Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    Even if that is true it is no different than Battlestar Galactica. Every single unanswered mystery was explained with the "God did it" cop-out. It was beyond weak.
    Yes but BSG needed to have an ending, it was just as long as it needed to be. Wasnt the best ending ever, though I loved the final scene with the 'Angels'. The difference is the quality that BSG maintained throughout its seasons, unlike Lost.

Comment

• Lost has been just as consistent sir. *both shows have been 1 and 2 for me for the past five years*

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        Lost has been just as consistent sir. *both shows have been 1 and 2 for me for the past five years*
        A lot of people would disagree about Lost's consistency, scroll up for examples.

Comment

• I'd say Lost has had some trouble starting the seasons on the right way, especially in seasons 2 and 3, but the show has been consistently phenomenal in the second half (at least) of all of its seasons, and even better in each of the finales. The creators seem to know how to finish, which is why I'm not too worried about them answering enough questions to satisfy fans.

Comment

• BSG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>LOST. As far as everything is concerned. Acting, effects, dialogue, character development...The only characters on LOST who consistently impress are Desmond, Ben, and Sawyer (and even he gets tiresome). Charlie was excellent before his demise as well, but alot of the other performances are very wooden and quite frankly, annoying. That nerdy little scientist in season 4/5 pissed me right the hell off.

Ive seen both of the entire series (BSG twice) and while I like LOST, BSG, including the miniseries, is better.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• You are so wrong about Daniel Faraday it is criminal.

Comment

• Something about the way he talked just annoying the living hell out of me. And Im sorry, but I hate the time travel ****. Its been done to death, and Im upset that they took it in that direction. Im curious to see how it ends, but I think after the very well done first 2 seasons, they could of done so many great things with the show instead of turning it into some sort of amalgamation of sci-fi plotlines. Come on, they are better then that.
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Also, Californication this week was magnificent. Next season should be amazing as well.

Comment

• Davies was the best actor this year for Lost so go to hell APS.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Lost had sort of a hazy area somewhere in the 2nd/3rd seasons that was directly related to the fact that they didn't know how much time they had. Once the order came down that they were done after 6, well, enough said.

I agree on criminalizing dislike of Farraday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Davies was the best actor this year for Lost so go to hell APS.
                        Now that just might be a little too much. O'quinn in The life and death of Jeremy Bentham, and mainly the suicide scene, was godlike, while Michael Emerson still has been Michael Emerson all season long.
                        Last edited by Job; 12-14-2009, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Lost needs more Desmond. That is all.

Comment

• And more Ben.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
                              Now that just might be a little too much. O'quinn in The life and death of Jeremy Bentham, and mainly the suicide scene, was godlike, while Michael Emerson still has been Michael Emerson all season long.
                              I think Davies was the most consistent and was pretty much the best part of the season.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                I think Davies was the most consistent and was pretty much the best part of the season.
                                This was still Emerson for me, but I do agree Davies was amazing all season long. I'll miss him if he's not back. :(

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information