Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    I'm predicting it now but tonight's Psych episode will be the best of the season up to this date. It has endless possibillities.
    I'll go one farther and day tonight is the biggest ratings getter's of Psych's run as a series. Maybe not the best, but there is absolutely NOTHING better on television to watch tonight besides Psych.

    Of course that's always the case Wednesday nights at 9, but there are 0 excuses for people to miss Psych tonight. Hopefully the meander on over to USA and this show starts to expand a bit more like it deserves to.

    Comment


    • Hopefully the promos that run during the Olympics have rubbed off on people. Where does Psych rank for cable TV? Are they one of the higher rated cable TV shows?
      #Chop


      sig by BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • I skipped Spanish to finish up a big 5-7 page paper I have due tomorrow morning.

        30 minutes in to what was supposed to be me editing and revising has turned into my 2nd episode of Full House on ABC Family, browsing the internet, and somewhere around my 20th game of minesweeper. Damn you TV and SWDC.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          Hopefully the promos that run during the Olympics have rubbed off on people. Where does Psych rank for cable TV? Are they one of the higher rated cable TV shows?
          USA Network grabs top cable ratings

          After rebounding from an off week, USA's "Psych" dropped again, drawing 2.94 million viewers in its Wednesday 10 p.m. slot, a tumble of 18% from the 3.57 million viewers the show served up on February 10. Seven days before that, "Psych" suffered its first major decline of the season, drawing 2.89 million viewers. USA's third winter original, "White Collar," was on hiatus last week.

          After winning the previous week with its NBA All-Star Weekend coverage, TNT eased to second place with an average nightly draw of 1.97 million viewers. The Turner network took second among adults 25-54 (969,000) and third among the 18-49 set (925,000).TNT posted its best numbers with Thursday night's Celtics-Lakers telecast (2.86 million) and the season finale of "Leverage" (2.85 million). The Timothy Hutton crime caper squares off with USA's "Psych" in the Wednesday 10 p.m. slot and returns for its third season this summer.
          http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100223/tv_nm/us_cable_1

          I never would have expected ratings to drop, since you would think once people tune in they'd get hooked (like me). But those still aren't shabby numbers for a cable show.

          Comment


          • Well as long as USA never thinks about taking it off the air I'm happy. That day will make me a sad man though.
            #Chop


            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
              I'll go one farther and day tonight is the biggest ratings getter's of Psych's run as a series. Maybe not the best, but there is absolutely NOTHING better on television to watch tonight besides Psych.
              Canada VS Russia, Finland VS Czech Republic or Sweden VS Slovakia, depending on your time zone.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Job View Post
                Canada VS Russia, Finland VS Czech Republic or Sweden VS Slovakia, depending on your time zone.
                In my opinion, still far behind Psych. Maybe the Canada game, but USA is playing now and I'll check out after that until they are scheduled again. It's USA homerism I know, but I can't help that. Psych draws me in much more than any of those 3 hockey games.

                Living in Wisconsin it's damn near impossible to became a true fan of any hockey team. I wasn't born into the world of a team they way I was with Green Bay. The team to the West has only been around for a few years and the Red Wing's to the East are on the other side of a massive lake. Blackhawks? Sure, but like I said it's almost impossible to just suddenly become a fan of a league that has never existed within 4 hours of me.
                Last edited by Whistler6; 02-24-2010, 03:14 PM.

                Comment


                • He lives! Conan has just created a Twitter account -- http://twitter.com/ConanOBrien

                  Bio: I had a show. Then I had a different show. Now I have a Twitter account.

                  His 1st post: Today I interviewed a squirrel in my backyard and then threw to commercial. Somebody help me.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100223/tv_nm/us_cable_1

                    I never would have expected ratings to drop, since you would think once people tune in they'd get hooked (like me). But those still aren't shabby numbers for a cable show.
                    We need more Psych-O's.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Splat View Post
                      We need more Psych-O's.
                      In time. They will eventually wise up and see Psych's excellence. I love Shaun, but does he not seem like the kid on the playground who'd get pissed off and say, "I'm taking my ball and going home"?

                      Good stuff tonight, I loved how they could have reference ANY hot female musician and decided to go with less-than-A-lister Carly Simon. Haha. It was just a quick line about Shaun cleaning naked with Simon blasting in the background, but the quick dialogue is what makes this show what it is.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                        He lives! Conan has just created a Twitter account -- http://twitter.com/ConanOBrien

                        Bio: I had a show. Then I had a different show. Now I have a Twitter account.

                        His 1st post: Today I interviewed a squirrel in my backyard and then threw to commercial. Somebody help me.
                        Thanks for the heads-up.

                        by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                        Comment


                        • Anybody ever watch WW2II in HD on History Channel?
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Good episode of Psych.. but not the best ever. :)

                            Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by vidae View Post
                              Good episode of Psych.. but not the best ever. :)
                              Best of the season?
                              #Chop


                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                Best of the season?
                                Ehhh, not for me. I think the episode last week with Judd Nelson was the best of the season so far, but that might just be me.

                                Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information