Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    Crossroads 1 and 2 are some of the best television ever filmed. ROMO!
    I just remember watching them as they aired, and being furious that I had to wait another year for the last season. Also, I became obsessed with All Along the Watchtower.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
      Burn Notice and Royal Pains have been extended to 18 episode seasons (from 12), yay!

Both will have "mid season" finales on August 26th and then come back in the winter for 6 all new episodes. Yay!
      Jizz bomb!!!

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

• Treme is such a good show but I have no idea what they can do with it. It might have been better off as a mini-series.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          Don't listen to Peefs, he refuses to watch the best show in the history of television because he has some dumbass grudge against cop shows.
          You know, I have stated multiple times that I have seen this show you refer to (which I assume is the Wire). Even I who can't stand cop shows still thinks theyre better than high school drama. Its really really easy to just make absolute terrible HS involved shows. But it can be done right, ie Freaks & Geeks.

Comment

• The Constant > Crossroads. Now I can say it definitively.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

The Constant > Crossroads. Now I can say it definitively.
              That is a damnable lie.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

The Constant > Crossroads. Now I can say it definitively.
                Bias I say! Nothing tops the Lampkin/Baltar connection.

Comment

• You guys really shouldnt have expected anything different of Brodeur. As I said a week or so ago when he started his BSG quest, he could think its the greatest thing ever and he would still post differently on here to continue on with his son of a bitchness.

Comment

• There is just no way than anything from Lost is better than anything from BSG. It's not possible.

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• I've been making my way through the show Angel. Bummer that it got canceled because of a stupid network guy. I like it. Though having never seen 1 episode of Buffy I am sometimes a little lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
                        You guys really shouldnt have expected anything different of Brodeur. As I said a week or so ago when he started his BSG quest, he could think its the greatest thing ever and he would still post differently on here to continue on with his son of a bitchness.
                        Which is why we've grown to love him in a weird, sick way...

I might be ripped to shreds for this, but The Simpsons is a bit overrated. Yeah I understand the way Matt Groening and co changed cartoon television forever, and the 20+ year run is unheard of as well, but it's just not that good (anymore?). I'm sad to say I pretty much checked out several years ago, and stick to watching older episodes. Seasons 2-3-4 are golden, but I suppose it was bound to get stale eventually.

That said, "Mr. Plow" and "Last Exit to Springfield" were two season four episodes that will never grow old. Homer Simpson, Union Boss = awesome.

Comment

• I'm not really a big fan of The Simpsons anymore either, so you're not alone.

And! Good episode of Burn Notice last night. I haven't seen Royal Pains yet but I'm gunna watch it in a few.

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• The Simpsons has been pretty bad for years now, but for about 10-12 years it was just awesome and it's peak years were better than any animated show of the last 20-30 years. Even with the recent dropoff it's still one of the top cartoons ever.

Comment

• So whats the deal with Friday Night Lights anyways? IMDB shows 6 seasons filmed and a ton more episodes then I've found anywhere else. Was it prematurely cancelled? whats happening?
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                So whats the deal with Friday Night Lights anyways? IMDB shows 6 seasons filmed and a ton more episodes then I've found anywhere else. Was it prematurely cancelled? whats happening?
                                After this season, there is one more that will air before it's gone for good. This current season aired last fall on Direct TV, so that will pretty much be how next season plays out too. It's an amazing show, and too well acted/written to be airing on Friday nights...But I'll take that and 5 seasons over nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information