Hospitalized....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospitalized....

So last night I went to the Breaking Benjamin/Three Days Grace/Seether/Skillet Concert here in Bloomington with my buddy and he wanted to get a little liquored up before we went out; I really didn't but he peer pressured me into it and I'm a softy and didn't say no. So we got some alcohol and did a power hour with Rumple Mintze (or however you spell it). Well, I did 8 shots in an hour and 10 minutes (note to others, this is not a good idea at all).

I was feeling fine when we got there and I was alright while Seether was playing but as soon as BB started it hit me like a brick wall. I couldn't stand up and I actually thought I was going to die because there were people all around me jumping up and down. So I decided to get the hell out and got somewhere were I could stand and lean on something. I found the hockey boards and chilled there for 30 minutes (this while my drunk buddy is gone to the bathroom).

Finally, security comes and takes me out. They sit me down near the exit, put a cold wash cloth on my neck and I puke a crap load into a garbage bag. Then they say they're taking me to the hospital to get checked out, I didn't want to go but they pretty much forced me to. As I'm getting up the police officer comes walking over and flat out asks me this;

"So do you want to go to jail or to the emergency room?"

Of course I said the hospital and he was like "good choice" haha. So I took a ride in an ambulance and when I got there they took me to a room and made me lay down on the bed. They gave me an IV, took my BAC, and did some other crap. I got home alright, two girls came and picked me up and brought me home where I just passed out.

So yea...I learned a hard lesson today, if you're going to go and see 2 of your favorite bands play at a concert, do not get smashed. Hell don't do it period at a concert. And don't power hour with 100 proof alcohol either....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Whats the going to look like on your health insurance.

BB and TDG is Friday for me yay!

Comment

Good to see you're alive . . . and I am jealous that you got to go to that concert. Good bands.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

What was your BAC? Also did you eat anything before doing those shots?

I've had a bad experience with Rumple Mintz as well. Mine involved punching a hole through my friends wall and dry heaving all night while nothing came up.

Comment

It's only surprising you couldn't handle it. The four Bears games so far this season have inspired me to drink heavy.
          Seriously, good thing they sent you to the hospital. Be well.

Comment

That is an amazing show...sucks that you couldnt really enjoy it.

Have fun Thule!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by Scar View Post
              It's only surprising you couldn't handle it. The four Bears games so far this season have inspired me to drink heavy.
              Seriously, good thing they sent you to the hospital. Be well.
              Agreed...

sad day sweetness... that pretty much isn't good....

all you young kids and your bad drinking habits...
              you should know how much you're gonna drink before you do it...

it's also moments like this where i think, wow. you can't die from smoking yourself stupid... (did i say that outloud?)
              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

This why you always eat a good meal before drinking heavily.

Ahh Alcohol Poisoning, how I don't miss you........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

How did you get hospitalized drinking 8 shots?

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                    How did you get hospitalized drinking 8 shots?
                    Probably drank more then the shots and if you add an empty stomach to the equation is just asking for trouble.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                      Probably drank more then the shots and if you add an empty stomach to the equation is just asking for trouble.
                      Unless you weigh about 100 pounds and have a VERY low-tolerance for alcohol, I just can't see that amount of alcohol sending you to the emergency room.

Comment

I've had alcohol poisoning at least 5 times since the time I was 16 or so. Its the worst, thankfully I no longer drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                          I've had alcohol poisoning at least 5 times since the time I was 16 or so. Its the worst, thankfully I no longer drink.
                          LOL are you kidding? Stomach pumped 5 times?

Comment

LOL are you kidding? Stomach pumped 5 times?
                            Thats not the only thing CCB has had pumped 5 times.

Comment

Unless you weigh about 100 pounds and have a VERY low-tolerance for alcohol, I just can't see that amount of alcohol sending you to the emergency room.
                              Being in a concert environment likely rose his body temperature along with him sweating and losing fluids allowed the alcohol to have a more potent effect. Unfortunately young people, myself included, don't always properly think out a good strategy when drinking. Over indulgence and lack of food and water will always screw you in the long run.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information