Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
    I feel bad for Conan, but I'm glad he did this. It was a classy move and I'll support him if he decides to change networks in order to continue his show.
    Team Conan. He was given the Tonight Show and to push him back to 12:05, still behind Leno, is a flat out slap in the face. He always comes across as the "nice guy", but damnit it's about time he stands up for himself...Especially in his monologue last night.

    Leno has been at NBC for a long time, but he's not funny anymore. He's just not. Fallon has a way to go, but bump Leno into retirement and let the Conan-Jimmy Fallon era proceed.

    If NBC won't budge I hope to God he moves to Fox and kicks the **** out of them at the time slot. Once Letterman's pathetic sexual affair dies down and people get sick of his sarcastic approach to EVERYTHING, Conando will rule.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
      Leno has been at NBC for a long time, but he's not funny anymore. He's just not. Fallon has a way to go, but bump Leno into retirement and let the Conan-Jimmy Fallon era proceed.
      Not funny anymore? He was never funny. He kicked out Johnny Carson and now because his show bombed, he's kicking out Conan.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
        Once Letterman's pathetic sexual affair dies down and people get sick of his sarcastic approach to EVERYTHING, Conando will rule.
        I think Letterman is funny. I loved being able to watch Letterman, then follow with Conan.

        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Brent View Post
          I think Letterman is funny. I loved being able to watch Letterman, then follow with Conan.
          It would be uncalled for to **** over Ferguson like that as he is very much a funny guy. And Dave was ****** over by Leno too so I'm sure he'd have sympathy for Conan.


          RIP TheManInBlack

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            It would be uncalled for to **** over Ferguson like that as he is very much a funny guy. And Dave was ****** over by Leno too so I'm sure he'd have sympathy for Conan.
            Can you imagine a ******* perfect world where Conan is on Late Night and Letterman does the Tonight Show? I can.

            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

            Comment


            • I really do wonder what he'll do if all these talk show ideas fall through. He should consider writing, perhaps create his own sitcom or something, or even go back to SNL. haha.

              Thanks BoneKrusher^

              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Brent View Post
                Can you imagine a ******* perfect world where Conan is on Late Night and Letterman does the Tonight Show? I can.
                A perfect world would be Leno being eaten by dogs.


                RIP TheManInBlack

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  A perfect world would be Leno being eaten by angry chimpanzees in suits.
                  that would be far better and more hilarious

                  Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                  Comment


                  • Just saw the monologue from last night. Coco is gangsta.

                    Comment


                    • Rock the Avy!

                      Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

                      Comment


                      • I know TMZ is somewhat of a shady website at times, but they are actually more "on" than most would admit...They are reporting Conan is leaving NBC and Leno will get the Tonight Show back.

                        Whether true or not, I just want to know what NBC thinks they have with Leno. Is it a comfort level thing? I think we ALL agree he's not even remotely funny anymore...or ever.

                        http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/12/the-to...levision-deal/

                        Comment


                        • It wouldn't surprise me. NBC has made so many bad decisions lately that it's almost embarrassing. There is a reason they're constantly fourth in the grand scheme of things. Even shows like The Office, Community and Chuck can't save them. They need a massive overhaul at this point because their scripted shows are doing horribly, with the exception of the ones I listed.

                          Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                          Comment


                          • Leno has that middle aged and elderly demographic going for him. He'll always best Conan's ratings, no matter how unfunny he is.

                            NBC is screwed regardless of what they do. They're a sinking ship, they'll go under sooner or later.

                            Thanks BoneKrusher^

                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by vidae View Post
                              It wouldn't surprise me. NBC has made so many bad decisions lately that it's almost embarrassing. There is a reason they're constantly fourth in the grand scheme of things. Even shows like The Office, Community and Chuck can't save them. They need a massive overhaul at this point because their scripted shows are doing horribly, with the exception of the ones I listed.
                              They should have handed Heroes to Bryan Fuller when they had the chance. And you forgot 30 Rock and Parks & Recreation but I'll let you slide because I'm a nice guy.


                              RIP TheManInBlack

                              Comment


                              • Conan's opening monologues are just awesome these days.


                                RIP TheManInBlack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information