Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sons of anarchy is so much win its incredible i cant wait for the next episode, and on dexter yes deb really sucks shes terrible, but only when she tries to get all dramatic she doesnt really bother me being the foul mouthed sister

    Comment


    • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      By the way, everyone should be watching Bored to Death. One of the best new shows on TV. Ted Danson is hilarious.
      QFT. Bored to Death has really hit its stride.

      ^A Bonekrusher production^
      #15
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        Smits could have been better? He was fantastic.
        He was alright. Hated hated hated hated the direction that season went. I've enjoyed the episodes this season infinitely more than last seasons.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
          He was alright. Hated hated hated hated the direction that season went. I've enjoyed the episodes this season infinitely more than last seasons.
          Dexter has definitely regressed since Season 1, which is by far the best in my opinion. Season 4 has been my 2nd fave so far, I really feel Dexter is best with a strong antagonistic character, a la Trinity or The Ice Truck Killer. Season 2 was strong as well, and Season 3 had its moments but was definitely the worst IMO, even with Smits doing a great job.

          At this point, I prefer Californication, which just keeps getting better.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            Dexter has definitely regressed since Season 1, which is by far the best in my opinion. Season 4 has been my 2nd fave so far, I really feel Dexter is best with a strong antagonistic character, a la Trinity or The Ice Truck Killer. Season 2 was strong as well, and Season 3 had its moments but was definitely the worst IMO, even with Smits doing a great job.

            At this point, I prefer Californication, which just keeps getting better.
            Dexter & Mike C Hall never had anything on David D & Californication!

            Did anyone else watch Six Feet Under and take awhile to adjust to Dexter, being used to seeing him as the awkward *** mortician haha.

            Comment


            • I missed this weeks SOA but plan on catching up with it soon.

              Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

              Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                Smits could have been better? He was fantastic.
                Smits was better in his younger roles, like in LA Law & NYPD Blue, they showed me what he was capable of producing in a performance. His role here as an up & comer Hispanic politico was too stereotyped for me, like the police captain in Season 1 of The Shield.... now there was a series that went downhill really fast after garnering all those Emmys in the early going. Michael Chiklis was great in the very early Shield as Sgt. Vick Mackey, then he just kind of petered out.

                By season 3 of Dexter you know anyone who sees him with blood on his hands is toast sooner or later, just a matter of time before Smits character was on that table wrapped in vinyl. In afterthought Smits did give a rapid arc of a heroic vigilante type degenerating into serial killer villain via his own obsessive nature, decent tragic flaw exhibited, so I upgrade his performance to a B-. Again, he was only hired for one season, like Lila in Season 2.

                Best quote I've heard (so far) in Dexter was from Debra about Lila:

                She's pale, like a ******* vampire! Nobody is pale in Miami!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                  Dexter & Mike C Hall never had anything on David D & Californication!

                  Did anyone else watch Six Feet Under and take awhile to adjust to Dexter, being used to seeing him as the awkward *** mortician haha.
                  I used to watch SFU. In alot of ways, the characters are really similar. They are both reclusive and hiding something, are prone to violent or angry outbursts, and deal with shame regarding their "dark" secrets. Hall is great as both characters though. SFU was a really great show as well.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                    Smits was better in his younger roles, like in LA Law & NYPD Blue, they showed me what he was capable of producing in a performance. His role here as an up & comer Hispanic politico was too stereotyped for me, like the police captain in Season 1 of The Shield.... now there was a series that went downhill really fast after garnering all those Emmys in the early going. Michael Chiklis was great in the very early Shield as Sgt. Vick Mackey, then he just kind of petered out.
                    WHAT? Please leave before some very dark things happen.


                    RIP TheManInBlack

                    Comment


                    • Whoa. Funny stuff. Rewatching season 1 of Californication. And as I mentioned repeated references to The Great Gatsby in Season 2, after rewatching season 1, there are repeated references to Lolita, another famous novel. Cant believe I didnt pick up on these before. Anyone notice a literary pattern in season 3 yet?
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                      Comment


                      • Radio Show Host: What's your latest obsession?
                        Hank Moody: Just the fact that people seem to be getting dumber and dumber. You know, I mean we have all this amazing technology and yet computers have turned into basically four figure wank machines. The internet was supposed to set us free, democratize us, but all it's really given us is Howard Dean's aborted candidacy and 24 hour a day access to kiddie porn. People... they don't write anymore, they blog. Instead of talking, they text, no punctuation, no grammar: LOL this and LMFAO that. You know, it just seems to me it's just a bunch of stupid people pseudo-communicating with a bunch of other stupid people at a proto-language that resembles more what cavemen used to speak than the King's English.
                        Radio Show Host: Yet you're part of the problem, I mean you're out there blogging with the best of them.
                        Hank Moody: Hence my self-loathing.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                        Comment


                        • Sons of anarchy's next episode is going to be amazing. I cant wait to see this whole Jax clay thing go down.


                          Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                          Comment


                          • I only have the Dexter season 3 finale left to watch. :(

                            I plan on re-watching all three season as soon as I finish season 3. My favorite television show ever.

                            Thanks BoneKrusher^

                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              I only have the Dexter season 3 finale left to watch. :(

                              I plan on re-watching all three season as soon as I finish season 3. My favorite television show ever.
                              Watch Californication. Tis the epic awesomeness.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                              Comment


                              • And here I thought your IASIP love was annoying.


                                RIP TheManInBlack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information