No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I dont even need to respond to Brodeur, its been taken care of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
      Community-Parks and Rec-The Office-30 Rock is as good of 2 hours TV as it gets for comedy. Just make sure to switch channels immediately following 30 Rock or you'll lose your dinner.

This season of Survivor has been pretty entertaining. Russel lured me in. Oh and "Kat" from LA Ink is a babe. That's one tattoo-covered girl I would do unspeakable things to.
      Thanks but no thanks on all of those. I don't like any of those shows at all. I gave them a shot, really wanting to like Community and 30 Rock, but their just bad. It's probably just me but most modern television comedies are lame.

Anyway, I'm probably going to give Fringe a shot. And so reading a synopsis of the show Fringe seems like an X-Files ripoff.
      Last edited by diabsoule; 04-09-2010, 11:22 AM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

• Fringe feels like it's about to start gearing up the episodes for a huge finale.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
          Thanks but no thanks on all of those. I don't like any of those shows at all. I gave them a shot, really wanting to like Community and 30 Rock, but their just bad. It's probably just me but most modern television comedies are lame.

Anyway, I'm probably going to give Fringe a shot. And so reading a synopsis of the show Fringe seems like an X-Files ripoff.
          Modern comedies are a ****ton better than past television comedies.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            If you're talking Three's Company and MASH then yes, yes they are. If you're talking Cheers, Frasier and All In The Family then no, no they're not.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Alf is incredibly not funny

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post

Alf is incredibly not funny
                He. eats. cats.

Comment

If you're talking Three's Company and MASH then yes, yes they are. If you're talking Cheers, Frasier and All In The Family then no, no they're not.
                  MASH is awesome. Better than any of those shows you listed there imo. I'm a Cheers and Frasier fan also. Three's Company is okay, there are definitely worse comedies on today.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Outside of Frasier, I would take about 6-10 different comedies airing today over the ones you listed.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

how modern?

Comment

• Maybe its because I didn't grow up with it but I do not like old television shows very much at all. Now I think TV has caught up and great TV is just as awesome to watch as great movies are.

I happen to think there have been a ton of great comedy shows over the past fews years and am not at all a fan of TV comedy shows of old.

Comment

• TV comedy shows of any time period are a hell of a lot better than modern comedy movies, which are all kinds of awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                            Maybe its because I didn't grow up with it but I do not like old television shows very much at all. Now I think TV has caught up and great TV is just as awesome to watch as great movies are.

I happen to think there have been a ton of great comedy shows over the past fews years and am not at all a fan of TV comedy shows of old.

This and MASH are two of my favorite comedies. I'd watch Sanford and Son over almost any currently running comedy.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• The best TV comedy of all time is Arrested Development, AND ITS A MODERN COMEDY. Modern wins.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

The best TV comedy of all time is Arrested Development, AND ITS A MODERN COMEDY. Modern wins.
                                I thought that show was terrible. I would take Seinfeld over that any day of the week.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information