No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The constant Dave and Buster thing was probably the funniest joke to me.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Ken Jeong needs to be in everything.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        The constant Dave and Buster thing was probably the funniest joke to me.
        I thought the whole Power Card dialogue was hilarious. But these things should not take over the episode.....

In other news, I cannot wait for The League. Possibly one of the most underrated comic casts put together in recent history, and it's a subject every single one of us can relate to

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
          Senor Chang is the show despite the minor character he is.

Anyways, a solid episode tonight of Sunny but just another example of how the show's popularity has skyrocketed past an acceptable point. The whole episode was pretty much just one joint commercial for Dave and Busters and Coors Light. The plugging was so non subliminal to the point that it was annoying. I miss the old Sunny, the little show that could make a fantastic sitcom on an $83 budget, and I hope to see it again soon
          Concur 100%. It was really hard enjoying the episode when like you said..it was one big commercial. The rerun episode of 'the gang solves the gas crisis' was sooo much more enjoyable. I also didn't like the Frank suicidal stuff, I know it's a dark comedy but that's just a bit too dark for my tastes.

Here's hoping they get back to the basics.

Comment

• The League is a great idea. I have very high hopes for it. Imagine a TV show based on this site and that might be The League pretty much.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              Ken Jeong needs to be in everything.
              Well, John Michael Higgins IS in everything so that is covered.

I'm looking forward to The League because Leslie Bibb is really really hot.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I'm looking forward to The League because I can finally watch a show that pairs the many talents of Paul Scheer, Mark Duplass, and MC Vagina.

Comment

• yea, I for one like how they are almost making fun of the plugs they are doing on Sunny. It may be getting more popular but the show is definitely still going strong.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                  Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Just doing a little more research in the League I'm even more excited. The creator and writer of the show has been involved in Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, EuroTrip and Bruno. Very good stuff here.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                      I'm looking forward to The League because I can finally watch a show that pairs the many talents of Paul Scheer, Mark Duplass, and MC Vagina.
                      Lajoie is in The League? I was looking forward to it before, but now I can't wait.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job
                      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• I'm not as hopeful for The League. The promos and the idea iself do nothing for me. Hopefully all this impressive paperwork you guys are showing make for it to be better than what I'm thinking.

Comment

• So since I'm the only one who still watches it, needless to say I'm unimpressed with the changes brought about on SNL. First off, I'm saddened to see Casey Wilson go and especially saddened at the departure of Michaela Watkins, whose character Angie Tempura was a favourite of mine. I don't know what is in store for Wilson, however, Watkins earned a starring role on The New Adventures of Old Christine. Anyways, Lorne countered with the hirings of two UCB alums, Nasim Pedrad and Jenny Slate. Time will tell what will come from these hirings, however Slate has already caused some bad press dropping the F-Bomb during the Biker skit Saturday. Apparently she will not be fired for this major **** up.

Despite this mess, SNL still remains relevant due to the recent popularity of some cast members. Andy Samberg, along with writer friends Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone, and their patented digital shorts has established SNL as a major player in the internet viral video. Also in their fifth seasons, Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig have become major names in comedy with hilarious supporting roles in Apatowian comedies such as Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Superbad, Adventureland, and Knocked Up. However, as these cast members become more powerful in a sense, we are beginning to see the decline of the show's top veterans, mainly Darrell Hammond, Fred Armisen, and Will Forte, who was almost fired a few years ago and was smartly retained.

Abby Elliott is also a hard body, despite being the daughter of Dom Woganowski......

Comment

• Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                            Lajoie is in The League? I was looking forward to it before, but now I can't wait.
                            Yes sir, his first acting role

Comment

• I also watch SNL but Lorne thought Watkins was too good of an actress and comedian and she needed her own show. I haven't yet watched the first episode this year but they still have a lot of comedic talent. I still think this year will be fine.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                I also watch SNL but Lorne thought Watkins was too good of an actress and comedian and she needed her own show. I haven't yet watched the first episode this year but they still have a lot of comedic talent. I still think this year will be fine.
                                So develop more characters for her! You could've had another Wiig on your hands in two years!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information