X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
    I don't want Satan to do either of those things. :(

And that is a little harsh just because I don't like a show. :(
    I think it was perfectly reasonable, all things considered. IASIP might come across as dumb, but alot of the writing is actually pretty clever. There is some pretty hilarious wordplay hidden in the dialogue, and I think because the characters themselves are stupid, people kinda assume what they say is stupid when in fact, alot of its actually quite well written. Its much more then stupid people doing stupid things, and some of the pop culture references are just genius.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      I think it was perfectly reasonable, all things considered. IASIP might come across as dumb, but alot of the writing is actually pretty clever. There is some pretty hilarious wordplay hidden in the dialogue, and I think because the characters themselves are stupid, people kinda assume what they say is stupid when in fact, alot of its actually quite well written. Its much more then stupid people doing stupid things, and some of the pop culture references are just genius.
      Its Always Sunny makes me happy because it gives me Arrested Development vibes all the time. As one show gets cancelled another rises to replace it. Both appear stupid but both are insanely clever. For their own reasons both shows rank as my favorite comedies of all time (in any medium).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
        What the ****? Its Always Sunny a dumb show? It is incredible hilarious and of course it is dumb. I actually watch Glee and can enjoy it but there is no way in hell it is any less stupid than Its Always Sunny. I just cannot understand how anybody can dismiss Its Always Sunny as a bad show, it saddens me. So Vidae, continue living your meaningless Its Always Sunny-less existence. For shame. For ******* shame. I unfortunately have to put you on ignore now. May your soul be ravaged and raped by Satan when you die.
        You know I love IASIP but the show at times can be very hit and miss. I'd say a large chunk of the episodes are solid to fantastic, but there are many which are brutal to watch.

Not to say other shows don't suffer from the same thing, but it seems far more noticeable in Sunny because of how laugh out loud it is for the majority of the time.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I like IASIP but you two need to stop pretending it's something groundbreaking like Arrested Development was.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• There is alot of Arrested Development in IASIP, I've gotta agree with that. The brand of humor is extremely similar, although I think Arrested Development was a little more goofy and Always Sunny is a little more left field. They are both in my Top 3 sitcoms of all time, so I love both.
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              I like IASIP but you two need to stop pretending it's something groundbreaking like Arrested Development was.
              I think you need to stop pretending it isn't groundbreaking.

Comment

I like IASIP but you two need to stop pretending it's something groundbreaking like Arrested Development was.
                What exactly was groundbreaking about AD? A bunch of random stuff happens? I like AD but I think its hardcore fans really overrate how 'amazing' it was.

Comment

• APS just said (in IRC) that IASIP is the greatest tv show of all time, and then tried to backtrack and say it is the best comedy of all time.

I don't hate IASIP as much as it seems, I mostly hate on it to piss off APS, but best comedy of all time is SERIOUSLY pushing it.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
                    What exactly was groundbreaking about AD? A bunch of random stuff happens? I like AD but I think its hardcore fans really overrate how 'amazing' it was.
                    If you weren't a fan of Whedon shows, I would probably destroy you.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
                      Hey, screw you guy. Both shows make me laugh on a consistent more than pretty much every other show or movie. To me, that is greatness. I know nobody shares exactly the same opinion as me so I will let it slide but I just love both shows so much. **** the haters. Long live AD and IASIP!!!

Comment

• Im watching season 1 of Buffy! I missed it as a kid because I got into the show at the start of season 2 and there really was no way of catching up on stuff back then.

I also like Always Sunny a lot more AD.

Comment

• I think what AD is much more impressive, to be honest. I think IASIP wouldn't nearly be as funny if they had to dumb it down and take out much of the content for network television.

Although, now that I think of it, that's probably one of the reasons AD didn't last.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                            APS just said (in IRC) that IASIP is the greatest tv show of all time, and then tried to backtrack and say it is the best comedy of all time.

I don't hate IASIP as much as it seems, I mostly hate on it to piss off APS, but best comedy of all time is SERIOUSLY pushing it.
                            I wouldn't say that. If you are going off popular opinion many people would agree with him (of course more people would rank Glee as the better comedy because more people in the world have seen it, THAT would be pushing it). It is tied for my favorite comedy of all time. **** popular opinion though because House of Payne or whatever the **** that Tyler Perry show is would kill bot AD and IASIP in a popular opinion poll. This is why popular opinion is worthless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                              I think what AD is much more impressive, to be honest. I think IASIP wouldn't nearly be as funny if they had to dumb it down and take out much of the content for network television.

Although, now that I think if that's probably one of the reasons AD didn't last.
                              What the **** Forenci? The Wire is not that great because they would have to dumb it down and take out much of the content for network television. **** network TV.

Comment

I like IASIP but you two need to stop pretending it's something groundbreaking like Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job is.
                                For once, I finally agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information