Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to clean a authentic stitched jersey?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to clean a authentic stitched jersey?

I just wore my Demetrius Williams authentic today and this is the 1st authentic stitched on I have so I was wondering what the best way to wash it is. I dont want to get it messed up or anything because it is nice.

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    I just wore my Demetrius Williams authentic today and this is the 1st authentic stitched on I have so I was wondering what the best way to wash it is. I dont want to get it messed up or anything because it is nice.
    I always get my authentics dry cleaned. Its the best and safest way to do it... It only cost around 4 bucks.
    Originally posted by nvot9
    I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
    Indianapolis Colts 13-3
    Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
    Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
    Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I've put mine through my wash the same way I do all regular clothing and it's still perfect. I've only washed it a couple times though.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
        I always get my authentics dry cleaned. Its the best and safest way to do it... It only cost around 4 bucks.
        Related note...I have my Gibril Wilson jersey autographed on the name stitching, its a replica though, if I run it through the wash will it smudge the permanent marker. I haven't worn it because of that purpose, it hangs on the wall looking pretty.

Paul

New York Giants
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks (unfortunately)
        UConn Basketball
        Virginia Tech Football
        UConn Football

Comment

Try Reading the Tag on the Jersey, They usually say how to wash the clothing.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
            Related note...I have my Gibril Wilson jersey autographed on the name stitching, its a replica though, if I run it through the wash will it smudge the permanent marker. I haven't worn it because of that purpose, it hangs on the wall looking pretty.
            I definitely wouldnt put it in the wash if I were you.
            Originally posted by nvot9
            I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
            Indianapolis Colts 13-3
            Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
              I definitely wouldnt put it in the wash if I were you.
              Good thing I haven't then. It's my lucky jersey. I bring it with me and hang it over my shoulder when I play poker, but don't wear it.

Paul

New York Giants
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks (unfortunately)
              UConn Basketball
              Virginia Tech Football
              UConn Football

Comment

Originally posted by JF4 View Post
                I've put mine through my wash the same way I do all regular clothing and it's still perfect. I've only washed it a couple times though.
                My authentic jersey has been washed like normal a few times and it's still in perfect shape.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
                  I had a 1990 Super Champs T-Shirt with Myron Guyton and Ottis Anderson signed. Needless to say I wore it all the time and washed it when I was little. Thus ruining it.

As for the unsigned authentic jersey. I put it in the washing machine inside out and wash it normal. Throw it in the dryer for like 10 minutes still inside out and just let it hang dry the rest of the time.

Comment

hand wash is always safe.

Comment

Do not wash it!!!! My Randall Cunningham jersey looked ******** after that.

Comment

my parents will want to wash it or they wont let me wear it ever again :(

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                          my parents will want to wash it or they wont let me wear it ever again :(
                          Take it to the cleaners then.

Comment

I havent washed my authentic 1st ever made Osi Umenyiora jersey or my Will Peterson jerseys yet.They're autographed and sooo gorgeous. I wouldnt worry about autographs washing off. My Jessie Armstead and strahan jerseys are fine after multiple washes. My Sam Garnes T-Shirt has been washed a bizillion times and you can still see it perfectly..
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I have an autographed Kevin Williams authentic jersey. I haven't washed it.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information