No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justified was great. I was hoping there'd be a second episode on right after the pilot, but was let down...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Well you do hit me in that other semi-metaphorical meaning.

Comment

• Q: Why would any of us hurt the one we promised to love and cherish?

Lack of empathy is at the core of the problem. I was struck with what we are all up against while watching a Star Trek episode. Spock had volunteered to be possessed by an alien presence so that it could communicate with Captain Kirk of the Starship Enterprise.

As soon as it entered Spock's body, its first reaction was, "Oh, how lonely you must all feel."

You see, in the alien world, they were all connected to each other through telepathy so that each one could feel what everyone else felt. They were all emotionally bonded to each other. But as soon as the alien possessed Spock's body, it realized that we humans are all cut off from each other emotionally. And it viewed our state as incredibly isolated and lonely.

One of the most important consequences of our emotional isolation is that we cannot feel the way we affect others. And that creates the temptation to hurt others because in doing so we don't feel the pain we cause. If we were connected emotionally to others as the aliens were, we would be far less tempted to do anything thoughtless, gaining at someone else's expense. That's because in so doing, we would be hurting ourselves as well.
        http://www.marriagebuilders.com/grap..._lovebust.html
        Last edited by Whistler6; 03-16-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• On a brighter note, Jimmy Kimmel is on Letterman tonight talking about his supposed "sucker punch" towards Jay Leno.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
            Flashforward.
            Worst show ever.

I gave it four weeks of my life that I will never get back...

Comment

• i'm hoping justified has some kinda neo-nazi incest plot. and timothy goes out and just goes ape-**** on everybody and kills half the town. i'm also hoping for some nudity in the next one since its on after 10.
              SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Why is Modern Family a goddamn repeat?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Brod, don't listen to those accusations, you're not the slaphappy pappy they say you are. I see you & Job like Tim Burton's Tweedledee & Tweedledum from Alice, not Cain & Abel.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Job
                  Flashforward.
                  Worst show ever.
                  Is there some linkage between the FF premise (people inexplicably going unconscious) & the Rapture from the Fundamentalists (the anointed people disappearing leaving piles of clothing) ? That kind of struck me in the previews, but other than that Job is dead right, it looks mega-awful & waste of videotape.

As for Peefs comment on season 2 of Burn Notice, yes it kind of bogs down in the plotline arc a bit with a rogue agent playing carrot & donkey with Mike getting his spy job back, & that Michael Irvin guest starring episode was just terrible like anything involving non-athletic performance that Irvin does. But stick with it, it gets really a whole lot better toward the season finale, no spoiler alert but Fiona gets to shoot a boatload of bad people including her rival for Mike's attention, & we get a cameo from Management, Mike does incredible stunts & Sam Axe drinks about 60 gal. of beer & mojitos, good times......

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
                    Justified was great. I was hoping there'd be a second episode on right after the pilot, but was let down...
                    Yeah, I might check Justified out.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Party Down comes back in April!
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        Party Down comes back in April!
                        Too bad they lost whats her face to terrible Glee, but Im still real happy to see it back.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
                          Too bad they lost whats her face to terrible Glee, but Im still real happy to see it back.
                          Stifler's mom is still funny. And the arty chick from mean girls is surprisingly hot. Glad this show is coming back too.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
                            I hope you rot in hell.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                              Stifler's mom is still funny. And the arty chick from mean girls is surprisingly hot. Glad this show is coming back too.
                              mmmm Lizzy Caplan. I wish I had Starz.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                                Stifflers mom isnt coming back either, i forget the chick they got to fill the role those two had.

Oh ya, they got the really loud ultra annoying ***** from Will & Grace..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information