Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
    Woah Monday nights. How on Earth am I supposed to choose between How I Met Your Mother, House, and Chuck tonight? It doesn't help that TLC is throwing a brand new Little People Big World and Cake Boss at me either... =\
    Watch Chuck and tiVo HIMYM. :p
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• As far as I'm concerned, there is no choice. Chuck > *.

And I did see that Routh/Kreuk were going to be guest stars but I guess I'm hoping for some resolution of this storyline before the season is over. It's about time they got together, and yes, that chemistry and the hope of them finally getting together is a major reason I watch the show.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
        Starts on the 27th.
        Burn Notice starts on the 21st. Psych is the show coming back on the 27th. :)

Comment

• So who caught the Full Metal Jacket homage at the end of the 1st new Chuck episode? Was pretty dandy.

Comment

• Did you watch Dollhouse yet Douchenut?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Is anyone else going to catch Archer on FX come Thursday? I'm looking forward to it, they had a preview episode (something to that effect) back in fall and it was pretty great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
                Is anyone else going to catch Archer on FX come Thursday? I'm looking forward to it, they had a preview episode (something to that effect) back in fall and it was pretty great.
                I'm going to watch it. It looks to be pretty damn funny.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

• Archer seems pretty funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                    Watch Chuck and tiVo HIMYM. :p
                    It's a win-win situation. I read that Chuck's dad Scott Bakula will be back this season as well. That's awesome, especially because his new show Men of a Certain Age with Ray Romano has been really solid on TNT.

Oh snap, that's on tonight too! Atleast it replays on TNT a couple hours later, so it all works out.

Comment

• So I just watched the last few episodes of Chuck from last season and then the first 2 from last night. First off, I don't understand how more people don't like it. Sure, it's not a great comedy, but it's still funny. Combine that with some (not really great) action plus many scenes like the one with Sarah and Carina getting dressed for the party, I mean damn. Plus, they have a scene like that with Sarah in pretty much every episode, I don't get it.

Also, I'm glad they decided to handle the jumping of the shark (Chuck + Sarah at the hotel last season) well. The show would go to hell if they actually started "going out".

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                        So I just watched the last few episodes of Chuck from last season and then the first 2 from last night. First off, I don't understand how more people don't like it. Sure, it's not a great comedy, but it's still funny. Combine that with some (not really great) action plus many scenes like the one with Sarah and Carina getting dressed for the party, I mean damn. Plus, they have a scene like that with Sarah in pretty much every episode, I don't get it.

Also, I'm glad they decided to handle the jumping of the shark (Chuck + Sarah at the hotel last season) well. The show would go to hell if they actually started "going out".
                        I don't get why it isn't bigger either. I suppose you could attribute it to the fact that it goes up against some tough competition (HIMYM and House to name a few) and anything that goes up against either of those is probably going to be hurt in the ratings.

As for the Chuck and Sarah thing, I like it but it's beginning to be too much. They need to either get them together or move on from that. This will they or won't they thing is fine, as long as it doesn't dominate every episode. I for one am pulling for them to get together finally and have it be real instead of the stuff we've seen so far.

We'll see how this season plays out on that front I guess.

Comment

• That wasn't a jump the shark moment. Jumping the shark would be keeping this "will they, won't they" thing going forever.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            That wasn't a jump the shark moment. Jumping the shark would be keeping this "will they, won't they" thing going forever.
                            I think by the end of the season there will be a definitive answer to this, regardless of if it's picked up for another season. The fans are getting a bit restless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              That wasn't a jump the shark moment. Jumping the shark would be keeping this "will they, won't they" thing going forever.
                              Jumping the shark is when the show gets so weak that they do something dumb that pretty much ruins the show. It isn't exactly a jumping the shark, but I use that reference for any show that has the tension filled relationship that is never acted on. Once it happens, the show sucks. Take The Office, for example.

If Chuck and Sarah started going out, the show would be dumb because either they would have to stay together forever or if they break up Sarah would have to leave because the relationship that is integral to the storyline would never be the same and thus ruin part of the show. By that once scene where it shows they have feeling for eachother, but by breaking it off quickly, they still have that close relationship where they both want it, Chuck more openly, but can't act on it. Thus, the storyline maintains it's strength.

http://www.tvguide.com/keywords/jts-they-did-it

Basically that. TV shows succeed on the prolonging of the awkward, tension filled relationships. Once they end the suspense, people don't care anymore.
                              Last edited by iowatreat54; 01-11-2010, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• The Office has still maintained a large audience, even after the Jim and Pam thing ended with them getting together.

And there is a lot more to Chuck than just the Chuck and Sarah dynamic. The action is still great, as is the writing, and the comedy and 80s references are still amazing.

If they don't use the Chuck/Sarah thing to dominate every episode I think it could work out fine. Zach and Yvonne have such great chemistry that it'd be a waste not to use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information