Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Boston View Post
    Anybody want to make sense o this episode? Talking about Dexter of course.
    I thought it was an awesome episode...so many things happenedthat we cant really discuss because of spoilers, but let me just say its shaping up to be an interesting season...same goes for Californication
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

    Comment


    • Chuck is awesome. Sarah in the Nerd Herd outfit=epic win

      Comment


      • Catching up on this years season of dexter as I wait for the new heroes and chuck to come up. Like watching a few epi's of that show back to back. And I'm really liking how they're almost making dexter seem human. I'm not sure why people consider this show the best show on tv, it's a good show that i follow regularly, but it's just in that tier of TV shows I genuinely enjoy and not on it's own level like some hype it as.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          Chuck is awesome. Sarah in the Nerd Herd outfit=epic win
          agreed....

          Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            I thought it was an awesome episode...so many things happenedthat we cant really discuss because of spoilers, but let me just say its shaping up to be an interesting season...same goes for Californication
            I really enjoyed this episode of Dexter. I mean the side stories not involving Dexter have been pretty weak this season but his stuff is ******* awesome. Next week looks like another really good ep and recent eps having really set up what should be a great last couple eps.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MaxV View Post
              Unfortunately, between work and school, I don't get to watch a lot of TV.

              But the one show that I make sure not to miss is "Sons of Anarchy".

              Great show.
              Thank you, i wasnt sure how the show was doing ratings wise or if anyone else was interested in it but me, but this is a great show. I dont make a habbit of catching it the day a new episode premieres like lost, but i catch the reruns of it the night after. I highly recommend it.


              Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

              Comment


              • Just finished the new episode of chuck and it was nice and entertaining. Just what i've come to expect from chuck. I don't want my time back and that's all you call really expect from TV.

                Comment


                • I'm watching the new dexter and while I really do enjoy this show, I just can't get into the character that much. He's just a whiny confused little boy who judges other people's lives and acts as the angel of death to keep from every dealing with his own, a killer Peter Pan.

                  EDIT:
                  Just finished the latest episode and I like were they're taking it even though I steal find Dexter whiny and sometimes simply unwilling to deal with things.
                  Last edited by giantsfan; 10-28-2008, 04:36 AM.

                  Comment


                  • this season of Dexter seems to be stalling. however, Californication is hitting all the right notes.

                    Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                    Comment


                    • I dont find Dexter to be whiney at all...I think alot of the philosophizing he does is because he doesnt know what else to do. And thats the point, we are supposed to believe that he is confused. He is unable to comprehend alot of things "regular" humans do, therefore you have to get the sense that he is very lonely, and since that is the case, he finds himself on the outside of alot of situations due to his lack of emotion. However, hes grown alot since the first season, especially emotionally. I dont think hes whiney per say, just confused alot of the time. And since thats they way the show is told, we hear it from his point of view. Its that kind of narrative. I personally think its the best show on TV at this point.

                      And Californication is just ******* spectacular. Lew Ashbey= Great addition to the show
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        I dont find Dexter to be whiney at all...I think alot of the philosophizing he does is because he doesnt know what else to do. And thats the point, we are supposed to believe that he is confused. He is unable to comprehend alot of things "regular" humans do, therefore you have to get the sense that he is very lonely, and since that is the case, he finds himself on the outside of alot of situations due to his lack of emotion. However, hes grown alot since the first season, especially emotionally. I dont think hes whiney per say, just confused alot of the time. And since thats they way the show is told, we hear it from his point of view. Its that kind of narrative. I personally think its the best show on TV at this point.

                        And Californication is just ******* spectacular. Lew Ashbey= Great addition to the show
                        Lew Ashby is my personal jesus. Callum Keith Rennie is the sole reason Canadian film in the past 10 years has been half decent.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          I dont find Dexter to be whiney at all...I think alot of the philosophizing he does is because he doesnt know what else to do. And thats the point, we are supposed to believe that he is confused. He is unable to comprehend alot of things "regular" humans do, therefore you have to get the sense that he is very lonely, and since that is the case, he finds himself on the outside of alot of situations due to his lack of emotion. However, hes grown alot since the first season, especially emotionally. I dont think hes whiney per say, just confused alot of the time. And since thats they way the show is told, we hear it from his point of view. Its that kind of narrative. I personally think its the best show on TV at this point.
                          Yeah but his emotional incompetence is largely the result of his own refusal to grow and deal with life. He uses his "dark Passenger" to rationalize his emotional ineptitude so that he never actually has to deal with things.

                          Comment


                          • Has anyone ever watched the show Three Sheets? It's on Mojo HD which is some channel I get on my digital cable. It's basically this guy who goes around the world exploring different drinking cultures. Anyway, I just found out that they filmed the fourth season but Mojo is going off air December 1 which really sucks cuz the show is pretty sweet. I think they are trying to get picked up by another network such as Spike or Travel.

                            Look it up on Hulu its a pretty entertaining show and you can actually learn some interesting stuff about other drinking cultures.

                            ^A Bonekrusher production^
                            #15
                            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                            Comment


                            • Alright, got myself caught up on the big bang theory and so far I'm really enjoying season 2, they've really taken a step and I love how they treat Sheldon as some sort of nonhuman creature to study.

                              Comment


                              • Has anyone watched that FX show "Testees"? I am curious if it's worth checking out.

                                Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information