Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
    They better quit all this love story **** on House. It was better when they focused on the Dabalah case, but they could only milk that for so long. Someone else needs to die.
    No, there will be a second love story. I picked up a little something-something in the convo between Chase and Thirteen.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
      No, there will be a second love story. I picked up a little something-something in the convo between Chase and Thirteen.
      That's weird, I've never seen those two interact in the show before that episode. I expected more of a conflict between her and Foreman when 13 came back.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Larry David is a ******* genius.

Comment

• Gonzo I posted that same goddamn clip a few pages back you prick.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            Gonzo I posted that same goddamn clip a few pages back you prick.
            **** me then. You win this round sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
              Yeah I realize that pilots are often lackluster. That would apply here, if the pilot was the episode I saw. It wasn't. I saw the 4th episode (had to watch it with a friend). I find the characters dull and unfunny, the script lame, and the singing unbearable. Are you insecure about liking this show or are just desperate for other people to like it? I know when I'm not going to like something, and this show has the ingredients for everything I hate.
              Interesting, because if I recall correctly even I hated episode four. I remember it be extremely lame and cheesy and even some of the songs weren't that good. Hence why basing it off one episode = stupid. And no, I'm not desperate for other people to like it, but admittedly it does annoy me when people don't watch at least the first 4-5 episodes of show before declaring whether it's good or not.

I usually watch the first 5-7 episodes before I really get a feel on whether I like a show, even if I realize I don't like it long before I get several episodes in.

Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
              Someone must have peed in Forenci's vitamin water at drama club this week.
              Ew Vitamin Water. Although I do suppose someone could have peed in my Gatorade. Lemon Lime flavor ftw.

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              And to be honest, this is an internet forum for discussion. Like it or not, people are gunna bash your show. In this case it just happens to be deservedly so.
              I don't have a problem when even you bashed it, to be honest APS. You actually stated why you didn't like it and discussed why you didn't like it, even if I personally disagreed with it. If this is a "discussion" forum shouldn't people at least discuss why they hated it other than saying "it's stupid".

But to each there own I suppose.

Anyways, on another note, Community is epic. Probably my favorite new show of the year thus far. that is all. oh and dibs on Annie!
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• NO, I called dibs on Annie weeks ago and you know it.

And this is a "Television Discussion Thread".. not a "Only discuss shows that everyone agrees on" thread. It's rather annoying to post anything about Glee only to have the same people post crap like "omg I can't believe you like that show" and "Glee sucks". It gets old rather fast.

There are a few shows that some of you like that I don't but I don't feel the need to post about it every time you talk about the show here.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                  NO, I called dibs on Annie weeks ago and you know it.

And this is a "Television Discussion Thread".. not a "Only discuss shows that everyone agrees on" thread. It's rather annoying to post anything about Glee only to have the same people post crap like "omg I can't believe you like that show" and "Glee sucks". It gets old rather fast.

There are a few shows that some of you like that I don't but I don't feel the need to post about it every time you talk about the show here.
                  Exactly. I don't post about how much I think 30 Rock sucks every time someone writes about it :)

Comment

• I've probably said this in this thread before, but Jimmy Fallon is so ******* un-funny.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Quinn dancing was ******* sexy.

Also, Annie is mine

Comment

• Just caught up on last weeks sons of Anarchy. My god this show is so freakin awesome. I cant wait for next weeks finale.

Originally posted by WMD
                        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                        Originally posted by gpngc
                        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• House 6th season rant

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                          They better quit all this love story **** on House. It was better when they focused on the Dabalah case, but they could only milk that for so long. Someone else needs to die.
                          They've gone from too high a body count on House to not enough?

No choice with Kutner, he accepted a highly profiled position with the Obama Admin. & they had to kill him off. His was the best developed supporting character among the House crew, I could see some aspects of his life & personality that were much more sophisticated than the crazy-ass stoner he played in Harold & Kumar, they lost a future great actor when he left & I hope he returns to acting later. They probably didnt need to do Amber in either, though the 2-parter told in dream sequences, retrospect, etc. of the bus crash & events leading to it was one of the best ever House segments, they do hallucinations/dreams very well. Now I enjoy the return of Taub, the too-short former plastic surgeon always dumped on by House (that's just his inverted way of showing respect) with a chaotic personal life but who comes through in the clutch. They kept trying to get rid of Wilson who's been fed up with House's pranks & parasitic relationship that goes way, way beyond friendship or co-dependency time & again, but he's the classic sidekick with witty comebacks & great lines -- all he needs is a big funny sidekick hat. His leaving was just more teasing from the writers.

They teased us with 13's on & off thing with Foreman, House's thing with Cuddy, now again with the on-again, off-again thing with Chase & Cameron that mirrors their real life marriage/breakups. Point is that all this teasing to maintain viewership is getting old, they are reaching. I thought House's self-commitment to & release from an institution at this season's beginning was a reach (but Andre Braugher was excellent in that segment), bringing a filmdom icon in to die in their hospital in James Earl Jones was a melodramatic reach too, & so is the latest twist in the Lisa Cuddy love life, coupling with Lucas Douglas the PI who chameleons House's demeanor, expressions & mannerisms, complete with all the typical House prankster mindgames.

When a primetime #1-ranked drama like this has to reveal that House's long-awaited sleeping with Cuddy was really a fantasy or hallucination, I have to wonder if the well has gone dry. they've run out of plot devices, the episodes aren't as solid as before. They had to bring 13 back, just too sexy to omit, got to have a bisexual smoking-hot dr. there as Foreman's love interest, Cameron is now blonde & married, & 13 is a complex but sympathetic character. Olivia Wilde is after all one of the best looking women in show business despite the fetus-head & tiny body, her career is taking off like a rocket now, they may have had to give her a big raise to keep her after all her film offers, I wouldnt be surprised if she does go away when her Huntington's becomes full-blown b/c that's built in.

The in-jokes have been better & more frequent this season though, ther was one moment House rags on Chase for being "too British" & he says "But I'm Australian," & House retorts with "You have the Queen on your $ ... you're British!" uhhh, & what nationality is Hugh Laurie? Bet you a dollar he penned that line himself.

I checked the spoilers pg. on the wiki site & there were no more listed than what's revealed to this point, the cast seems set for awhile but they could have a new curve thrown at us or 2 involving patients as in the earlier more intriguing seasons. We could have some more new characters next yr, the series is so popular every up & coming actor or character actor in Hollywood forms a long waiting list for a guest gig there.
                          Last edited by LizardState; 11-28-2009, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• There is one episode of Monk left! :(

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                              There is one episode of Monk left! :(
                              First time I ever DVR'd something was that last night. First episode I've seen in weeks, but it's the finale!

wtf cliffhanger monk don't goooo!!!

Comment

• I haven't watched Monk in a couple of seasons already, but I do want to see the ending.

Is the ending about the Trudy murder?
                                Last edited by MaxV; 11-28-2009, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information