No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, saying Les just stays in one spot for 7 days just to survive is a completely false statement. Some shows he does stay put, but it's because it offers the best chance to survive. Many times, if you crash somewhere, unless you know there is a place to communicate nearby, the best option is to stay close to the crash because that's the first place they will look.

Comment

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
      Thats still like, alright lets hope someone sees this. That doesn't seem proactive at all, its just like lets wait and hope someone sees this.
      it depends on the situation, also keep in mind that moving requires energy and if you cannot find food you will make your chance of survival less likely. 9 times out of 10, some people know where you are supposed to be and can search for you.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        it depends on the situation, also keep in mind that moving requires energy and if you cannot find food you will make your chance of survival less likely. 9 times out of 10, some people know where you are supposed to be and can search for you.
        Actually that is a huge misconception. Only about half the time do people give good enough instructions/directions as to where they are going biking/camping/etc. in order to give them a good chance at being found should they get lost. Depending where you find yourself, in a majority of cases, you may only be able to stay put (within a 500 yard radius) for about 3 days before a lack of water necessitates moving to find some.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• I see this forum has caught a serious case of IWishIWasAsAwesomeAsBearGryllsitis.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
            Actually that is a huge misconception. Only about half the time do people give good enough instructions/directions as to where they are going biking/camping/etc. in order to give them a good chance at being found should they get lost. Depending where you find yourself, in a majority of cases, you may only be able to stay put (within a 500 yard radius) for about 3 days before a lack of water necessitates moving to find some.
            Well, to be quite honest, I dont give a **** because I dont plan on going someplace where I would get lost, nor do I suspect many people here do. And any one that would, I hope, is skilled enough in what they are doing to not get lost like that. If I want to spend time out in the woods with nature, I go to a friend's hunting land.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
              Man vs. Wild is fake, while Survivorman is real.

So I state again,

Survivorman>everything else on TV
              Man vs. Wild is entertaining, while Survivorman is boring.

So I state,

Man vs. Wild>Survivorman.

I know that some parts are fake, but he still does the weird **** like eating raw zebra and drinking the water out of elephant dung. I don't really care if he stays in a hotel, because if he was completely legit we'd have a boring show like Survivorman.

Comment

• I have to go with Survivorman as well. Bear Grylls is really annoying to me.
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Man Vs Wild is lame. They have footage of Bear Gryllys sleeping in hotels at night when he's supposed to be surviving in the wild

Comment

• I don't care if the entire show is fake Bear is still the man.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• I like them both for that very reason. They do things from opposite ends of the spectrum if you take my meaning. Bear does some crazy stuff and shows you some "what to do " in cases of extreme emergency situations because he can. he has a crew with him in case it goes wrong. Les plays it very safe because he has to; he has no crew (albeit he does have a pre-planned route during his 7 days should something go wrong). He shows you the safe way to do things because in all honesty, that is what you would want to do in a similar situation.

Comment

Well, to be quite honest, I dont give a **** because I dont plan on going someplace where I would get lost, nor do I suspect many people here do. And any one that would, I hope, is skilled enough in what they are doing to not get lost like that. If I want to spend time out in the woods with nature, I go to a friend's hunting land.
                        That's just the Lone-Star talkin'.

Comment

• Ok, well I started watching True Blood, and I like it, but something doesn't make sense here.

I'm on season one, ep six, and the vampire Bill has gone into Suki's (sp?) house twice in this episode without permission, but earlier they made a big deal about vampires needing mortals' permission to enter their homes. wtfz? It better explain this.

Comment

As someone who spends about 35-50 days a summer on canoe trips I can say that I have used plenty of what Les Stroud has said. I would never try to pull any of the **** Bear says

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                              As someone who spends about 35-50 days a summer on canoe trips I can say that I have used plenty of what Les Stroud has said. I would never try to pull any of the **** Bear says
                              because you're not as badass as Bear is. THAT is pretty much the argument here (go back and read it) that Bear knows more and can do more than Les.

They can both survive, obviously, but in the most horrific conditions Bear would outlast Les.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
                                because you're not as badass as Bear is. THAT is pretty much the argument here (go back and read it) that Bear knows more and can do more than Les.

They can both survive, obviously, but in the most horrific conditions Bear would outlast Les.
                                absolutely not. Les definately has the mind and sense of mind that would help him outlast bear. Les has dealt with crazy survival situations by himself...while Bear always has that fallback.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information