X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
    What is the consensus on True Blood?

Just started watching it.
    It's okay. It has some great characters, like Jason Stackhouse and Lafayette, but I think most of the vampires are pretty bad. Oh ya and Tara is pretty hilarious also. The vampires got better as the show went along though. It's a decent watch.
    Last edited by nrk; 04-16-2010, 04:05 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
      The thing is, none of the players on Heroes vs Villains have seen Russel's game. The show aired as they were taping this season. So they are completely in the dark to this "nobody" Russel...Now he's just picking people off one by one.

Survivor is probably the greates original reality television show ever created, Real World maybe back in the day. I wish they'd find a better way to handle the finale though. Add fan voting maybe(?), because sometimes the Jury completely F's up the vote based on personal likes-dislikes.
      Fan voting would be brute. We'd see losers like Rupert winning, because he has a scruffy beard and talks like a baby.

I guess you have to adapt your strategy to the people around you. If the people your playing with are superficial enough to vote on like/dislike, you should play the game to make them like you. If they're smart players that realize its a game, go nuts with your backstabbing. Because some seasons the jury is smarter and other times they're just bitter. Adapt to your surroundings I suppose.

Comment

Survivor is probably the greates original reality television show ever created, Real World maybe back in the day. I wish they'd find a better way to handle the finale though. Add fan voting maybe(?), because sometimes the Jury completely F's up the vote based on personal likes-dislikes.
        Please, The Mole with Anderson Cooper owns Survivor.

And I liked True Blood's 2nd season, but excellent? I don't think so APS. Nothing can be excellent with Stephen Moyer as a main character.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
          Wait what? You think fan voting would solve the problem of voting on like-dislike? The jury is one part the players have to account on. They can't piss them off so much that they won't want to vote for them. It's part of the strategy. If they lose because of it : their fault.
          Hence the question mark. You're right though, it would probably make it worse. I just meant have their vote count as a percentage, lmaybe one vote. I don't know...Maybe I'm just bitter that Russel got absolutly hosed last season.

Can anyone at all justify Natalie winning last season? She rode Russell's coat tail's to the finale, and because a few jury members were bitter about being "outplayed," they voted for whoever wasn't Russell or Mick.

Sham.

Comment

The thing is, none of the players on Heroes vs Villains have seen Russel's game. The show aired as they were taping this season. So they are completely in the dark to this "nobody" Russel...Now he's just picking people off one by one.

The thing is Russel was brought back as one of the shows five most memorable male villains. Nobody might have seen him play but that does not excuse the horrible game play by some of the Heroes.

It has been an enjoyable season but I wish some of the casting was done better. Where the **** is Rob C? Even more so than Hatch in my opinion he is the ultimate thinking mans Survivor. He played a pretty much flawless season and only got ****** over in the end because the last challenge gave Jenna M a clear advantage. There are quite a few players that got ****** over because they appeared in an earlier Survivor season. I mean how the hell do you pick Randy and Coach as two of the top 5 all time male villains? I am going off on a tangent though.

The Heroes showed why they are the Heroes, clearly Americans value stupidity in their Heroes because the Heroes tribe is ******* pathetic, just a bunch of bad strategists who happen to be great at physical challenges.

I am still going to hold out hope that one year I will get the chance to see Fairplay and Rob C play together because clearly the show is at its best when great strategists (apparently this makes you a villains) are playing.

Comment

• Wait, survivor is still on tv releasing new episodes? Well thats a shame. Survivor really started the reality TV fad that took over a decades programming, it will forever be home to a special kind of hate from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
                Wait, survivor is still on tv releasing new episodes? Well thats a shame. Survivor really started the reality TV fad that took over a decades programming, it will forever be home to a special kind of hate from me.
                Understandable. It spawned so many ****** shows, has been indirectly responsible for the cancellation of some great shows, and forever changed Television for the worst. That said the show ******* delivers when there are people on there who don't give a **** about how the audience perceives them. People who actually play the ******* game and outwit, outplay, outlast.

I agree though, **** Survivor for further dumbing down America.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
                  Wait, survivor is still on tv releasing new episodes? Well thats a shame. Survivor really started the reality TV fad that took over a decades programming, it will forever be home to a special kind of hate from me.
                  Maybe if you would help me ******* discuss Fringe this wouldn't be a problem.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I usually hate reality TV, but Survivor isn't crap like most of those shows. Speaking of which, I've been watching season 1 today and damn, that Snakes VS Rats speech is still amazing.

Comment

• Survivor is the best. It's so much different from all the other reality shows out there.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Maybe if you would help me ******* discuss Fringe this wouldn't be a problem.
                        The Bishop's are awesome. I want more Leonard Nimoy. Discuss.

Comment

• Ndamukong Suh is supposed to be on Jimmy Fallon tonight.

http://www.nbc.com/schedule/
                          Last edited by Whistler6; 04-17-2010, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Ndamukong Suh is supposed to be on Jimmy Fallon tonight.

http://www.nbc.com/schedule/
                            Its still Fallon so I will never watch

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

• What the hell is a "Kesha" and why is it on TV? Secondly, what's the deal with the confetti at the end of the performance...Really? Oh nvm, they there ticket stubs the audience was throwing back.

Comment

• Survivor

I thought hating Jeff Probst was a secular religion in cyberspace....

Tipping my hand b/c I wanted to run the same poll here, but I did a poll about 3 yrs. ago on another board that went like this: If you're stopped in your vehicle at a red light all alone at 3 AM, with no security videos, no other cars for miles & a celebrity enters the crosswalk ahead of you. You can run him/her over & no one will ever know.... Name that celebrity.

Probst came in a close 2nd to Ryan Seacrest. Simon Cowell got a lot of votes too ..............

Survivor may not be fixed, but then why all those contestants hiring attorneys & suing after they get voted off? I won't say it's completely crooked, but it sure looks like it's manipulated by the producers with predetermined results.
                                Last edited by LizardState; 04-18-2010, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information