No announcement yet.

***new Official Boxing Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont listen to him, boxing is still awesome.
    Only because you can watch all the classic fights. Boxing in its current form is awful.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
      Yeah I really wish I knew what I was talking about but I committed about 3 weeks ago to get into boxing and I'm still trying to grasp all nuances. What did you think of the bout aside from the last 20 seconds?
      Would love to discuss this. Unfortunately, I am staying out of here for a while. Basically though, this wasn't really a fight that required much boxing knowledge to understand, Mayweather was almost certainly taking a decision or stopping him late barring a haymaker.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        The test time is important, because HGH is only detectable in the body, 24-48 hours after injection.
        Some say even less than that. Down to just a few hours in the system. It's hard to nail down, being illegal and everything, so there's a chance that everything we hear could be really old news.

And aren't state athletic commissions still doing piss tests? Come on...

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Does anybody know where I can find a HBO link for the fight tonight +rep if you can help me out.

Comment

• Marquez starting out pretty well.

Comment

• Who's winning?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
              Originally posted by fenikz
              we all hate you

Comment

• 114-114, 116-112, 115-113 Pacquiao. I feel like Marquez should have won or gotten the draw but boxing is wayyyyy fixed.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Manny honestly didn't do anything til after the 7th or so. Marquez took the fight to Manny. Looking like now that Floyd would handle Manny with ease.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                  2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                  2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Did anyone really think they would give it to Marquez in a close fight?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Im a huge manny fan. Love manny but really this is the type of **** that has made me stick to just football and MMA and not even watch boxing anymore.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                      Originally posted by TitanHope
                      R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                      He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

• "It's not inconceivable that Manny may have purposely under-fought. What he really wants is to fight Mayweather. Would Mayweather agree to fight Manny had he knocked out Marquez? Doubtful. Would Mayweather lean more toward fighting Manny after seeing Manny eke out a win? My last comment: Never under-estimate the intelligence and prescience of Manny."

Read this on a random link I was following the fight minute by minute..

Why do people think Pacqaiuo will destroy everyone he fights? and Y would anyone think someone would purposely underperform? Some people are ridiculous.

Comment

• Because Pacquiao usually destroys people.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                          Originally posted by fenikz
                          we all hate you

Comment

• The win was absolutely justified. Close fight and a fight Marquez deserved to win but he has no one to blame but himself. If you are a challenger you have to win the title, he did nothing in the end to win the title, he played to protect his lead and got nipped at the buzzer. For a guy who has been on the wrong end of scoring 2 previous times vs Pacman for him to not show any sort of urgency to win the fight is completely his fault. 1 time is a fluke, 2 times, is luck, 3 times is stupidity. For a challenger to think he won the fight but fighting even going into the 12th is completely foolish much less against a name like Pacman. Anyways compustrike doesn't lie, Pacman landed 40 more punches, and landed more power shots, he's the champ Marquez fought to position himself to win, but didn't take the step to actually win.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                              114-114, 116-112, 115-113 Pacquiao. I feel like Marquez should have won or gotten the draw but boxing is wayyyyy fixed.
                              God damnit. That was a ridiculously close fight and insanely tough to score. **** off. Seriously, **** off. I usually like your posts, but anyone who says either party clearly won/certainly deserves a draw doesn't know boxing. As Dan Rafael said repeatedly, these guys are made for each other. Close fight, fair decision, it could have gone either way. Boxing aint fixed, and if it is, this is a very, very ****** example you chose to illustrate your point.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                                The win was absolutely justified. Close fight and a fight Marquez deserved to win but he has no one to blame but himself. If you are a challenger you have to win the title, he did nothing in the end to win the title, he played to protect his lead and got nipped at the buzzer. For a guy who has been on the wrong end of scoring 2 previous times vs Pacman for him to not show any sort of urgency to win the fight is completely his fault. 1 time is a fluke, 2 times, is luck, 3 times is stupidity. For a challenger to think he won the fight but fighting even going into the 12th is completely foolish much less against a name like Pacman. Anyways compustrike doesn't lie, Pacman landed 40 more punches, and landed more power shots, he's the champ Marquez fought to position himself to win, but didn't take the step to actually win.
                                One of my main points. How the **** does he take the 12th off. Seriously, wtf? I know Beristain told you you were winning, but don't you think you should press....you gotta know its ridiculously close. STRIP knows what he is talking about, thank God you're here. We need MOTH in here as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information