Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djp View Post
    I'm looking for a new show.. I see lots of talk about Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Burn Notice.. which would you recommend of these 3? My favorite shows are The Wire, Dexter, The Office, Eastbound & Down, Freaks and Geeks for reference.
    Psych......

Comment

• Out of those I would choose Breaking Bad, because Bryan Cranston is an acting god.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
        I'm looking for a new show.. I see lots of talk about Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Burn Notice.. which would you recommend of these 3? My favorite shows are The Wire, Dexter, The Office, Eastbound & Down, Freaks and Geeks for reference.
        Don't miss out on Mad Men.

Comment

• Breaking Bad is the superior AMC show! (and about 20x better than Psych...)

Comment

• You can't really go wrong with Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Psych or Burn Notice. All fantastic shows.

Personally, I'd recommend Psych. It's one of my favorite shows and always good for laughs every episode, but only if you want to see a comedy.

Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
            (and about 20x better than Psych...)
            WOW, I thought we were best friends but I don't even KNOW YOU ANYMORE.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Perfect timing . . .

For a post about Breaking Bad.

AMC is, once again, running a full marathon prior to the start of Season 3 on March 21st. It looks like 2 episodes per night for about 10 days starting with the Pilot on March 10. Trust me, if you watch the Pilot you will be hooked. And I'm not talking about being hooked once the episode is over and you've had time to contemplate and reflect on all you have seen. I'm talking about an intense opening that hooks you quick.

It is in the middle of the damn night for some reason, unless the site is running on PST or some bull****. So fire up the DVR and watch it at your leisure, sans commercials.

Here's the full schedule ---> AMC site

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Great find. I will definitely be watching all of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                  Great find. I will definitely be watching all of them.
                  Yeah, I may actually re-watch some of them. This is the first show since the early seasons of X-Files that actually makes me sad when the season ends and excited when the new one starts.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• OH MY ****ING GOD!. Samberg and Parnell are doing Lazy Sunday on Jimmy Fallon right now. So fricken awesome.

Comment

• Thanks for the heads-up FlyingElvis. I've never seen Season 1, so I think I'll check it out.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                        Perfect timing . . .

For a post about Breaking Bad.

AMC is, once again, running a full marathon prior to the start of Season 3 on March 21st. It looks like 2 episodes per night for about 10 days starting with the Pilot on March 10. Trust me, if you watch the Pilot you will be hooked. And I'm not talking about being hooked once the episode is over and you've had time to contemplate and reflect on all you have seen. I'm talking about an intense opening that hooks you quick.

It is in the middle of the damn night for some reason, unless the site is running on PST or some bull****. So fire up the DVR and watch it at your leisure, sans commercials.

Here's the full schedule ---> AMC site
                        It's so damn addictive...Bryan Cranston as a meth dealer with his akward partner and former student Jessie are a team stocked full of unintentional comedy. I have never been more hooked on a show than Breaking Bad.

Who knew meth dealing, murder, lying, and stealing could be so incredibly satisfying. Intense and dark, and always keeps me on edge. Even my 52 year old 4th grade teacher mom can't peel her eyes off the screen when Breaking Bad hits the screen. It must be good for that to be the case.

It's never too late to pound out the 1st two seasons and get caught up before the premiere. I strongly suggest all who are interested in great television to take a look.

Comment

• The ending of "Over" in season 2 was some of the best writing I've ever seen.

Anyways, I'm super stoked beyond all repair for two Sundays from now

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Good season finale to White Collar, I guess. I have mixed feelings about it.

All new Psych tonight! Season finale though. :( :(

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                              All new Psych tonight! Season finale though. :( :(

Comment

• http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...erttv&nid=2854

24 could be done for good. I would be thrilled if it was true. Without DVR or TIVO, I have gained tons of fat.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information