Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    but I don't really consider Daily Show/Colbert Report as actual shows when it comes down to it.

Do you consider them infomercials?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post

Do you consider them infomercials?
      I didn't mean it that way. I meant I see them as daily comedy shows like I see Colbert so I don't use them as a comparison piece for weekly shows.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Daily Show/Colbert are different in my eyes as well because writing a show like that for 4 days a week is pretty tough along with a different kind of comedy. It's why both of those shows have large writing staffs and you have to hold them in a different category as a show like 30 Rock or Psych.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan View Post
          I like the CBS block, big bang theory's good nerd humor, charlie sheen and the kid are great together on 2 and 1/2 men and NPH makes How I met your mother awesome. It's always sunny did have a mediocre run, but they're always patchy for me. I still consider those in the top tier of comedies because there's no show on tv that has me laughing my ass off throughout an episode. South Park still has some great moment but they haven't had a great episode inlike two seasons.
          Have you seen Breast Cancer Show Ever this last South Park season? Easily one of my favorite episodes.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
            Have you seen Breast Cancer Show Ever this last South Park season? Easily one of my favorite episodes.
            I forgot about that, that was an awesome episode, not sure if it was great though.

Comment

I like the CBS block, big bang theory's good nerd humor, charlie sheen and the kid are great together on 2 and 1/2 men and NPH makes How I met your mother awesome. It's always sunny did have a mediocre run, but they're always patchy for me. I still consider those in the top tier of comedies because there's no show on tv that has me laughing my ass off throughout an episode. South Park still has some great moment but they haven't had a great episode inlike two seasons.
              The Chinese invasion one was awesome.

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              I hate the Big Bang Theory/Two and a Half Men (the latter especially), How I Met Your Mother is insanely overrated on this board, IASIP had a very mediocre season, and Family Guy can blow me. I can live with the others in your list, but I don't really consider Daily Show/Colbert Report as actual shows when it comes down to it.

Two and a Half Men has started to go downhill, but Charlie sheen and the kid are awesome, along with Berta. Anytime Berta is on the screen it is constant laughter.

Sheldon is just hilarious in BBT, I can't stop laughing at his ridiculousness.

NPH is the best character in a comedy right now. Without him, the show would be nothing. This season isn't as good as previous seasons, but it is still one of my favorite shows.

The season finale for Sunny was awesome. Nightman/Dayman was just pure genius. The part about stealing the "boys hole" had me cracking up.

Family Guy is awesome while in a certain state of mind... It is probably the lowest on that last list. But when you just want to veg out and watch something that you don't have to think, it is great.
              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                The Chinese invasion one was awesome.

Two and a Half Men has started to go downhill, but Charlie sheen and the kid are awesome, along with Berta. Anytime Berta is on the screen it is constant laughter.

Sheldon is just hilarious in BBT, I can't stop laughing at his ridiculousness.

NPH is the best character in a comedy right now. Without him, the show would be nothing. This season isn't as good as previous seasons, but it is still one of my favorite shows.

The season finale for Sunny was awesome. Nightman/Dayman was just pure genius. The part about stealing the "boys hole" had me cracking up.

Family Guy is awesome while in a certain state of mind... It is probably the lowest on that last list. But when you just want to veg out and watch something that you don't have to think, it is great.
                Only two disagreements with this post, I can no longer get drunk enough to find family guy funny and NPH is tied for the best character in a comedy right now with Alec Baldwin.

Comment

• Scrubs is the best show ever.

Comment

Only two disagreements with this post, I can no longer get drunk enough to find family guy funny and NPH is tied for the best character in a comedy right now with Alec Baldwin.
                    Drunk is not the state of mind I was talking about. I meant one of a more natural persuasion.

I just don't find 30 Rock that funny, but maybe I have just seen bad episodes.
                    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
                      Scrubs is the best show ever.
                      It used to be, the last few seasons haven't been as good. Although this one is shaping up to be the best in a few years, IMO.
                      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Colbert's parody of the Bale incident with Steve Martin is brilliant.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                          Drunk is not the state of mind I was talking about. I meant one of a more natural persuasion.

I just don't find 30 Rock that funny, but maybe I have just seen bad episodes.
                          Yeah I don't find family guy funny at all in that state of mind.

Comment

• For those of you fortunate enough to have Showtime, i highly emphasize watching The United States of Tara

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Finally the best comedy is joined with one of the best dramas. Jon Hamm on 30 Rock!

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Tracy and the Wall Street guys = priceless

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen
                                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information