Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***new Official Boxing Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So my friends had the genius idea of going to BWW yesterday instead of today. I completely forgot about the fight, and now i might need to shell out the 50 bones to watch it here at home.

    Maybe this time i can win the pool ;)

    Let's go Margarito!

    Comment


    • Cotto needs to win by at least a good unanimous decision to keep my respect.
      When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
        Cotto needs to win by at least a good unanimous decision to keep my respect.
        wow. No love for Margarito for you. Thats cool.....his resume is questionable for sure, but I think he is class. To each his own I suppose.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

        Comment


        • I really dont see why people confuse "tough" with elite. Margarito is a tough fighter. Great chin. Good power and he's big...but if you watch him u see that he's not GOOD. He got outboxed by Josh Clottey. He got outboxed by Paul Williams. And he definitely would NOT beat Paul Williams in a rematch. He SHOULD get outboxed by Cotto and maybe even stopped. He's never gotten hit by anybody as much as he's gonna get hit by Cotto. I'm just not one of the people that understands why everybody is payin attention to the hype while ignoring the in-ring body of work of the guy. I'm not talkin about what he does to Golden Johnson and Kermit Cintron-type scrubs. I'm talkin bout when he actually gets in there with a fighter with a pulse, he gets beaten and outclassed. It'll happen again tonight or Cotto is overrated.
          When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

          Comment


          • And yes, I'm callin Cintron a scrub. He didnt start fighting until he was 19. He never beat anybody that had any type of skill. He got destroyed by Margarito twice (who I'm obviously not to high on). He only won a vacated title and it was against Mark Suarez (come on). He has absolutely ZERO heart and minimal skill. He is a definite scrub and anybody that knows anything about the Feliciano fight fight wont dispute it. I swear on my life that I'd pick Berto to beat him right now.
            Last edited by SugarSean; 07-26-2008, 07:45 PM.
            When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

            Comment


            • Hhhoolllyy Cccraaappp. Foty!!!!
              Peyton Manning Fanboy
              Originally posted by Complex
              They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

              Proving the doubters wrong.

              Comment


              • Styles make fights and Cotto just didnt have the style that is successful against Margarito. He fought a foolish fight. Props to Margarito.
                When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
                  I really dont see why people confuse "tough" with elite. Margarito is a tough fighter. Great chin. Good power and he's big...but if you watch him u see that he's not GOOD. He got outboxed by Josh Clottey. He got outboxed by Paul Williams. And he definitely would NOT beat Paul Williams in a rematch. He SHOULD get outboxed by Cotto and maybe even stopped. He's never gotten hit by anybody as much as he's gonna get hit by Cotto. I'm just not one of the people that understands why everybody is payin attention to the hype while ignoring the in-ring body of work of the guy. I'm not talkin about what he does to Golden Johnson and Kermit Cintron-type scrubs. I'm talkin bout when he actually gets in there with a fighter with a pulse, he gets beaten and outclassed. It'll happen again tonight or Cotto is overrated.
                  tough > elite i guess...
                  Peyton Manning Fanboy
                  Originally posted by Complex
                  They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

                  Proving the doubters wrong.

                  Comment


                  • Uhhh no. Tonight Margarito's will was stronger than Cotto's skill. Cotto had a good fight plan but he abandoned it. You cant knock everybody out dude. Sometimes u have to stick and move to win. Cotto decided not to do it, so he lost. He's not as disciplined a fighter as Paul Williams.
                    When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

                    Comment


                    • Hey whoever said Cotto had to watch out for Margarito's uppercuts was dead on. Those short lead uppercuts were a thing of beauty.
                      When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                        Margarito TKO in 5
                        Damn, off by five.

                        Comment


                        • How can any human being take Cotto's clean punches like that for 10 rounds?
                          Peyton Manning Fanboy
                          Originally posted by Complex
                          They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

                          Proving the doubters wrong.

                          Comment


                          • this is why i hate my friends

                            they went to an amateur mma fight (sold my tix b/c i had to work; plus they think they can do it), and i watched this fight

                            they hate boxing b/c they've seen 1 fight (mayweather-de la hoya go figure) and think its boring

                            i've tried to get them to watch some roy jones jr, and some older fights (ali-frazier, etc), but they think it will be boring

                            anyways, what a fight; real good

                            may will stay retired now; think he was waiting for a big payday with cotto

                            cred 2 BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                              this is why i hate my friends

                              they went to an amateur mma fight (sold my tix b/c i had to work; plus they think they can do it), and i watched this fight

                              they hate boxing b/c they've seen 1 fight (mayweather-de la hoya go figure) and think its boring

                              i've tried to get them to watch some roy jones jr, and some older fights (ali-frazier, etc), but they think it will be boring

                              anyways, what a fight; real good

                              may will stay retired now; think he was waiting for a big payday with cotto

                              Dude i hate your friends, my friends are completely the opposite.

                              Sig by: BK

                              02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                              Originally posted by fenikz
                              we all hate you

                              Comment


                              • im surprised, i thought cotto would win

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information