Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    Just finished re-watching "Firefly" for the, yes, 3rd time. It is epic awesomeness and really, everyone should watch it. Such an awesome genre mix of Sci Fi and Spaghetti Western. Its wicked awesome, and even though its only 14 episodes (which is oh so shameful), they are a great 14.
    plus a wicked film.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
      My Name is Earl had a great run, it was time though.

If any network really deserves some hellfire, it's Fox. My friends and I still pop in a dvd of firefly from time to time. Sigh...
      I agree. The show was dragging and the humour got stupider as the show droned on

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• please tell me someone else here watches Criminal Minds and can go "wtf?" with me after that...
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I think I'm alone on this one but does anyone else get the urge to change the channel once Michael Bisping and Team UK start talking on "The Ultimate Fighter"? Again.. I might be alone on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
            plus a wicked film.
            I didnt think the film was all that good. They changed characters personalities too much from what they had been on the show. Plus there wasnt even an attempt to give any of the Preachers back story or say who he actually was. Instead it was all about River. But yes, the show was ridiculously amazing.

Im very (VERY) happy that Dollhouse gets another season. Unfortunately its still in the death slot and I don't see its ratings improving much in that slot no matter how good the episodes may be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
              any one else excited for True Blood to start up again?
              This guy. Im just really hoping that Lafayette is back, easily one of the most entertaining characters on the show.

I also hate Anna Paquin, funny how I still love the show she stars in. I don't like her as an actress and I despise 'Sookie Stackhouse' as a character.

Comment

• Wow, I missed a lot of posts. I'll try to catch up!

Earl had really run its course. I was a huge fan during the first season but really couldn't get behind it since then. Nothing seemed to have changed and I just got bored.

I'm really happy Fox gave Whedon a second season. He's talented and Dollhouse is a really good show, just started slowly because of Fox. And I'm a huge Firefly / Serenity nerd so I absolutely f'ing loved the Tudyk guest spot. I really hope he's there next season, as he was PHENOMENAL in his role in just a few episodes. I'm really surprised he hasn't gotten more work.

Chuck won't be back until March 2010 (still on Mondays at 8pm), but that is right after the Olympics. NBC and Subway look to be putting a lot of power behind Chuck and are using the Olympics to relaunch the show behind a massive, massive audience. When Chuck was properly promoted (superbowl ads) it shot up in viewers from a steady 5-6 million to 8 million. I'm hoping that the increased exposure through commercials and special web content that Chuck will find an audience and we won't be back here hoping it gets picked up again.

Ben Silverman, the head of NBC, flat out stated that the fan participation (through letter writing, purchasing footlongs and sending in packs of nerds) basically "forced" their hand. After the fans, critics and a huge sponsor like Subway got behind it, they had to bring it back.
                Last edited by vidae; 05-21-2009, 04:08 AM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  I dont care about any of the shows but, I did hear that CBS picked up Medium.
                  I read that too. I'm not in love with the show, but I watch it. It's semi entertaining and better than not watching anything. Glad it got picked up somewhere, and will probably fit well right after Ghost Whisperer if you're into that sort of thing.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                    I didnt think the film was all that good. They changed characters personalities too much from what they had been on the show. Plus there wasnt even an attempt to give any of the Preachers back story or say who he actually was. Instead it was all about River. But yes, the show was ridiculously amazing.

Im very (VERY) happy that Dollhouse gets another season. Unfortunately its still in the death slot and I don't see its ratings improving much in that slot no matter how good the episodes may be.
                    I really enjoyed the move myself. Sure it wasnt exact same as the TV show, and was much more Sci Fi then Western I felt, but it still had its moments. I agree, alot of the show's unanswered questions still werent answered, but what do you expect them to do? I really wish it had never been cancelled. Still. Awesomeness.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

This guy. Im just really hoping that Lafayette is back, easily one of the most entertaining characters on the show.

I also hate Anna Paquin, funny how I still love the show she stars in. I don't like her as an actress and I despise 'Sookie Stackhouse' as a character.
                      I dont like her either haha. I wish they could have gotten someone attractive/cute to play Sookie. Evan Rachel Wood is going to be in season 2, so that's an improvement.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• is anyone else following Deadliest Warrior?

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                          is anyone else following Deadliest Warrior?
                          Was that the show that was on right before Ultimate Fighter last night? That was really quite lame, TBH.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            I dont like her either haha. I wish they could have gotten someone attractive/cute to play Sookie. Evan Rachel Wood is going to be in season 2, so that's an improvement.
                            I'm going to miss Lizzy Caplan. Her character was pure sex.

Comment

I'm going to miss Lizzy Caplan. Her character was pure sex.
                              Lizzy Caplan in general is pure sex. She is so hot.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                Lizzy Caplan in general is pure sex. She is so hot.
                                That would be true.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information