No announcement yet.

The Food Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking Taco Bell tomorrow. Cheesy Gordilla Crunches, with the Chicken Quesidillas. My god.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
      Yeah, Ronzoni is Barilla's biggest competitor over here, but they suck. It takes an extra couple minutes depending on the variety, and it's a lot more difficult to achieve al dente. Barilla is on the money every time. Never seen any products from Cirio or Voiello. I usually make some kind of homemade sauce. Have yet to find anything in a jar that is worth the money over here.
      I guess Ronzoni isn't an italian product, but they just use an italian name...
      By the way, Cirio doesn't produce ready-sauce (I don't know the english word for that), they produce what we called "pomodori pelati", "passata di pomodoro"... I don't know how do you call these things, but they're simply tomatos without the peel, seeds etc...
      Of course you just can't put them in the pasta and you have the sauce, you have to make the sauce by yourself. And the secret for a good sauce is using a good tomato, and doing it with love :P

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

White Castle. End of Story.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
          Off topic, but I love the Italian language. Rhythmic quality, abundance of vowels...up there with my favorite languages aesthetically.
          It's a pretty fascinating language. Pretty hard to learn because of a billion of grammar irregularities...

Yeah, I was considering using that Rosetta Stone software to learn a few languages. It'd be awesome to be able to speak Italian.
          If you want some help just ask me... I can't teach you to speak a perfect Italian, but I can help you at least with the basic things... I've studied a lot of languages (English, Spanish and French) in college, so I know the way to approach a new language...If you're intersted just pm me...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by Modano View Post
            It's a pretty fascinating language. Pretty hard to learn because of a billion of grammar irregularities...

If you want some help just ask me... I can't teach you to speak a perfect Italian, but I can help you at least with the basic things... I've studied a lot of languages (English, Spanish and French) in college, so I know the way to approach a new language...If you're intersted just pm me...
            Nice. Thank you. Not sure I'm ready to dive into that just yet, but I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

Anyone else playing McDonald's monopoly?

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Modano View Post
                I guess Ronzoni isn't an italian product, but they just use an italian name...
                By the way, Cirio doesn't produce ready-sauce (I don't know the english word for that), they produce what we called "pomodori pelati", "passata di pomodoro"... I don't know how do you call these things, but they're simply tomatos without the peel, seeds etc...
                Of course you just can't put them in the pasta and you have the sauce, you have to make the sauce by yourself. And the secret for a good sauce is using a good tomato, and doing it with love :P
                Ah, yeah I though it was kinda odd that you'd be using the pre-made stuff. My bad. Yeah that's the same way I make my sauce. With canned tomatoes and other goodies. I agree, cooking is all about the quality of your ingredients. A great cook will just let the food speak for itself.

Comment

To let you know, the pan fried turkey Kielbasa was delicious!

Comment

Yeah, I was considering using that Rosetta Stone software to learn a few languages. It'd be awesome to be able to speak Italian.
                    I'd do it if it weren't so expensive (over $300 for the whole deal). Actually, it's really not expensive considering what it can do, but I'm a linguistic aficionado, so I'd probably end up wanting to learn more languages than my wallet (or my time for that matter) could handle.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

wrong thread

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post

Yeah I love it.

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                          brian Brohm sacked again by Angelo Craig
                          It must have been a sack sandwich. =D

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                            I've wanted to, but I haven't gotten around to it yet...

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                              I've wanted to, but I haven't gotten around to it yet...
                              If someone has park place and the other person has boardwalk, you guys could make some dough.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                                wrong thread
                                I almost posted an exclamation involving the Kentucky/LSU game here, lol.

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information