No announcement yet.

***new Official Boxing Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my friends had the genius idea of going to BWW yesterday instead of today. I completely forgot about the fight, and now i might need to shell out the 50 bones to watch it here at home.

Maybe this time i can win the pool ;)

Let's go Margarito!

Comment

• Cotto needs to win by at least a good unanimous decision to keep my respect.
      When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
        Cotto needs to win by at least a good unanimous decision to keep my respect.
        wow. No love for Margarito for you. Thats cool.....his resume is questionable for sure, but I think he is class. To each his own I suppose.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• I really dont see why people confuse "tough" with elite. Margarito is a tough fighter. Great chin. Good power and he's big...but if you watch him u see that he's not GOOD. He got outboxed by Josh Clottey. He got outboxed by Paul Williams. And he definitely would NOT beat Paul Williams in a rematch. He SHOULD get outboxed by Cotto and maybe even stopped. He's never gotten hit by anybody as much as he's gonna get hit by Cotto. I'm just not one of the people that understands why everybody is payin attention to the hype while ignoring the in-ring body of work of the guy. I'm not talkin about what he does to Golden Johnson and Kermit Cintron-type scrubs. I'm talkin bout when he actually gets in there with a fighter with a pulse, he gets beaten and outclassed. It'll happen again tonight or Cotto is overrated.

Comment

• And yes, I'm callin Cintron a scrub. He didnt start fighting until he was 19. He never beat anybody that had any type of skill. He got destroyed by Margarito twice (who I'm obviously not to high on). He only won a vacated title and it was against Mark Suarez (come on). He has absolutely ZERO heart and minimal skill. He is a definite scrub and anybody that knows anything about the Feliciano fight fight wont dispute it. I swear on my life that I'd pick Berto to beat him right now.
            Last edited by SugarSean; 07-26-2008, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Hhhoolllyy Cccraaappp. Foty!!!!
              Peyton Manning Fanboy
              Originally posted by Complex
              They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• Styles make fights and Cotto just didnt have the style that is successful against Margarito. He fought a foolish fight. Props to Margarito.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
                  I really dont see why people confuse "tough" with elite. Margarito is a tough fighter. Great chin. Good power and he's big...but if you watch him u see that he's not GOOD. He got outboxed by Josh Clottey. He got outboxed by Paul Williams. And he definitely would NOT beat Paul Williams in a rematch. He SHOULD get outboxed by Cotto and maybe even stopped. He's never gotten hit by anybody as much as he's gonna get hit by Cotto. I'm just not one of the people that understands why everybody is payin attention to the hype while ignoring the in-ring body of work of the guy. I'm not talkin about what he does to Golden Johnson and Kermit Cintron-type scrubs. I'm talkin bout when he actually gets in there with a fighter with a pulse, he gets beaten and outclassed. It'll happen again tonight or Cotto is overrated.
                  tough > elite i guess...
                  Peyton Manning Fanboy
                  They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Comment

• Uhhh no. Tonight Margarito's will was stronger than Cotto's skill. Cotto had a good fight plan but he abandoned it. You cant knock everybody out dude. Sometimes u have to stick and move to win. Cotto decided not to do it, so he lost. He's not as disciplined a fighter as Paul Williams.

Comment

• Hey whoever said Cotto had to watch out for Margarito's uppercuts was dead on. Those short lead uppercuts were a thing of beauty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                        Margarito TKO in 5
                        Damn, off by five.

Comment

• How can any human being take Cotto's clean punches like that for 10 rounds?
                          Peyton Manning Fanboy

Comment

• this is why i hate my friends

they went to an amateur mma fight (sold my tix b/c i had to work; plus they think they can do it), and i watched this fight

they hate boxing b/c they've seen 1 fight (mayweather-de la hoya go figure) and think its boring

i've tried to get them to watch some roy jones jr, and some older fights (ali-frazier, etc), but they think it will be boring

anyways, what a fight; real good

may will stay retired now; think he was waiting for a big payday with cotto

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                              this is why i hate my friends

they went to an amateur mma fight (sold my tix b/c i had to work; plus they think they can do it), and i watched this fight

they hate boxing b/c they've seen 1 fight (mayweather-de la hoya go figure) and think its boring

i've tried to get them to watch some roy jones jr, and some older fights (ali-frazier, etc), but they think it will be boring

anyways, what a fight; real good

may will stay retired now; think he was waiting for a big payday with cotto

Dude i hate your friends, my friends are completely the opposite.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                              Originally posted by fenikz
                              we all hate you

Comment

• im surprised, i thought cotto would win

Comment

Working...
                                X