No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivorman is better than Man vs. Wild just for the sheer realism of it. Every time I watch MvW now I'm always wondering whether or not he's actually doing half the **** they show him doing.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
      absolutely not. Les definately has the mind and sense of mind that would help him outlast bear. Les has dealt with crazy survival situations by himself...while Bear always has that fallback.
      dude, what do you think got Bear his show? all the **** he's done in his lifetime WITHOUT a camera crew.

btw i love bringing this up when this argument arises. Please take the time and read it.

SALT LAKE CITY When he realized he'd been separated from his family on a weekend hike in a northern Utah forest, 9-year-old Grayson Wynne's thoughts turned to television.

Grayson watches "Man vs. Wild" on the Discovery Channel every week with his brothers and his dad. On the show, host and adventurer Bear Grylls strands himself in the wilderness and then shows viewers how to survive the sticky situations.

That's where Grayson says he learned to leave clues behind to help searchers find him.

On Saturday, when he was scared and alone in the Ashley National Forest, Grayson started tearing up his yellow rain slicker, despite the intermittent downpours, and tying pieces to trees.

"I just used my hands," said Grayson, who was found safe Sunday after spending 18 hours lost in the forest. "I don't know how many times I tore the thing but quite a lot."

Grayson was among a party of about 15 family members that left Saturday from the Spirit Lake trailhead in Daggett County. The group stopped to tighten a saddle on a horse at some point, said Grayson's dad, Kynan Wynne. But Grayson didn't realize it and went ahead of the pack before diverting onto a smaller trail in the thick forest.

Although Kynan Wynne was concerned for his son's safety, he was also confident in the boy's resilience.

"Somewhere he got the idea that for multiple reasons, not just for people to find you, but to retrace your steps if you have to, to leave a trail," Kynan Wynne said.

Grayson created a small shelter overnight under a fallen tree. The next day, he decided to follow a creek in hopes of finding help.

"I (thought I) might find the lake, that there might be somebody at the lake," he said.
      Grayson, who will start fourth grade in the fall, also left a couple of clues for searchers that he didn't mean to.

He dropped a granola bar wrapper about 300 yards off the main trail. Searchers also found a small footprint and a backpack about 400 yards from the wrapper.

"I was just being pretty stupid that I dropped the backpack," Grayson said. "I was just panicking too much."

When Grayson heard a helicopter overhead, he ran into a meadow and waved the last piece of his jacket. But two searchers on horseback saw him first.
      "It was such a good feeling that I was going to be all right," said Grayson, who got back to normal Monday by playing in a Little League double-header.
      When he was reunited with his father, Grayson's first words were "Happy Father's Day."

The Daggett County sheriff's office credited the searchers, volunteers and Grayson's common sense for the positive outcome.

"The thing that he recognized from the show, regardless of the circumstances you're in, you are capable of surviving," Kynan Wynne said.
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_219400.html

Comment

• Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
        Ok, well I started watching True Blood, and I like it, but something doesn't make sense here.

I'm on season one, ep six, and the vampire Bill has gone into Suki's (sp?) house twice in this episode without permission, but earlier they made a big deal about vampires needing mortals' permission to enter their homes. wtfz? It better explain this.
        If they are invited in a specific house they can come in at will until the invitation is rescinded.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
        I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
          If they are invited in a specific house they can come in at will until the invitation is rescinded.
          Ok, that makes sense I guess. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
            That's just the Lone-Star talkin'.
            funny you say that because I cant find Lone Star for cheap around these parts. but I am planning on going to a hunting lodge soon!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Do you guys get the show Mantracker in the states? It's pretty cool. They drop two people off in the middle of a forest somewhere in Canada. Then, there's this old cowboy guy on horseback who tracks them down (using footprints, fresh dirt, broken plants, clues like that) and have to catch them before they reach the finish line. Mantracker has an assistant but he does not know where the finish line is but the people have a time limit. It takes them two days to make it so they have to set up camp. Mantracker is crazy good though at finding the people. It's a very entertainign show.

Comment

• Watched a little bit of Hard Knocks.. The "Andre Smith running his 40" in the talent competition thing was the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Comment

• I told myself that I wouldn't watch Heroes anymore, but now that T-Bag is in the series, it's hard to avoid.

also Hayden

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Psych was hilarious once again tonight even though I figured out the crime early on with a hunch. It's still clutch, though.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      Do you guys get the show Mantracker in the states? It's pretty cool. They drop two people off in the middle of a forest somewhere in Canada. Then, there's this old cowboy guy on horseback who tracks them down (using footprints, fresh dirt, broken plants, clues like that) and have to catch them before they reach the finish line. Mantracker has an assistant but he does not know where the finish line is but the people have a time limit. It takes them two days to make it so they have to set up camp. Mantracker is crazy good though at finding the people. It's a very entertainign show.

I love that show. It's incredibly unfair to the contestants, but I still love it. I'd love to go on that show with my brother. We were both in the Army and both very "outdoorsy" types. He and I would have no problem winning.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                        Watched a little bit of Hard Knocks.. The "Andre Smith running his 40" in the talent competition thing was the funniest thing I've ever seen.
                        Agreed, I was cracking up.

Although, Andre Smith's actual 40 still haunts my dreams.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                        Originally posted by Job
                        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• The rookie talent show was hilarious for sure.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Who the **** thought of the idea for Brothers? It looks worse than testicular torsion.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Gangland is my favorite show on TV. All the episodes with prison gangs and bikers are the best

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                                Gangland is my favorite show on TV. All the episodes with prison gangs and bikers are the best
                                The Latin Kings episode was pretty funny to me.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information