Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
    I love Breaking Bad but I don't think that it'll ever come close to BSG for me. The closest thing to BSG is Firefly and they might be 1a and 1b.
    Nothing can beat Firefly. Nothing.

Comment

• I love Firefly and all, but you kids are overrating it a tad.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Well, maybe. Nathan Fillion love can get in the way of judgement sometimes.

Comment

• It's understandable. On another note...

http://www.hbo.com/eastbound-and-dow...?autoplay=true

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• greatest moment on TV last night

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              I love Firefly and all, but you kids are overrating it a tad.
              It's natural I think. There are so many directions the show could've gone but it never will, so it's easy to look back fondly and gloss over the bad parts of the show.

I hated Nathan Fillion's character the first few episodes.

Comment

• I know I'm late (I usually am when it comes to tv shows) but I started watching Community on Sunday. Well, I liked it so much that I finished season 1 yesterday. Great show, I can't wait for season 2.

Comment

• Just started watching The Good Guys. Solid season premier but I will wait to hold judgment after several shows.

The shows I will be watching this summer are: Man vs. Food, Louie, Rookie Blue, Memphis Beat, and The Good Guys. Another other recommendations?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

• Mad Men starts in July, so that's technically a summer show.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      I know I'm late (I usually am when it comes to tv shows) but I started watching Community on Sunday. Well, I liked it so much that I finished season 1 yesterday. Great show, I can't wait for season 2.
                      It is hilarious. I think some of the writers from Arrested Development write for that show. I hope NBC sticks with it.

Comment

Mad Men starts in July, so that's technically a summer show.
                        I didn't know when that show started back. At least I'll have one steady show that I will watch every episode of this summer.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                          It is hilarious. I think some of the writers from Arrested Development write for that show. I hope NBC sticks with it.
                          It's probably gone after next season because CBS put Big Bang Theory against it on Thursday, and it shares a good portion of the same audience. I don't care for BBT though, so I'm on Team Community.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

It's probably gone after next season because CBS put Big Bang Theory against it on Thursday, and it shares a good portion of the same audience. I don't care for BBT though, so I'm on Team Community.
                            BBT would be so much better without the laugh track. Or that just may come from my pure hatred for laugh tracks.

WHO DAT!

Comment

That is ********. I hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Community already had bad ratings before this happened. It came as a shock to some that it was renewed in the first place, so I hope it can survive the move.

I've been saying for a while that the BBT move might kill it, so here is to hoping that NBC switches their Thursday night lineup. They should move The Office to the same slot as BBT if they want to be competitive in there. Anything else is going to get killed. Especially Outsourced, which looks downright AWFUL. I think that Outsourced will get canned asap and that'll force them to stick with Community, at least for the entire second season.

ps: BBT is a horrible show. It isn't funny at all. I've literally sat through entire episodes without laughing at all. Just terrible.

ps2: As far as summer shows (these are just the ones I was interested in):

Futurama (Comedy Central, June 24th)
                                Hung (HBO, June 27th)
                                Entourage (HBO, June 27th)
                                White Collar (USA, July 13th)
                                Covert Affairs *NEW* (USA, July 13th)
                                Psych (USA, July 14th)

This might be helpful for someone!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/05/28...premiere-dates
                                Last edited by vidae; 06-15-2010, 12:04 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information