No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @jonsamon: Parks delay attributable to Poehler pregnancy?

sepinwall

No. They stayed in production to be ready for fall even with baby.

Comment

• More on Chuck, hits it exactly.

Why not try "Chuck" elsewhere?
      Just for fun. We know NBC has no interest in ever giving "Chuck" a proven lead-in and that's OK. But if you look at Monday nights, "Chuck," "The Event" and "Chase" all seem pretty compatible. Where would the harm be in spending the summer promoting "The Event" and generating buzz and then trying that out at 8 p.m. and maybe moving "Chuck" to 9? NBC *knows* what "Chuck" will do at 8 p.m. and it's unclear if a well-promoted freshman show would do any worse. Instead, "Chuck" will have to lead-off the night, again, which doesn't really help "The Event" and doesn't really help "Chuck." Still it's good to see "Chuck" back for the fall.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-...-fall-schedule

Comment

• Huh. Everything I read about P&R was wrong. I trust Alan when it comes to these things.

As for Chuck, NBC wouldn't want to throw a freshman series in one of the toughest time slots in TV, so I can see why they didn't. A 1.8-2.0 is better than a potential 1.3. With the way the schedule is set, they're trying to improve their NEW shows (ie L&O:SVU back in a timeslot that it was killed in to try to get L&O: LA some sort of a lead in, giving Outsoruced the coveted "after The Office lead in and having Undercovers in a less competitive Wednesday 8/7c timeslot) ) so I guess they figured they'd take a consistent 1.8-2.0 in a very tough time slot rather than a 3.0 in Wednesday.

It makes sense since they're really confident in their new freshman programming. It sucks as a Chuck fan, because you'd like to see it in a timeslot where it can grow, but it makes sense from the networks standpoint.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          **** NBC for moving Parks and Rec off of the fall schedule. They ruined the goddamn comic goldmine that was Community/Parks and Rec back to back.
          Parks and Rec sux. Great move.

I just watched Fringe from Thursday...epic. Anna Torv is much hotter as a brunette IMO. This show is the ****.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            For those watching Friday Night Lights on NBC (and didn't see it illegally before or through Direct TV), prepare for some tears for the finale.

I just want to know why they brought a RB over from Dillon when the main player they are focusing on is the current RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
              I just want to know why they brought a RB over from Dillon when the main player they are focusing on is the current RB.
              WALLACE isn't necessarily a running back.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• A nice one-two punch at RB maybe? Maybe move Vince to QB or WR or a defensive position? Didn't make much sense to me either but I'm sure it'll be explained.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                  As soon as I found out season 4 was online, I broke down and watched al 13 episodes. It gets worked out. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say this.

Landry has become the man and a really underrated actor at that. I hope JD McCroy gets run over by a truck. If I was put up for adoption, I would actively seek out Coach Taylor as my new father. And Riggings has probably become my favorite character from the show. Friday Night Lights is so, so good. I wish it got better treatment from NBC and audiences(#'s).

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                    It makes sense since they're really confident in their new freshman programming. It sucks as a Chuck fan, because you'd like to see it in a timeslot where it can grow, but it makes sense from the networks standpoint.
                    Sad, but true. Atleast it's coming back for another 13 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                      Sad, but true. Atleast it's coming back for another 13 weeks.
                      Here is how I see it playing out:

The Event becomes a new flagship show for NBC with the departure of 24 from the air and Chase bombs. They bring The Cape as a midseason replacement for Chase and order an additional 9 (and final 9) episodes of Chuck and end the show that way.

As far as Friday Night Lights goes, it's hard to have a show named that and not air it on Friday, and people just don't watch TV that night. I don't think NBC EXPECTED anything super huge in that timeslot (who can?) and the fact that it's coming back for another (and final I think?) season is pretty cool at least to wrap it up or something. It really is an underrated show though.

As far as ratings go, if you look at the normal Friday night totals, I think 1.7/1.8 is out of this world and they did 1.3 last week. The highest rated show in their timeslot was Ghost Whisperer at 1.5, so it isn't like they're doing that bad in that slot anyway.
                      Last edited by vidae; 05-16-2010, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• A little late but I wanted to agree with the sentiments of Peefs a few pages ago. Fringe has become epic. Really loving where it has come over the past season.
                        (shameless self-promotion)
                        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I keep thinking Futurama is starting earlier than it actually is. Agh. At least Burn Notice isn't too far away.

Comment

• More from Alan Sepinwall regarding NBC's fall schedule. He breaks down each night, and adds to the sham of pushing Parks and Rec to midseason. Not great news about Chuck though.

On Chuck:
                            On the one hand, I agree with Fienberg that it would be nice to see Chuck air in a different timeslot and/or have a lead-in for once, and so flipping it and "The Event" around might not have been so terrible. On the other, based on the season three ratings for "Chuck" and the huge number of shows greenlit for next year, my guess is that NBC views next year as the end of the line for the Buy More gang, and considers it a schedule placeholder they don't have to heavily promote, since the "Chuck" audience appears to be the "Chuck" audience.
                            On Parks and Rec:
                            "Parks and Recreation" (which happens to be NBC's best comedy, and probably the best comedy on TV, period) didn't take a production hiatus between seasons 2 and 3 so that the series could come back in the fall even with star Amy Poehler's pregnancy...

...and is being rewarded for that dedication by being held for mid-season.

"That was one of the toughest decisions we had to make," said Gaspin. "Ultimately, we wanted to get new comedy on our schedule... What we will do is put five or six comedies in the two-hour block, and we expect that 'Parks and Recreation' will be back on the schedule on Thursday. It's not in any way an indiciation that we don't think it's as good as the other comedies. We think it's a terrific comedy, and we did put two new castmembers" - Adam Scott and Rob Lowe - "in as a way to give the audience a new entry point. But we have seen time and time again on cable and see you can wait as much as a year and actually create more anticipation for a series and not lose momentum."
                            http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...-jay-leno-show

Comment

• season 3 of Psych > season 4 of Psych

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Once again the ****ing Survivor jury vote based on their fragile feelings, and reward $1 million dollars to the least deserving. A great season, completely wasted...It's getting old.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information