No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't think Band of Brothers should count because it is a mini-series. Wire is number 1, no Arrested Development or Always Sunny?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Arrested Development is beyond over-rated on this board and IASIP is pretty over-rated as well, the league's been better this season and during their run there have been plenty of comedies that have been as good or better, community and the big bang theory right now, How I met your mother in years past. I'd also add Spaced, I know it started airing in 99, but season 2 was in 2001 and that show is truly great, I mean...

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
      Tudyk is amazing. Very underrated comic actor. To see that they've casted James Marsden in his original role for the American version of Death At A Funeral is just an embarrassment. That they're even remaking the movie is insane
      You have given out too much rep today, someone rep this man for me. Death at a Funeral is one of my favorite comedies of this decade.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Spaced is amazing, but in no way is IASIP overrated.

Diab, other shows that should be in contention for that list are Californication, Flight of the Conchords, LOST (for all its flaws, its still better then some of the shows you have on there), Party Down (only 1 season, but it was a season of awesome), Veronica Mars should absolutely be on there...Damn, lots of good shows ahhaa.

And Weeds has been awful the past 2 seasons. It makes me sad inside, as the first 3 were fantastic.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I wish Pushing Daisies had caught on. That was a cool show.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• The third season of Weeds blew ass so the first three being great is not true. The first and second were good however.

And Lost is the best show of the decade (without having seen The Wire), so you not having it on the list= dead to me list.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              Spaced is amazing, but in no way is IASIP overrated.

Diab, other shows that should be in contention for that list are Californication, Flight of the Conchords, LOST (for all its flaws, its still better then some of the shows you have on there), Party Down (only 1 season, but it was a season of awesome), Veronica Mars should absolutely be on there...Damn, lots of good shows ahhaa.

And Weeds has been awful the past 2 seasons. It makes me sad inside, as the first 3 were fantastic.
              Sunny is over-rated on here. It's one of the good comedies out right now, but that's it, it isn't by far the greatest comedy on tv right now like many people like to believe.

Party Down was awesome but I think Bored to Death's one season has been even mroe awesome.

And I liked this past season of weeds, after season 2 they started being more of a drama than a dramedy and it took them two years to figure that change out, this past season I thought they found a groove again were getting better and better.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                I wish Pushing Daisies had caught on. That was a cool show.
                It was really different but in a good way that said it was on a bad time (for me) so I didn't get to watch it as much as I would have liked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                  Sunny is over-rated on here. It's one of the good comedies out right now, but that's it, it isn't by far the greatest comedy on tv right now like many people like to believe.

Party Down was awesome but I think Bored to Death's one season has been even mroe awesome.
                  Damn. I forgot all about Bored to Death.

Sunny is basically the anti-sitcom sitcom. It is unabashed, crude and quite deranged most of the time. For me, those are criteria for good comedy and very few shows deliver that. Sunny, The League, Bored to Death are on the short list for that. I haven't seen Party Down.

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                  It was really different but in a good way that said it was on a bad time (for me) so I didn't get to watch it as much as I would have liked.
                  I don't even know what day half the shows I watch are on anymore. I know the Thursday shows but not what times. DVR FTMFW!!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I want to see if Bored to Death gets a 2nd season and if that 2nd season lives up to the same awesomeness that was the first before putting it on a list of the best of the decade.

And IASIP is better then any show, ever. Period. No discussions. ever.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I'm not saying sunny isn't funny and I don't watch every episode, but it isn't a on a level of its own. There are a fair number of shows that I laugh just as much watching, and this isn't counting Fox News, CNBC or CNN. And unfortunately APS isn't the only one who treats it like it's an all-time great, like South Park, because he's got a lot of things working against him so we need to forgive the falseness of his words.

BK

Comment

• I'll go ahead and address a few things...

This was my list and mine alone. You are free to make yours. I was bored last night and was writing down all of my favorite television shows and decided to compose a list of my favorite of the decade. Some didn't make the cut (Rescue Me, Party Down, Dead Like Me, et al) because I hadn't seem them. Others didn't make it because either I haven't watched them or didn't like them past the one or two episodes I did catch (Eastbound and Down, Flight of the Conchords, Bored To Death).

I've mentioned on here several times that I tried getting into Always Sunny but just couldn't. I never laughed out loud as I have with other comedies (Scrubs, The League, Chappelle's Show, Undeclared) and didn't think it was on par with the aforementioned. I've read somewhere that Always Sunny was compared to Seinfeld but on crack. I can see that because crack is whack and so is Always Sunny. I don't think the show is over-rated, but I do think there are several people who post in this thread that hype it up to be more than it is: a mediocre show with only one funny guy (Charlie). I feel the same way about Arrested Development. When watching it, I could definitely see how people would like it, but it just wasn't for me.

I do admit, LOST was great for the first couple of seasons and then it got lost within itself. When comparing it to other shows of the decade, however, there were several that I couldn't stop watching (if I had them on DVD) or couldn't wait for them to come on (The Sopranos). LOST was good for what it was but it's steady decline really killed it for me, same was Weeds. Entourage is comparable in that the later seasons weren't as good as the first couple but those first two were brilliant.

Yeah, Band of Brothers is a mini-series but it was incredible as was another mini-series in Generation Kill. Both were stellar and deserve to be where they are in the rankings, regardless if they were a long running series or not.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

• Soprano's annoyed the hell out of me, damn irritating Italians.

Comment

• Lost hasn't got Lost within itself, they just finally figured out where the show is going. Plus, JACOB.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              Yeah, Band of Brothers is a mini-series but it was incredible as was another mini-series in Generation Kill. Both were stellar and deserve to be where they are in the rankings, regardless if they were a long running series or not.
                              I would argue it is easier to be really good for a small amount of episodes. Like you said Lost was great for the first couple of seasons. That is a longer running time than Band of Brothers. It is different entity in my mind is all.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                                I'll go ahead and address a few things...

This was my list and mine alone. You are free to make yours. I was bored last night and was writing down all of my favorite television shows and decided to compose a list of my favorite of the decade. Some didn't make the cut (Rescue Me, Party Down, Dead Like Me, et al) because I hadn't seem them. Others didn't make it because either I haven't watched them or didn't like them past the one or two episodes I did catch (Eastbound and Down, Flight of the Conchords, Bored To Death).

I've mentioned on here several times that I tried getting into Always Sunny but just couldn't. I never laughed out loud as I have with other comedies (Scrubs, The League, Chappelle's Show, Undeclared) and didn't think it was on par with the aforementioned. I've read somewhere that Always Sunny was compared to Seinfeld but on crack. I can see that because crack is whack and so is Always Sunny. I don't think the show is over-rated, but I do think there are several people who post in this thread that hype it up to be more than it is: a mediocre show with only one funny guy (Charlie). I feel the same way about Arrested Development. When watching it, I could definitely see how people would like it, but it just wasn't for me.

I do admit, LOST was great for the first couple of seasons and then it got lost within itself. When comparing it to other shows of the decade, however, there were several that I couldn't stop watching (if I had them on DVD) or couldn't wait for them to come on (The Sopranos). LOST was good for what it was but it's steady decline really killed it for me, same was Weeds. Entourage is comparable in that the later seasons weren't as good as the first couple but those first two were brilliant.

Lost didn't have a steady decline. It had a couple of short lasting slumps (beginning of season 2 and the first half of season 3), but since the second half of season 3 started, the show hasn't stopped to get better and better IMO. Last season was absolutely amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information