No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First ep of Weeds wasnt bad but it was definitely strange. The show seems to have more of a point to it now, with this being the last season you can sort of see them building up the finale. So while I say it was odd, I do agree that the direction its going is really intriguing.

As for the new True Blood, loved it. That show never fails to entertain. Even though I hate Paquin & Sookie I still love me some True Blood. Im worried about my boy Jason though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      FX is an offshoot of Fox and they certainly care about quality.
      would that be during their playing of the same movies over and over, the reruns of King of the Hill and That 70s Show or DVD on TV?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        would that be during their playing of the same movies over and over, the reruns of King of the Hill and That 70s Show or DVD on TV?
        Damages, Rescue Me, The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Nip/Tuck........

I was aiming for the original shows angle instead of the **** they rerun constantly.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
          First ep of Weeds wasnt bad but it was definitely strange. The show seems to have more of a point to it now, with this being the last season you can sort of see them building up the finale. So while I say it was odd, I do agree that the direction its going is really intriguing.

As for the new True Blood, loved it. That show never fails to entertain. Even though I hate Paquin & Sookie I still love me some True Blood. Im worried about my boy Jason though.
          Just watched Weeds. Definitely strange. Not really sure how I feel about where its going.

True Blood is still downloading, but Im excited to watch it later. I cant say Im a huge fan of Paquin either, and I am upset that
          . That said, I think this season could be really cool. Needs more Eric and vampire drama isntead of so much human/human balogne.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Lizzy Caplan :(

Also, I think you will QUITE enjoy this episode..

Comment

• True Blood was awesome, I'm glad that Lafayette is alive.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                True Blood was awesome, I'm glad that Lafayette is alive.
                /agree

One of my favorite characters.

I love the directions True Blood is going, as opposed to Weeds. I don't think you could even call Weeds a dark comedy anymore, its a drama with a couple comedic elements. Im becoming less and less enthused with this seasons direction.

Comment

• Yeah, didnt enjoy the 2nd episode of Weeds at all. Its all over the place now, and it just doesnt captivate me anymore.

First episode of True Blood was ******* awesome. I still think there are alot of useless storylines thrown in and i hope it doesnt become like the 2nd season of Heroes in that way, where they just mashed together characters and storylines for no reason. That said, it was awesome and I cant wait for the next episode.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Barney Stinson makes life more enjoyable.

Comment

• Oh my God Artie Lang... Norm Macdonald and Lang along with Adam Carolla and Jimmy Kimmel are some of the most hilarious actors/comedians when it comes to making a point or filling a room with "akwardness" and confronting situations.

But damn, Artie Lang is a d-bag. Him on Joe Buck the other night just kinda ruined every thing I liked about the guy. I'll tell myself it's the boose and drugs and NOT his "real" personality. Hmmm

Comment

• yeah, I though that too. But on the other hand, Joe Buck's a real **** anyways.

Comment

• William Shatner was good on Conan.

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I recently bought the 10th anniversary of Sports Night on DVD (was only about $40 on Amazon) and I forgot two things:

1) I forgot how great of a show it is, well written and acted

2) I forgot how much I love Sabrina Lloyd

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                              I recently bought the 10th anniversary of Sports Night on DVD (was only about $40 on Amazon) and I forgot two things:

1) I forgot how great of a show it is, well written and acted

2) I forgot how much I love Sabrina Lloyd
                              Aaron Sorkin works magic yo

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                                yeah, I though that too. But on the other hand, Joe Buck's a real **** anyways.
                                Yeah Buck can come across as pretty arrogant, and he probably is, but still. Joe Buck has been around a long time, and his list of credentials is pretty solid.

For Lang to come on the premiere of his show, talk and act that way, and (IMO) intentionally try to ruin Buck's show and attack him, was just flat out classless.

Lang was on Adam Carolla's podcast yesterday and said he's nearly 3 months sober, so we can't use drugs and alcohol as an excuse....

Buck clearly is working hard to produce a good show for the audience and I'm sure everyone on his team are busting their butts to be successful. Lang dropped a longgggg way in my book.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information