Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    Terrible character in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
    My NFLDC username came from Max Perlich who played Whistler on Buffy for a few episodes back in '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
      My NFLDC username came from Max Perlich who played Whistler on Buffy for a few episodes back in '98.
      You can join our trendy club and I don't just throw those invites around to any one...

:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
        I hoped that was why you were named Whistler.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
          You can join our trendy club and I don't just throw those invites around to any one...

:)
          I justify my fanhood of Nerf Herder by letting everyone know they provide the opening sequence or credits of the show. My loyalty to Joss Whedon has forced me to enjoy Angel and Dollhouse, and I definitely think he deserves the credit for making the demon-monster-end-of-the-world genre more than cheesy "hack."

Drew Goddard and David Fury wrote for Buffy, and you better believe they have moved on to something called Lost. What's that tell you? Hush, The Body, The Gift, Seeing Red, Conversations with Dead People, Grave, and Chosen are some of the best.

I'd go to battle with Willow, Xander, and Giles any day...Wow, now I'm sad. If you haven't seen Whedon's "Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog," it's funny ****.
          Last edited by Whistler6; 03-29-2010, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• For those of you that liked the first four episodes, this is a reminder that V is returning Tuesday the 30th (tonight for most of us) with all new episodes. It hasn't been on for four months, but all the episodes are on hulu and nbc if you want a refresher!

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Running pithy Buffy commentary....

And channeling your inner 15-yr-old HS girl.

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              That is where his character grew up dammit.
              Wesley came back protagonistic b/c Quinn oh-deed on H in Hollywood & Angel didn't have budget to hire a new actor.

And Brod's new avatar with the silent floating evil necroids from one of the Top 10 episodes of BtVS (What's My Line?) were some of the the most evil ever in Buffyverse history, gave me nightmares. In that avatar they look like meth head Max Headrooms though, still disturbing.

The magic addiction episodes were bitchin' -- And not b/c of Rack or the teen addiction trendiness linkage, but the return of the very comely Elizabeth Allen who had returned to human form after being a rat in Willow's room for her sophomore & junior yrs. She was also a highlight of that 1st season when monsters hatched from Bad Eggs, fratboys sacrificed HS dates to lizard gods, vampire massacres in the hallways were explained as "scavenger hunts" & kids turned into hyenas & ate their principal. We got some of that back in the famous Class Protector umbrella award prom speech from Jonathan.

And the early yrs. were festooned with killer babes like Jenny Calendar ("That isn't where I dangle it..."), Elizabeth Allen, Belinda Clarke (also guesting in a Firefly episode) as a Black Widow, & Charisma Carpenter in those eye candy spandex blouses & cheerleader skirts 2 sizes too small getting all the good sexual innuendo one-liners.

I justify my fanhood of Nerf Herder by letting everyone know they provide the opening sequence or credits of the show.
              I justify my Star Wars slur-named Nerf Herder fanboy status by stating for the record that their Buffy Theme is the closest piece of music I have ever heard depicting male orgasm, outside of Beethoven of course. Chk out BtVS: The Album exec. produced with personally selected songs by Whedon, 1999, it has Garbage, the underrated punk rendition of The Devil You Know by punkers Face to Face,Alison Krauss, & the designated early seasons BtVS house band Velvet Chain. If you listen to the Nerfs playing the theme in your vehicle whiel driving you are guaranteed to violate your state's motor vehicle code in many many ways, it's an autonomic nervous system response & you're helpless to resist.

Speaking of which --
              The Prom: Craaaaap
              C'mon, CCSD, you teared up like everybody else when Buffy danced with Angel to the Sundays' Wild Horses. It was only the zenith of the Buffy-Angel relationship.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                And channeling your inner 15-yr-old HS girl.

Wesley came back protagonistic b/c Quinn oh-deed on H in Hollywood & Angel didn't have budget to hire a new actor.
                Naaah Quinn didn't OD until a couple years later, but there were plenty of reports that he was trouble on the set and that's why he was aced. Our gain!

Originally posted by LizardState

The magic addiction episodes were bitchin' -- And not b/c of Rack or the teen addiction trendiness linkage, but the return of the very comely Elizabeth Allen who had returned to human form after being a rat in Willow's room for her sophomore & junior yrs. She was also a highlight of that 1st season when monsters hatched from Bad Eggs, fratboys sacrificed HS dates to lizard gods, vampire massacres in the hallways were explained as "scavenger hunts" & kids turned into hyenas & ate their principal. We got some of that back in the famous Class Protector umbrella award prom speech from Jonathan.
                I would never question Allen's hotness, or the hilarity of her random guest spots post ratness, but come on. At one point she is caught in Buffy's house stealing...motherwort or something. The magic addiction 'metaphor' was the most transparent in the history of the show, it's embarrassing to watch.

I justify my Star Wars slur-named Nerf Herder fanboy status by stating for the record that their Buffy Theme is the closest piece of music I have ever heard depicting male orgasm, outside of Beethoven of course.
                Nerf Herder rocks. I used to play their albums on my radio show. Ultimate collegenerdygrungerock band outside of maybe 'me first and the gimme gimmes.'

C'mon, CCSD, you teared up like everybody else when Buffy danced with Angel to the Sundays' Wild Horses. It was only the zenith of the Buffy-Angel relationship.
                I admit it...but that episode was still crap! Oh no a dog at the prom. The B/A zenith was totally Angel feeding off Buffy at the end of graduation day 1, speaking of transparent metaphors.

Comment

• Wesley is the guy !

Comment

• Didn't Whedon kill Glenn Quinn off because he wanted to show that he'll kill a major guy off even that early?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      Didn't Whedon kill Glenn Quinn off because he wanted to show that he'll kill a major guy off even that early?
                      That's the cover story, the bottom line is he figured out he had hired a junkie.

Fun fact: Doyle was written in the original pilot as Whistler, Angel's kickstarter in the season 2 buffy finale. But they couldn't get Max Perlich back for some reason.

Comment

• I'm not going to lie my eyes watered a few times watching Buffy, I know Willow got me atleast twice.

Comment

• Buffy Bands

Here's that 1999 album encompassing the best of the Buffy bands, including their Whedon-anointed fave Velvet Chain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffy_t...yer:_The_Album

Radio Sunnydale had bigger name bands but nowhere the quality of songs IMO. CCSD will enjoy it that most of the new teen bands introduced in the early season usually onstage at The Bronze were from San Diego, but not VC who are all from LA except for frontwoman singer Erika Amato who's a Jersey transplant & trying to be an anctress now. If you look very closely, their black & yellow 1st album cover (Warm) is a sticker on many of the Sunnydale HS lockers & backpacks.

Also Darling Violetta (whose CD sucked) maybe from SD, chk me on that. I think Whedon handpicked most of them from Sunset Blvd. nightclubs.

Comment

• I don't think Darling Violetta is from SD, although I did see them at a club in Orange County once. But it's true some of the local talent did end up on the Bronze stage.

Comment

• Parenthood is a good show to watch following LOST. You don't have to think too hard, at all.

Comment

• Parenthood isn't a bad show, I just don't think it's a good show. It's meh. I dvr it and watch it later but I'm usually bored halfway through.

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information