Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who was Adam Banks? He was clearly the Sidney Crosby of that league. What a beast.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by vidae View Post
      They're classics. I grew up watching them. We were joking about doing a disney mock draft and the question as to whether or not The Mighty Ducks were to be included came up, and I said that if Charlie Conway wasn't the first overall pick that the draft is meaningless. That naturally lead into who each person in IRC would be: I'm Charlie Conway, CCSD is Gordon Bombay.. we made APS Goldberg, because he sucks and I forget who we made Deep but I think it was Averman.

      Hope that clears it up! I just went one step ahead and got BK to make the ballin sig.
      I'm pretty sure that Beatrix Kiddo would be the number 1 pick without question.


      RIP TheManInBlack

      Comment


      • Originally posted by vidae View Post
        They're classics. I grew up watching them. We were joking about doing a disney mock draft and the question as to whether or not The Mighty Ducks were to be included came up, and I said that if Charlie Conway wasn't the first overall pick that the draft is meaningless. That naturally lead into who each person in IRC would be: I'm Charlie Conway, CCSD is Gordon Bombay.. we made APS Goldberg, because he sucks and I forget who we made Deep but I think it was Averman.

        Hope that clears it up! I just went one step ahead and got BK to make the ballin sig.
        I wasnt here for this, and took no part in the conversation. But Goldberg is awesome.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

        Comment


        • Happy Town this week. (crosses fingers)

          I need a Wednesday show.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Splat View Post
            Happy Town this week. (crosses fingers)

            I need a Wednesday show.
            Modern Family.


            RIP TheManInBlack

            Comment


            • Anyone else really like Warehouse 13?

              bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                Modern Family.
                thisthisthisthis

                by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                Comment


                • TV critic/columnist Alan Sepinwall's blog is brilliant. He recaps pretty much every show still worth watching, and his analysis adds a lot of good insight to what specific scenes and such means. His breakdown of Community made me rewatch it, and appreciate the Goodfellas homage even more.

                  Other shows he discusses are The Office, Mad men, The Wire, Parks and Rec, LOST, Freaks and Geeks, Chuck, Dexter, Breaking Bad and Party Down. Whew, and that's barely half. Worth checking out atleast.

                  http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/
                  Last edited by Whistler6; 04-26-2010, 12:03 AM.

                  Comment


                  • I LOVE his blog. I got turned on to it because I read his open letter to NBC about Chuck. He is one of the biggest voices that spoke out for renewal last season. He is always fair with his judgements and is a pleasure to read.

                    He also hosts a (weekly?) podcast that I listen to. They talk about everything from Lost to Chuck to Breaking Bad. Really good stuff.

                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                      Anyone else really like Warehouse 13?
                      I enjoy the show, I really love the chemistry the cast seems to have.


                      So I randomly decided to watch an episode or two of Battlestar Galactica just now (Season 3 finale's) & by god is this show just on another level. Recently ive gotten into Lost and quite enjoy it, but it truly can't come close to measuring up to BSG.

                      Comment


                      • Cant forget Allison <3

                        bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
                          I enjoy the show, I really love the chemistry the cast seems to have.


                          So I randomly decided to watch an episode or two of Battlestar Galactica just now (Season 3 finale's) & by god is this show just on another level. Recently ive gotten into Lost and quite enjoy it, but it truly can't come close to measuring up to BSG.
                          As someone who has seen both series through several times, I gotta agree and say BSG is on a totally different level. The writing and acting are phenomenal on BSG, and even talking about it now makes me wanna go watch an episode. Gaius Baltar might be one of my favorite TV characters ever.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                            As someone who has seen both series through several times, I gotta agree and say BSG is on a totally different level. The writing and acting are phenomenal on BSG, and even talking about it now makes me wanna go watch an episode. Gaius Baltar might be one of my favorite TV characters ever.
                            Crossroads Part 1 & 2. Go.

                            Comment


                            • Oh Im absolutely gunna watch those. Great choice, two of my favorite episodes.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                              Comment


                              • That one liner is funny, because my dad and I were actually extras in The Mighty Ducks. They filmed most of the hockey scenes at the New Hope Ice Arena, which is about 100 feet from my house. I don't remember anything about it, as I was only 3 years old, but my dad has pictures of us at the rink with all the equipment and stuff in the background.
                                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information