Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take your pick De La Hoya vs Mayorga TONIGHT!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.worldboxingvideoarchive.com

go here to dowload entire fights. Its an amzing site, you can downlaod mayorga dlh tomorrow on it. You will need to dowload a torrent player thing.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Schubert
      http://www.worldboxingvideoarchive.com

go here to dowload entire fights. Its an amzing site, you can downlaod mayorga dlh tomorrow on it. You will need to dowload a torrent player thing.
      Thanks so much man. :D :D

Comment

no problem, boxing is kinda suffering now with the heavywieght division being so bad, I feel I am doing my part keeping it alive by recruiting new fans. :D

Comment

Im gonna wait till tm to creat the boxing thread because it will get confusing about where to post, i will make it though.

Comment

ok, first fight of the night is in the books as Jorge Paez Jr., son of Jorge Paez, and bigtime prospect, won a unanimous descision against an unknown in Lowell Brownfield. He did not look as impessive as I expected, but Brownfield was better than expected. Paez did nothing in this fight to detract from his status as a great prospect. He was patient and consistently landed clean shots. He looked confuse with the southpaw style of Brownfield, and got caught with a few shots, but he looked pretty good overall.

*Someone post if you are reading these because I dont want to write the for no reason

*Next Fight:Guzman vs Jauregui

Comment

if you want me to continue recapping please post because i will not do it unless i know someone will be reading it. thanks.

Comment

We should get an official boxing talk thread up for serious boxing fans. I wont start one unless people are interesed. Post if you want me to start it up.
                Me and Newk (pretty much never comes around anymore) are pretty much the only serious boxing fans on this board. I guess you are an addition to the big boxing fans crew.

If you guys want round by round analysis go onto espn.com, they did a good job on the Mayweather vs Judah fight so I'm SURE they'll do it for Oscar.

Comment

Who do you guys believe is the best boxer today? I gotta go with Mayweather, he's one cocky s.o.b. but he is techinally sound and backs up every word.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

There is absolutely no doubt that it is mayweather and if anyone tells you different. they just hate him, or they dont know boxing. Winky Wright is probably second, but no one is even close to mayweather. Although, I do think that if he fought Margarito, which he could have done for 8 million, but instead clhose to see if dlh would fight him. he would lose. Margarito seems a bad style matchup for him and it would be a very, very difficult fight for floyd.

In the Guzman vs Jauregui fight, Guzman put on an impressive showing. He was faster, more powerful, and more showmanlike than Jauregui. He frequently landed combo after combo and proved too talented for Jauregui too handle.

*Next fight Ouma vs Rubio

I will not do the round by round for dlh mayorga because espn is probably doing it. I will however post a recap, probably tomorrow because I will be dead tired by the time the ppv is over.

Comment

I'll be reading over it with you man. You don't have to go round by round but you can certainly update during the fight. Like I said I'll be following it on espn.com but it would be GREAT to be able to clarify some things with someone watching it live.

What you SHOULD do, is score it yourself (I assume you know how to do this )and we could compare your scorecard with the judges if it goes the distance. it would be nice to get a common fans perspective of the fight.

Btw, yes, HBO boxing should be very good coming up here, Hatton, Jermaine vs Winky, should be good stuff.

It seems that Showtime has taken over rescently as the premier boxing station, but this run from HBO is outstanding.

Comment

For info to add on with what Rob is posting you guys can check out:

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...ZQHMAleMB.html

Comment

yeah, i score all of the big fights I watch. I'll post my card and probably do a few updates. Maybe every 4 rounds or so. I'm gettin excited. Mayorgo is gonna come out swinging for the fences and oscar may have to weather an early storm.

As for the Ouma vs rubio fight, it is all ouma. After rubio shored a knockdown in round 1, ouma's corner made a tactical adjustment and he probably hasnt lost a round since. He lands his straight left at will and rubio is starting to swell up. He probably wont stop him because he is not a hard puncher, but he should cruise to a descision victory.

Comment

I just hate how late the ppv's are on. I am f'n exhausted after watching them.

Comment

ya same here

Comment

LOL, yeah but it's allll about building the excitement for the fight. If you don't mind me asking how old are you and who are you watching the fight with?

I'm j/w bc I'm 18 and I ussually watch the HBO and showtime fights with my dad and have a bunch of people over for the PPV fights that we actually DO get. Sometimes we have a bunch of people over for non-ppv fights too though like Corralles vs Castillo. (If Oscar fights Floyd I'm sure we'll get it).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information