Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    Square Pegs? It was realistic, lasted more than one season I think.

They can't do realistic HS on a primetime series, the censors won't let them deal with the sex & drugs in any kind of real way. It always becomes a bunch a stereotypes, & that applies largely to FNL too, which just ran out of juice. I define juice here as the exciting stuff, HS FB game sequences, teachers have affairs with underage students, etc.
    That's just crap. Friday Night Lights was amazing in Season 3 and Season 4 has been great as well, so these thoughts are just flat out wrong. I don't care if it's an opinion, it hasn't come close to running out of steam.

Don't even get me started on you APS.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Just got done with season 1 of Psych so win, going to try to rent season 2 today.

Last edited by Splat; 01-15-2010, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Forgot to watch Archer. It would've fit in well with my antics last night

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• I personally can't wait for Weeds to get start back up.
          Shane just killed a ho...
          GO RAVENS

Comment

• You know the movie Brian's Song? Yeah well that's pretty much what happened...I helped a friend with cancer.

Comment

• Archer still isn't capped and online yet, Im getting very antsy waiting for it.

Comment

• Come on you guys, Michael Scott is hilarious. He's supposed to be annoying and even when he is that doesn't take away from the funny.

"I'm not superstitious...but I am a little stitious."

Solid. Gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                  Archer still isn't capped and online yet, Im getting very antsy waiting for it.
                  You and me both.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

• I totally forgot Archer was on Thursday so I missed it. :(

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• I anyone wants to see Kimmel own Leno you have to watch this clip.

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=t...9-a0ac54be3f31

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post

You know the movie Brian's Song? Yeah well that's pretty much what happened...I helped a friend with cancer.
                        Classic misdirection.

Comment

• I'm not a fan of Leno or Conan, but if people want to laugh they should look at Conan's ratings ever since he took over The Tonight Show. No wonder NBC wants to replace him.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                            I'm not a fan of Leno or Conan, but if people want to laugh they should look at Conan's ratings ever since he took over The Tonight Show. No wonder NBC wants to replace him.
                            Ugh, see this is why I'm am completely on Team Conan. Jay Leno had his run and NBC agreed to give Conan the Tonight Show slot.... Leno could have stepped aside and given Conan his chance.

He:
                            Signed a new contract to host his new show at 10PM, resulting in
                            -Taking Conan's lead in/ratings
                            -Tiring many TV watchers from night-talk shows before they really even starting...taking viewers from Conan
                            -Took many of the top LA celebrity guests, while Lettermen was getting many top NY guests...in escense stealing people who might appear on Conan and so Conan gets 2nd tier often
                            -Set Conan up for failure

And you say alright, the man has a right to work...But, his contract was for the Jay Leno Show at 10PM, and he got fired from that. SO he not only (reportedly) signed a NEW contract to take BACK the Tonight Show from Conan, but sealed Conan's fate in doing so. He could have for once been the good guy and stepped aside giving Conan OBrien his chance....

Not once did Conan publicly criticize NBC or Leno for putting the inevitable-failure show Leno at 10PM and undercutting him from the beginning, but only backed him from the beginning. There's a reason Letterman and Kimmel and many others are bashing Leno, because they don't like what he's doing.

Blah blah blah, if nothing else, you guys NEEEEED to read "I'm Dying Up Here" -- It's a book about the Comiedy Strike of 1979 --http://www.amazon.com/Im-Dying-Up-He.../dp/158648317X and hints in a part that a lot of comics INCLUDING Letterman believed Leno was feeding inside info on the strikers to the other side...It's a fascinating book and look into the lives of the rising comics in the '80's

Bill Simmons - ESPN's Sport's Guy just did a Podcast and discussed the Leno/Letterman/Kimmel/Conan situation AND even mentions this book. Definitely worth checking out, because he has inside info being a former writer for Kimmel's show*
                            Last edited by Whistler6; 01-15-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                              Ugh, see this is why I'm am completely on Team Conan. Jay Leno had his run and NBC agreed to give Conan the Tonight Show slot.... Leno could have stepped aside and given Conan his chance.

He:
                              Signed a new contract to host his new show at 10PM, resulting in
                              -Taking Conan's lead in/ratings
                              -Tiring many TV watchers from night-talk shows before they really even starting...taking viewers from Conan
                              -Took many of the top LA celebrity guests, while Lettermen was getting many top NY guests...in escense stealing people who might appear on Conan and so Conan gets 2nd tier often
                              -Set Conan up for failure

And you say alright, the man has a right to work...But, his contract was for the Jay Leno Show at 10PM, and he got fired from that. SO he not only (reportedly) signed a NEW contract to take BACK the Tonight Show from Conan, but sealed Conan's fate in doing so. He could have for once been the good guy and stepped aside giving Conan OBrien his chance....

Not once did Conan publicly criticize NBC or Leno for putting the inevitable-failure show Leno at 10PM and undercutting him from the beginning, but only backed him from the beginning. There's a reason Letterman and Kimmel and many others are bashing Leno, because they don't like what he's doing.

Blah blah blah, if nothing else, you guys NEEEEED to read "I'm Dying Up Here" -- It's a book about the Comiedy Strike of 1979 --http://www.amazon.com/Im-Dying-Up-He.../dp/158648317X and hints in a part that a lot of comics INCLUDING Letterman believed Leno was feeding inside info on the strikers to the other side...It's a fascinating book and look into the lives of the rising comics in the '80's

Bill Simmons - ESPN's Sport's Guy just did a Podcast and discussed the Leno/Letterman/Kimmel/Conan situation AND even mentions this book. Definitely worth checking out, because he has inside info being a former writer for Kimmel's show*
                              I have that podcast downloaded and haven't listened to it yet and that book is on my "To Read" list. Right now, I'm on Team Conan just because I've been a fan of his for so long. He wasn't given enough time to get his show off the ground before NBC decided to change hosts.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                                I anyone wants to see Kimmel own Leno you have to watch this clip.

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=t...9-a0ac54be3f31
                                Awesome Kimmel basically destroys him. Gervais was excellent on Conan as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information