Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
    I don't remember but that's a good point.

These season finales are getting really.. dark. They're fantastic episodes, but I feel it takes away from what makes the show really great.
    I would like the show a lot better if it was that dark regularly and mixed in the comedy within it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      I would like the show a lot better if it was that dark regularly and mixed in the comedy within it.
      I wouldnt like it nearly as much.
      The very seldom dark episode works well but if they did too many, I think it would be too dark for what the show was designed to be

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        I can't say I agree with you here. I prefer the light-hearted comedy occasionally mixed with some serious drama.

If I wanted to watch something "darker" with comedy mixed in, I'd watch The Mentalist. I watch Psych because I want the comedy with the darker stuff mixed in.
        Last edited by vidae; 03-11-2010, 01:35 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• The Mentalist isn't all that dark. I'm taking about a Whedon-esque sort of dark/comedy thing.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I would change nothing about Psych.

Comment

• A little note about the finale after rewatching:

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                A little note about the finale after rewatching:

Comment

• I know it kinda does but watching it closer, and pausing it on the picture, it really doesnt.

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

• Can someone spoil the hell out of Psych for me? I have been tuning in and out for years but missed most of this year and the finale obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      Can someone spoil the hell out of Psych for me? I have been tuning in and out for years but missed most of this year and the finale obviously.

Nutshelled. But I would still highly recommend watching it. One of the best episodes.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

• Thank you, will definitely find some time for it at some point.

Comment

• Really worth it.
                          The way it is done as a Hitchcock homage is really cool.
                          Roday did a great job directing.
                          And I really think this episode does a great job advancing characters.

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

• I like how Psych sticks to the light comedy, but I also enjoy seeing Shaun forced into a more dramatic role. Jules' life being in danger bring out how he really feels about her.

How long are they going to keep stringing that along before they actually get together? I'm on the fence whether I want them to hook up or not, but it's an interesting dynamic. Stick to the goofyness that makes Psych what it is, but I would welcome some darker episodes like the finale.

I already miss Shaun and Gus. I think I'm going to have to watch certain parts of Holes and Beerfest over and over to get my Gus and Shaun fix until summer.

Comment

• If Larry David and Ricky Gervais can't save The Marriage Ref tonight, nothing can.

Comment

• I almost wish the season finale wouldnt have been so good and this awkward time without it wouldnt suck so much.

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information