Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***new Official Boxing Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
    I would be pretty surprised if McClocskey could finish him......yeah, Prescott is overhyped due the Khan KO and everyone in the boxing community knows it. It's fine, that was a huge win, but a good technical boxer can take a points win off of him 9/10 times.
    Yeah and his win against Khan was when Khan was at his cockiest, plus his whole body shape was way out of proportion. He had these huge shoulders and upper body in general and skinny legs.

    Still, hopefully it will be a good fight, and there's a possibility that an unbeaten fighter from Belfast called Carl Frampton may be on the undercard. He's being trained by Barry McGuigan and has some good prospects going forward.


    BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

    Comment


    • Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
      Yeah and his win against Khan was when Khan was at his cockiest, plus his whole body shape was way out of proportion. He had these huge shoulders and upper body in general and skinny legs.

      Still, hopefully it will be a good fight, and there's a possibility that an unbeaten fighter from Belfast called Carl Frampton may be on the undercard. He's being trained by Barry McGuigan and has some good prospects going forward.
      Cool, I'll look out for him. I love following British prospects because everyone in the British Isles is just so delusional with regards to their talent level. It's awesome. So much buildup and it always ends with a crash and burn. Makes me laugh. I still love that Haye went off as a favorite vs Wlad in England. ******* classic. I also love how British people defended Fraudley for so long despite the rest of the world knowing he sucked.

      ***Not an indictment on you, but the general populace of the British Isles***
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        Cool, I'll look out for him. I love following British prospects because everyone in the British Isles is just so delusional with regards to their talent level. It's awesome. So much buildup and it always ends with a crash and burn. Makes me laugh. I still love that Haye went off as a favorite vs Wlad in England. ******* classic. I also love how British people defended Fraudley for so long despite the rest of the world knowing he sucked.

        ***Not an indictment on you, but the general populace of the British Isles***
        Lol yeah I have no disillusions. Although I never understood why Carl Froch doesn't get more publicity over here.

        Haye is a joke and always has been. He was a pretty good cruiserweight in a tremendously weak division. But no matter what the judges said, he lost to Valuev as well.

        It really is ridiculous some times with the British media though. Martin Rogan was going to get a world title shot apparently lol. This is a guy I met in a bar less than 6 weeks before his second fight with Sexton completely drunk off his ass telling everyone he was going to knock him out in 3 rounds.


        BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

        Comment


        • British fans are exploding with every shot landed by Fury. Idk why they like him so much. Can't wait till he fight Wlad and goes of as even money lol.
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010
            Hes already said he will fight Pac, Pac just needs to agree to do his test...they are both bitches for not doing it...but to talk like Mayweather just wont fight him, is incorrect.
            The testing didn't come up until the fight was about to go down. He knew Manny wouldn't do that testing and thats why HE requested that

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ray Lewis/Rice View Post
              The testing didn't come up until the fight was about to go down. He knew Manny wouldn't do that testing and thats why HE requested that
              Im pretty sure Mayweather has this testing done in every fight he fights in....



              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

              Comment


              • He never asked for tests for any other fight. Until the first Pacquaio negotiations. Now he is kind of stuck in the position where he has to demand every opponent to take it. So it doesn't look like he asked as a way to duck Manny.

                Comment


                • Well, he could just think Pac is dirty. Pac not agreeing to the tests is a little questionable, at least.

                  Dont get me wrong, I love Pacquaio.

                  Thanks BoneKrusher^

                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Well, he could just think Pac is dirty. Pac not agreeing to the tests is a little questionable, at least.

                    Dont get me wrong, I love Pacquaio.
                    So why not ask for tests on any of the opponents before the first Pacquaio negotiation. Where was the test requests on Hatton, Oscar, Gatti, Balldomir, Marquez, and Judah?

                    You never see any other individual competitor ask for more tests then the athletic commission gives.

                    Comment


                    • Cause Pac is Pac, next to Mayweather, he's the biggest name in the sport. And he's the biggest threat to Floyd. There can be some steroid/HGH rumors the Mayweather camp caught wind of. Whatever. But Pac not agreeing to it, was again...a little questionable.

                      Thanks BoneKrusher^

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        Cause Pac is Pac, next to Mayweather, he's the biggest name in the sport. And he's the biggest threat to Floyd. There can be some steroid/HGH rumors the Mayweather camp caught wind of. Whatever. But Pac not agreeing to it, was again...a little questionable.
                        Why should Pac agree to it. It is not a request from a state commission or a sanction from the wbc or something like that. All it was just a way for Floyd to duck out of the fight.

                        No other fighter would even bother to even make a request like that. If Floyd and his camp really believed Pac was dirty they would not try and take it upon themselves to ask for tests. They would look to go the sanctioning body's and the commission's.

                        Comment


                        • Mehhhh...if Pac wanted the best, I dont see why he would have a problem taking the test. A blood test that both of them would have been taking, anyway. He could clear his name against some of those PED allegations.

                          I just think it's a little sketchy.

                          Thanks BoneKrusher^

                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Mehhhh...if Pac wanted the best, I dont see why he would have a problem taking the test. A blood test that both of them would have been taking, anyway. He could clear his name against some of those PED allegations.

                            I just think it's a little sketchy.
                            He had agreed to take the tests. He didn't like the timing of it. Which is a different issue then saying he doesn't want to take the tests.

                            A fighter or the athlete should not be the one requesting for tests as a part of a negotiation. That is why the have commissions and sanctioning.

                            What makes Floyd more special then any other athlete where he feels he has the right to even ask for one.

                            The fact that he has never asked any other fighter about tests until the Pac negotiation shows he used it as a way to duck him.

                            Comment


                            • You cant say that for sure, though.

                              There have been a lot of skeptical eyes on Pac after this whole situation. Mayweather's camp may have heard things about Pac, specifically. Opposed to the other fighters you mentioned. This is the biggest fight of Mayweather's career, I dont blame the guy for leaving no stone unturned.

                              Manny returned with a really lame duck excuse that many people just had a hard time believing. And the testing time is paramount, because of the time frame that HGH is actually detectable after injection.

                              Thanks BoneKrusher^

                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                You cant say that for sure, though.

                                There have been a lot of skeptical eyes on Pac after this whole situation. Mayweather's camp may have heard things about Pac, specifically. Opposed to the other fighters you mentioned. This is the biggest fight of Mayweather's career, I dont blame the guy for leaving no stone unturned.

                                Manny returned with a really lame duck excuse that many people just had a hard time believing. And the testing time is paramount, because of the time frame that HGH is actually detectable after injection.
                                There have been skeptical eyes on Floyd as well.

                                Let me ask if Floyd is so concerned about the sport being clean and everything being fair. Why isn't he out there making sure testing is apart of every fight for every single fighter?

                                Why is it there has to be even more testing only for his opponents?

                                The fighters I mentioned were his previous opponents of his before the negotiation and most of them have history of drug use.

                                Yet he didn't ask for any more type of testing from them.

                                The only reason they asked Pac is fear. The regular testing of the fighters was fine for him until Manny. Floyd at this point is cherry picking opponents that he knows he can beat to collect checks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information