Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
    When you guys rent or buy a DVD for a movie or show do you ever watch the commentary?

I pretty much never do it does nothing for me just kinda wondering if you guys do?
    Depends on the movie/show. Kevin Smith has awesome commentaries. Listen to the one from Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
      Psych and Burn Notice back in January! Maybe Chuck too!
      I thought Chuck started in March after the Winter Olympics?

I think Chuck will do really well this year. Interesting new plot twists to it in addition to not having to go up against House. That's what killed it last year as I believe it had to compete with House which is a death sentence for any show. It actually still did solid ratings doing that.

Anyways, Yvonne is awesome and it will be fun to see what Chuck does now with this...(not wanting to spoil anything for people) interesting new set of circumstances.

As for Dollhouse, it was getting really interesting this year but I'm not surprised to see it get axed. Sci-fi type shows typically don't do well on network TV. I'm not nearly as sad to see it go as I was Firefly, which was epic.
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• NBC ordered 6 more episodes of Chuck and have not renewed/ordered any of Trauma, so that's leading some to believe that Chuck will be back when the already recorded episodes of Trauma are finished airing, beginningish of January.

Unfortunately, it will still be going up against House in the same timeslot, unless House is over for the season by then. I'm not sure when this season of House wraps.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

When you guys rent or buy a DVD for a movie or show do you ever watch the commentary?
          If they have it, I watch it. I rent a lot of anime and commentaries are rare.

Comment

I pretty much never do it does nothing for me just kinda wondering if you guys do?
            I do on some movies, not all though.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• I got to watch two ******* episodes of Dollhouse on TV before it was canceled. I hate fox. >_<

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

• Come on, you guys are really upset about Dollhouse? I loved Buffy, Angel, and Firefly but that show was terrible, not to mention doomed from the beginning.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                  Come on, you guys are really upset about Dollhouse? I loved Buffy, Angel, and Firefly but that show was terrible, not to mention doomed from the beginning.
                  Eh, I think you're underrating it a bit. Particularly if you watched it this year. It was rough around the edges the first season in some areas but I felt like it was pretty solid this year.

Nothing compared to Firefly, but still pretty good.

I do agree it was doomed from the beginning though.
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                    Eh, I think you're underrating it a bit. Particularly if you watched it this year. It was rough around the edges the first season in some areas but I felt like it was pretty solid this year.

Nothing compared to Firefly, but still pretty good.

I do agree it was doomed from the beginning though.
                    You should watch Angel again. I love Firefly but Angel is a really ******* good show. Spike is Season 5 was great and him interacting with Angel always made for funny **** happening.

Comment

• I'm a HUGE Buffy fan and just went back not to long ago and watched all seven seasons but I never got in to Angel.

Comment

I'm a HUGE Buffy fan and just went back not to long ago and watched all seven seasons but I never got in to Angel.
                        The first season wasn't particularly great (season finale, and a smattering of really good episodes though) but in it's second season it really took off and never really slowed down. Terrific show.

I never missed an ep of Dollhouse and still do not think it was any good. Often incredibly cheesy, contrived, and nonsensical, and even that I would have forgiven if I thought there were more than one or two interesting characters.

Comment

• FTW!!!

For sure in my top five maybe #1 all time so epic...

Comment

I'm just about done with the 3rd season of Veronica Mars I'm kinda taking my time since I know wants it is over thats it....

:(

That and I have started watching The Office and it has pretty much took over my life I have watched the first four seasons in like a week.
                            There is nothing greater than being able to watch episode after episode of The Office season sans commercials. It's like a running gag reel/movie.

How I made it through the first 3 seasons week to week without Jim and Pam finally getting together, I do not know...With all the seasons out I can watch them morph into Jam in just a couple hours. Life is complete.
                            Last edited by Whistler6; 11-12-2009, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                              The first season wasn't particularly great (season finale, and a smattering of really good episodes though) but in it's second season it really took off and never really slowed down. Terrific show.

I never missed an ep of Dollhouse and still do not think it was any good. Often incredibly cheesy, contrived, and nonsensical, and even that I would have forgiven if I thought there were more than one or two interesting characters.
                              Love Angel. don't much like Buffy. And I think after the first 5 episodes of Season 1 Dollhouse was absolutely terrific. The last episode they showed, and probably will show, was excellent.

Comment

• I saw at Best Buy the complete series of Sanford and Son for $50. I'm gonna have to go and snag that.
                                Last edited by nrk; 11-12-2009, 04:58 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information