No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The internet doesnt want me to see Archer.

Comment

• Maybe you should ******* watch Dollhouse you hack.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/15/bu...er=rss&emc=rss

NBC chairman Dick Ebersol says Conan O'Brien has nobody to blame but himself for getting the boot from The Tonight Show and called Conan and David Letterman's decision to take shots at Jay Leno "chicken-hearted and gutless" since neither can beat Leno in the ratings.

Ebersol went on to say that "what this is really all about is an astounding failure by Conan," says Conan refused to take advice on how to increase his ratings. Ebersol met with Conan three weeks before the changes were announced, urging Conan to adopt changes that both Johnny Carson and Jay Leno had adopted to increase ratings in central time zones like Chicago and Des Moines.

"I like Conan enormously personally," Mr. Ebersol said. "He was just stubborn about not being willing to broaden the appeal of his show." He added that NBC "bet on the wrong guy."

Comment

• As soon as Jay Leno became interesting because of this whole mind-****, people are watching TV at 10PM again...Guess what, having an actual "lead in" has led to Conan's ratings increasing by 70% over the past week.

Ebersol is wrong. He's backing his company NBC, but just flat out wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
            As soon as Jay Leno became interesting because of this whole mind-****, people are watching TV at 10PM again...Guess what, having an actual "lead in" has led to Conan's ratings increasing by 70% over the past week.

Ebersol is wrong. He's back his company, but just flat out wrong.
            As much as I love to back Conan in this whole ordeal, I think a good chunk of Conan's ratings increase comes from people who just want to see what he's going to do. I'm admittedly one of those people, and I just think that the public manner in which this has been held makes his show that much more appealing. Plus, an about to be fired Conan is much edgier and funnier than his safe-mode version.

On another note, Archer was good. Definitely good enough to keep me watching.
            Last edited by Twiddler; 01-15-2010, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• 3 Jets just did a quick Thank You Card bit for Jimmy Fallon -- Cotchery, Kerry Rhodes, and #25 not sure who that is...When Fallon welcomed them from Jets stadium, one of the guys said, "Thanks to Jimmy KIMMEL for having us..."

Pretty sure it was a complete accident, but really?!

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                Saw, and LOVED the pilot to that show. Havent followed up on it since, though. Been too busy watching 17 movies a day :/

But ill be real excited to catch up.
                It was a very good premiere for a series. It was well done and Matthew Bomer is awesome.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                  "He was just stubborn about not being willing to broaden the appeal of his show." He added that NBC "bet on the wrong guy."
                  So, because he wasnt willing to dumb his show down to Leno's level, he is getting cut? Way to go NBC, tell a guy he doesnt have to change his show, and then change your mind when that backfires.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Ebersol and Zucker can both go suck a fat ****.

Comment

• This is awesome. It's a random The Big Bang Theory scene without the stupid laugh track included. Instead of being told when to laugh, you get to decide what's funny and what's not...Kind of like The Office.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_iEY9pSHT0

Comment

• Just another reason I'm rooting hard for Conan:

Conan Has Been "Worried About Staff Since Day 1" -- http://www.tvguide.com/News/Rep-Cona...d-1013763.aspx

Comment

• I hate a laugh track on any show.

Comment

• Watched the first season of Chuck today. I liked it, but it certainly isnt one of the best shows on TV. Little too formulaic for me, I mean...how many people can try and blow up LA at a time? Im definitely glad I watched it, but besides Strahovski being a bustier version of Olivia Wilde, I fail to see whats so mindblowingly awesome about it. I will admit its entertaining, but there are a plurality of shows I enjoy more at this point. Am looking forward to season 2 though.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                              3 Jets just did a quick Thank You Card bit for Jimmy Fallon -- Cotchery, Kerry Rhodes, and #25 not sure who that is...When Fallon welcomed them from Jets stadium, one of the guys said, "Thanks to Jimmy KIMMEL for having us..."

Pretty sure it was a complete accident, but really?!
                              Unsure of exactly what you're saying, and whether you're being sarcastic or not, but #25 is Kerry Rhodes.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                Watched the first season of Chuck today. I liked it, but it certainly isnt one of the best shows on TV. Little too formulaic for me, I mean...how many people can try and blow up LA at a time? Im definitely glad I watched it, but besides Strahovski being a bustier version of Olivia Wilde, I fail to see whats so mindblowingly awesome about it. I will admit its entertaining, but there are a plurality of shows I enjoy more at this point. Am looking forward to season 2 though.
                                We've talked about this before, but Chuck is just.. fun. It might not be the best show on TV, but every time I watch it I come away enjoying myself. It's a fun show to watch with great writing and even better comedy, and then you can add in some pretty solid to very good action scenes.

It's just a FUN fun show.

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information