No announcement yet.

***new Official Boxing Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess it is going to be 2 24/7's back to back then, huh? I know Cotto-Pac will be one for sure and I assume they wouldnt drop it for PBF-Marquez. Nice. For all the disappointments lately, the year is setting up for a nice finish.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• BTW, Victor Ortiz is a pussay

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        BTW, Victor Ortiz is a pussay
        I second that, he's all hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
          I second that, he's all hype.
          he is really damn good. Has all the talent in the world to be a superstar. He proved he didnt have the heart tho. This was his Ricardo Torres moment (remember Cotto's fight with Ricardo Torres?). Cotto passed his test, Ortiz failed miserably. And his post fight interview was pretty terrible. I understand not wanting to be hurt long term and what not, and a fighters safety should always be paramount. However, if you are young guy with superstar potential and are in a fight you can still win, you go out on your shield if you go out at all.

** Oh, and the last part applies specifically if you are trying to capture the hearts of the MEXICAN fan base. Morales, Barrera, Margo(even tho he is a prick), Arce....etc......Al those guys go down fighting and Mexicans demand that from their superstars. Ortiz=FAIL.

Comment

he is really damn good. Has all the talent in the world to be a superstar. He proved he didnt have the heart tho. Ortiz=FAIL.
            I stopped reading after here, because there is no way in hell you can be a top boxer if you have no heart. I know he can fight and that's what has gotten him so far. When he goes up against the best in the world, he's got to be able to handle adversity. Top opponents are not ever going to lay down for anyone. He's a good young fighter but I don't think that he's the next superstar in boxing at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
              I stopped reading after here, because there is no way in hell you can be a top boxer if you have no heart. I know he can fight and that's what has gotten him so far. When he goes up against the best in the world, he's got to be able to handle adversity. Top opponents are not ever going to lay down for anyone. He's a good young fighter but I don't think that he's the next superstar in boxing at all.
              Me either.......sucks tho because he has gobs of talent and people love him like they loved DLH coming up. Boxing needs guys like him. Sucks he bailed when it got rough.

Comment

• Did anyone see Deonte Wilder's 1st round KO the other night? I liked him a lot and thought he got robbed in the Olympics. I think he really does have the skills to be a title contender here in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                  Did anyone see Deonte Wilder's 1st round KO the other night? I liked him a lot and thought he got robbed in the Olympics. I think he really does have the skills to be a title contender here in the future.
                  He has skills.........he is insanely raw tho. I am pretty sure he has almost no amateur pedigree (outside of the Olympics). His opposition is utter crap right now, but its alright as he is a bigtime project and just needs rounds at this point. I wouldnt look for him to start making real noise for a few years tho if he does at all.

Comment

He has skills.........he is insanely raw tho. I am pretty sure he has almost no amateur pedigree (outside of the Olympics). His opposition is utter crap right now, but its alright as he is a bigtime project and just needs rounds at this point. I wouldnt look for him to start making real noise for a few years tho if he does at all.
                    I agree that he isn't going to be challenging the Klitchkos soon or anything but in a few years I see him being ready to take on whoever is at the top of the division. Now that Cloud is finally getting a big fight Wilder can replace him as my not so well known prospect to root for.

Comment

• Yeah its sweet to have an under the radar guy to root for. I had been a fan of Juanma from basically the beginning and I have loved Devon Alexander for quite a while.

Comment

• http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/story/11912588

One of the most entertaining pound for pound boxers of all time is dead.

RIP Alexis Argullo. Such a tragedy.

Was in some of the best brawls all time.
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Just Announced, Showtime will be hosting a six man round robin tournament in the super middleweight class. The fighters will be Carl Froch (25-0, 20 KOs), Mikkel Kessler (41-1, 31 KOs), middleweight titlist Arthur Abraham (30-0, 24 KOs), Jermain Taylor (28-3-1, 17 KOs), Andre Ward (19-0, 12 KOs) and Andre Dirrell (18-0, 13 KOs). Not sure yet as to how will be fighting who but I can't ever remember this happening before in boxing, anxious to see how this all plays out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4317510

Comment

• This is the greatest thing ever. I heard about it a couple weeks ago and have been praying ever since. It is so sick, seriously. Its a dream come true for boxing fans.

Here are the details Chez:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...ame=rafael_dan

Comment

• Yeah i am pretty pumped about it!
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                                Yeah i am pretty pumped about it!
                                did you see the matchups on the link I posted. Dude, it going to be so awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information