No announcement yet.

***new Official Boxing Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good fight, worth a watch for you boxing fans, I won't spoil it for you guys.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Lacy/Taylor...

oh how the mighty have fallen.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
        Good fight, worth a watch for you boxing fans, I won't spoil it for you guys.
        David Haye!!!!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Lacy/Taylor...

oh how the mighty have fallen.
          Taylor still has a chance to have a great career. I pretty sure that Taylor is going to stay a 168 pounds. Which now he's one of the top two or three fighters in that divison. He has some good fight options right now, Mikkel Kessler (41-1), Lucian Bute (23-0) which are very winable fights for Taylor. He also has the option to fight Joe Calzaghe. The Calzaghe fight right now would be a huge mistake for Taylor IMO.

Comment

• Ricky "The Hittman" Hatton vs. Paulie Malignaggi are fighting tonight. Who do you guys think is going to win?

I'd say with Mayweather Sr. in Hattons corner he wins in a 9th round KO

Comment

• Hatton easy, Mayweather destroyed him but with Floyd snr in his corner Hatton will beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
                Hatton easy, Mayweather destroyed him but with Floyd snr in his corner Hatton will beat him.
                Is Hatton super popular across the pond?

Comment

• Yeah most definately. Even Man Utd fans (he supports Man City - there big rivals) love Hatton.

Was gutted he lost in Vages, tons of fans over here went to see it and apparently even though he lost the atmosphere was amazing.

I'd loved to have gone to that fight just to have heard English fans singing "There's only one Ricky Hatton" when he came out. Would have been unforgetable.

Comment

Yeah most definately. Even Man Utd fans (he supports Man City - there big rivals) love Hatton.

Was gutted he lost in Vages, tons of fans over here went to see it and apparently even though he lost the atmosphere was amazing.

I'd loved to have gone to that fight just to have heard English fans singing "There's only one Ricky Hatton" when he came out. Would have been unforgetable.
                    That's what I heard about the Mayweather fight. People said there as many Englishmen at that fight as Americans. I wanted to go so bad but the tickets are impossable to get a hold of and if you find some you can never afford them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                      That's what I heard about the Mayweather fight. People said there as many Englishmen at that fight as Americans. I wanted to go so bad but the tickets are impossable to get a hold of and if you find some you can never afford them.
                      Yeah I was looking around and the prices were crazy, I'd love to go to a fight but not for that much lol!

What's happened to all the American boxers anyway? They used to own the sport and now I hardly hear of them (unless I'm being ignorant and not following it much)?

Comment

Yeah I was looking around and the prices were crazy, I'd love to go to a fight but not for that much lol!

What's happened to all the American boxers anyway? They used to own the sport and now I hardly hear of them (unless I'm being ignorant and not following it much)?
                        Your some what right, most of your great fighters are past their prime and have slowed down quit a bit. The Europen fighters have been very impressive the last few years. The US does have a crop of some good young guys for starters Chad Dawson (Light Heavywieght) I think is the next super star in boxing along with Paul Williams. Jermain Taylor is on the come back as well. Not a whole lot to write home about.

Comment

• Yeah the European guys have really stepped up over the past few years, not sure how long it will last though.

Just heard the 5 thousand fans at Hatton's weigh-in, was awesome. :D

That's the one thing I think us English/Brits are good at, we might suck at most sports, but whenever there's a big thing on, this fight, world cup, euro's etc. etc. we always travel well and sing our hearts out, probably in the hope that it will "spur" whoever they're supporting on.

Comment

Yeah the European guys have really stepped up over the past few years, not sure how long it will last though.

Just heard the 5 thousand fans at Hatton's weigh-in, was awesome. :D

That's the one thing I think us English/Brits are good at, we might suck at most sports, but whenever there's a big thing on, this fight, world cup, euro's etc. etc. we always travel well and sing our hearts out, probably in the hope that it will "spur" whoever they're supporting on.
                            You got that right, in Hattons fights the Brits are singing the entire fight.

Comment

• Such a boring fight night...It took Kirkland forever to finish off that bum and Hatton's fight was just boring. It was just Paulie ducking the entire time. Couldnt even turn it off to watch some football because, Oklahoma/Tech was just painful.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                Such a boring fight night...It took Kirkland forever to finish off that bum and Hatton's fight was just boring. It was just Paulie ducking the entire time. Couldnt even turn it off to watch some football because, Oklahoma/Tech was just painful.
                                Agreed, But you've got to hand it to Vera though. He's one though son-of-*****! He took punishment fot 10 half rounds straight and was still going strong. Paulie kept clinching like a puss, the first round made me think the fight was going to be real good one but then not so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information