Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    They're all crappy procedurals or not nearly as edgy as those two.

This man has it.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
      I've been watching Burn Notice and Royal Pains these past few days. They're pretty enjoyable.
      I'm a huge huge fan of Burn Notice and I like Royal Pains but I'm not sure it has the staying power of Burn Notice, Monk or Psych. That said, I am a fan, and I haven't missed an episode yet.

Speaking of, Monk (final season) and Psych are back THIS FRIDAY. It's too bad Burn Notice is wrapping up the season this next week though. Burn Notice / Royal Pains on Thursday -> Monk / Psych on Friday would have been a killer two nights of TV.

As for Dollhouse, Peefs is absolutely correct. They made him stick to a very strict guideline as to what he could do the first few episodes and to be quite honest I was getting a little bored. You can instantly tell when it shifted from Foxs show to Whedons. It's like night and day. They should just let him do it his way from now on and it'll continue to get better.

If you like the episodes you're watching now you're absolutely going to love the end to season one. I'm not going to give anything away but it's awesome.
      Last edited by vidae; 08-01-2009, 12:19 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
        As for Dollhouse, Peefs is absolutely correct. They made him stick to a very strict guideline as to what he could do the first few episodes and to be quite honest I was getting a little bored. You can instantly tell when it shifted from Foxs show to Whedons. It's like night and day. They should just let him do it his way from now on and it'll continue to get better.

If you like the episodes you're watching now you're absolutely going to love the end to season one. I'm not going to give anything away but it's awesome.
        Don't you just wish he would have brought Dollhouse to Sci-Fi. They wouldnt tell him a gods damned thing about what he has to do with his show. The ratings would be fine and cancellation wouldnt be a yearly issue.

Oh and if you havent seen Epitaph 1 yet, definitely check that out.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
          Don't you just wish he would have brought Dollhouse to Sci-Fi. They wouldnt tell him a gods damned thing about what he has to do with his show. The ratings would be fine and cancellation wouldnt be a yearly issue.

Hah, I was actually kind of hoping Fox was more ******** than normal, canceled the show, and then Sci-Fi picked it up. That was a rumor floating around for a while.

Ah well. I guess we can't be too mad that we get a second season.. right? ;)

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Burn Notice marathon is all I need for today.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
            Originally posted by Job
            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post

Well Fox did make him re-tool the pilot, and the original was a pretty big disaster (just finished watching the series run). Loved Epitaph One though.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  Well Fox did make him re-tool the pilot, and the original was a pretty big disaster (just finished watching the series run). Loved Epitaph One though.
                  I liked the original pilot. There were a few elements I didnt like, such as Helo meeting whats her face that early in the season. But the dialogue and character interaction were loads better. The original eps of Dollhouse were really lacking in wit and humor.

Im going into the next season of Dexter with an open mind. I hold the show to a very high standard and the 3rd season didnt live up to it.
                  Last edited by El Peefs?????; 08-02-2009, 03:25 AM.

Comment

• Stuff actually happening on True Blood is nice.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I haven't checked this thread out in a long time.. Any Breaking Bad news?

Comment

• Holy ****. True Blood is ******* great. Episode started a little slow but then I thought Sam had his chance to shine with his storyline, Jason was ******* brilliant in the scene post **** and then throughout the rest of what was going on with him, and then **** got real in Dallas. That storyline just got real ******* interesting. Also, Andy is ******* hilarious.

Comment

• Gah I have to wait for it to come online to watch it. Good to hear **** got real finally.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Thomas Jane is the luckiest gigolo ever. Where are the uggos?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• What about last week with the bigger, old woman?

Comment

• She was the only one...and probably the only one we'll see. Again, that's one lucky gigolo. lol.

As for tonight's episode...same old same old. I dont think it's going to pick up. It's entertaining enough, just not what i was expecting when I first heard about it.

Even though, I always hate on it...I'll watch true Blood next. Posting some thoughts on it after, maybe.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information