No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This had to have been mentioned in here by now. but I just realized that Mr. Yang in Psych was played by Ally Sheedy. She's the vodka drinking loner from The Breakfast Club.

I feel like I just conquered some kind of impossible puzzle now that I finally realized where I recognized her from...Even though it seems like it should be common knowledge by now. If Mr. Yin turns out to be Molly Ringwald my brain is going to explode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
      This had to have been mentioned in here by now. but I just realized that Mr. Yang in Psych was played by Ally Sheedy. She's the vodka drinking loner from The Breakfast Club.

I feel like I just conquered some kind of impossible puzzle now that I finally realized where I recognized her from...Even though it seems like it should be common knowledge by now. If Mr. Yin turns out to be Molly Ringwald my brain is going to explode.
      James Roday and Producer Andy Berman said that Yin will most likely be another 80's star.

They had a picture in People of a bunch of John Hughes' crew together and it made me think I need to rewatch these movies looking for Yin.

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

I've been there since season 1, and I refuse to bail on Bill Lawrence until it ends. The "narrator" voice is a new girl character. Dr. Cox and Turk are still regulars with Kelso checking in and out most weeks. Lawrence has been adament that this isn't supposed to be a continuation of the old Scrubs, but an entirely different show altogether.

Of course it's nothing like the original and maybe has run it's course, but that's enough to keep me hanging around. I'm not even sure when it airs (Wednesdays now?), but I keep up on Hulu.
        They retained the basic structure & themes of the original Scrubs, but it just wasn't scrubs without Braff, Sarah Chalke or the Janitor.....

Comment

• Started watching Fringe, and I enjoyed the pilot. Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the second episode though.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            Started watching Fringe, and I enjoyed the pilot. Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the second episode though.
            Fringe caught my attention early then my interest just really faded fast and havent watched since the 3rd episode.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

Started watching Fringe, and I enjoyed the pilot. Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the second episode though.
              I finished the first season, and Im in no hurry to watch the 2nd. It was entertaining, just not super engaging. Ill watch the 2nd season eventually, but right now Ive got more important things to watch.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

This had to have been mentioned in here by now. but I just realized that Mr. Yang in Psych was played by Ally Sheedy. She's the vodka drinking loner from The Breakfast Club.
                I realized that with in five seconds that said I have seen The Breakfast Club about a million times...

Last edited by Splat; 03-15-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                  I realized that with in five seconds that said I have seen The Breakfast Club about a million times...

I love John Hughes movies. Breakfast Club and FB have to be in my top 15 movies.

That said, the Psych writers are already working on Season 5!

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

• Guys, he's been right in front of your/their faces

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Fringe is very X-Filesey in a Fox Network (low budget) sort of way, the same paranoid FBI atmosphere, same ultradramatic scripts but without the performances. I guess that's why they needed the cameos from veterans Leonard Nimoy & Blair Brown. It has some exceptional standalone episodes but their seasonal plotline peters out toward the end of the 1st season. Writing & acting seems better so far in the 2nd. It gathered such a huge following though & they thought enough of it that Fox moved it to Mondays at 8 opposite House, the numero uno primetime drama.

Comment

• Justified starts tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              Justified starts tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it.
                              Yes.

Will be checking it out.

Comment

• Happy Town's previews look interesting. Thoughts on it?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information