab and move in and get some slugs in.
                    how many margarito fights have u seen. I am just curious (I honestly dont mean this o insult u, its not anything like that) because margarito either doesnt throw the jab or looks poor doing it. Margaritos style is essentialy, put his head down, walk his opponent down (he isnt tremendous at cutting off the ring), maybe throw a lazy lead punch, then get inside and unleash hell. Could it beat Cotto, for sure. But I really think Cotto is going to back up, use his sledgehammer jab and at least keep margarito at bay for most of the rounds.

Comment

nice. have u seen it yet?
                      Nope, not yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Nope, not yet.
                        u wont be disappointed. I have already been twice and am going to go once more in IMAX. I would even go a fourth time, but then I would be spending over 40 bucks on one movie and I dont have that kind of loot.

Comment

how many margarito fights have u seen. I am just curious (I honestly dont mean this o insult u, its not anything like that) because margarito either doesnt throw the jab or looks poor doing it. Margaritos style is essentialy, put his head down, walk his opponent down (he isnt tremendous at cutting off the ring), maybe throw a lazy lead punch, then get inside and unleash hell. Could it beat Cotto, for sure. But I really think Cotto is going to back up, use his sledgehammer jab and at least keep margarito at bay for most of the rounds.
                          I've only seen two Margarito fights..When he throws the jab its not terrible. Against a fighter like Cotto he's going to need it and he should use it some FWIW. I still say he catches him with an uppercut.

Comment

• honestly.....I can only see Margarito winning by decision if Cotto fights stupidly. He could however knock Cotto out at any time. I dont think Cotto will stop Margarito unless he lands a perfect body punch because u literally cant move when a perfect liver shot lands, it had nothing to do with toughness really.

Comment

• Alright so my official prediction is Cotto by points in a close decision, possibly split or majority.

Comment

• Cotto by UD, probably an 8-4 or 9-3 split of rounds I think.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information