***new Official Boxing Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
    Probably because Mayweather could care less whether or not he is a 'true fighter'. He cares whether the money is right. This case it is so he will be fighting.

Oh I see that now. Mayweather tries to pump up money value like paying him more to shut it and fight against Pags. Quite clever. lol

Comment

• If the fight ultimately falls through I would blame Floyd's camp for not finally conceding. Manny's side obviously has objections to Olympic style testing as he is superstitious and doesn't want blood drawn the day of the fight. For Floyd there is no scientific advantage in Olympic style testing. Manny is willing to test weeks before the fight as well as directly out of the fight, so regardless if Manny is juicing it will show in the testing which he has been doing his entire career and which is the normal practiced by the Nevada state commission. Right now this is all just a big game and if this falls through I don't want to see either boxing again.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Pacquiao makes it so that Floyd pays $10 Million dollars PER POUND if he comes in over 147, Floyd agrees, and he's the one ducking this fight? Puhlease. This is olympic style drug testing, folks. That's it. If he doesn't agree to that, he will never fight a legitimate opponent again. Every single one of them is gonna want USADA testing, except the guys who are so desparate for the cash a Pac fight would bring them that they'd do it anyway.

This is a big moment not only for this fight but for the sport of boxing. If Pacquiao tests positive, it's gonna set boxing back years, right when it was moving back to the mainstream. If he doesn't take the tests, it reminds me of one thing:

"I plead the fifth."-- Mark McGwire.

Stricter drug testing can never, ever be a bad thing for a sport.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
          If the fight ultimately falls through I would blame Floyd's camp for not finally conceding. Manny's side obviously has objections to Olympic style testing as he is superstitious and doesn't want blood drawn the day of the fight. For Floyd there is no scientific advantage in Olympic style testing. Manny is willing to test weeks before the fight as well as directly out of the fight, so regardless if Manny is juicing it will show in the testing which he has been doing his entire career and which is the normal practiced by the Nevada state commission. Right now this is all just a big game and if this falls through I don't want to see either boxing again.
          Apparently the USADA said they won't draw blood within 48 hours of the fight.

Comment

• I agree with pretty much everything you said Chris........only thing I could see from Pac's side is if the USADA refused to give him that 48 hour window of no testing before the fight. I wouldnt want anyone taking my blood the day of a fight, even if it is such a little bit.
            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• I hope they delay it, allows me to save up some cash for it lol

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Looks like you'll have some time to save up, Ducquiao is suing Mayweather and Golden Boy Promotions. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                  Looks like you'll have some time to save up, Ducquiao is suing Mayweather and Golden Boy Promotions. LOL.
                  Thats crazy, over/under the fight happens before May 1st?

Comment

• http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...clears_up.html

and

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Says a lot. I think Bob Arum has finally lost it. My take is that Floyd shouldn't have asked for it just b/c his daddy believes Pac did/does steroids but there's a lot of stuff that go into contracts for big-time fights that shouldn't be in there..it's part of the sport. Pac's done a lot of unnecessary stuff in previous contracts too and the guys he fought accepted the terms b/c they thought they could beat him regardless. If you think you can beat Floyd, just take the test. **** a superstition, all experts are saying it will have no effect on the fight. It'll make him look better and it'll do a lot for the sport since there seems to be a lot of negative press for boxing recently. Just do it.
                    Last edited by SugarSean; 12-25-2009, 01:10 AM.
                    When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

• Pacquiao will now sue Mayweather for defamation. This is turning from bad to worse real quick. Pacman's camp has already stated they are planning alternative fights for the same date if this cannot be worked out.

Comment

• Looks like the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight is off.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4803490

Comment

• I dont think Mayweather really wanted to fight him. All this crap with the drug testing was an easy way out. If the testing is good enough for the Nevada boxing commission, under whose durisdiction the fight would take place under, ten it should be good enough for Pretty Girl Floyd

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Mayfeather aay?

Comment

• Mayweather v. Sugar Shane.
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Pac vs Clottey 2nite. Should be entertaining. Clottey at least has going for him that he's a lot taller and stronger, and isn't afraid to mix it up. He should fare much better than Cotto and I do see this going to a decision, but I think Pac will just wear him down.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information