Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
    The Wire was the catalyst for my hate of cop drama. The Wire is soo good people would say, but I watched a season and it pretty much didnt interest me at all. After that no more lame ass cop shows.
    Jesus man. The first season can be tough but after watching it over again it is really fantastic. Season 2 is pretty sweet but seasons 3 and 4 of The Wire is some of the best television ever you judgmental prick. Go back and give the show another shot! Listen to me, my taste in television is impeccable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      Jesus man. The first season can be tough but after watching it over again it is really fantastic. Season 2 is pretty sweet but seasons 3 and 4 of The Wire is some of the best television ever you judgmental prick. Go back and give the show another shot! Listen to me, my taste in television is impeccable.
      Not happening, ever. Below zero percent probability. I didnt like it when I first started it and I certainly wont like it now that I have a large bias against it.

Comment

Not happening, ever. Below zero percent probability. I didnt like it when I first started it and I certainly wont like it now that I have a large bias against it.
        Well at least yo admit to your large bias against it. I can respect that.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
          Community already had bad ratings before this happened. It came as a shock to some that it was renewed in the first place, so I hope it can survive the move.

I've been saying for a while that the BBT move might kill it, so here is to hoping that NBC switches their Thursday night lineup. They should move The Office to the same slot as BBT if they want to be competitive in there. Anything else is going to get killed. Especially Outsourced, which looks downright AWFUL. I think that Outsourced will get canned asap and that'll force them to stick with Community, at least for the entire second season.

ps: BBT is a horrible show. It isn't funny at all. I've literally sat through entire episodes without laughing at all. Just terrible.

ps2: As far as summer shows (these are just the ones I was interested in):

Futurama (Comedy Central, June 24th)
          Hung (HBO, June 27th)
          Entourage (HBO, June 27th)
          White Collar (USA, July 13th)
          Covert Affairs *NEW* (USA, July 13th)
          Psych (USA, July 14th)

This might be helpful for someone!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/05/28...premiere-dates
          I forgot all about Entourage. It's coming back for a new season?!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

• Also going to throw my support into the **** The Big Bang Theory ring. I have not laughed once watching that show and it seems like every fan of the show I meet is an incredibly he douchebag. Aagain I am discouraged by the shittiest of shows being the most popular cough Two and a Half Men cough.

Comment

• HEY me and peefs watch BBT! Though the past season was nowhere near as good as the first two.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

• I <3 bbt. I had no idea it had gotten all popular, but Shelden always makes me laff.

Comment

• I am never watching BBT again. I need to ask for at least SOME realism out of a show.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    Brodeur, have you finished BSG yet?

By the way, where were all you BSG fans back in 2004-2007? I remember posting a BSG-thread after the fantastic season-2 finale and it got like 10 posts and died. I think Comahan was with me, but you are all poseurs apparently.
                    Well I joined Jan 2007, which is right about when I started watching BSG. I was home for winter break from school, and would stay up from like 1-6 am watching seasons 1,2, and 3 to catch up for the end of season 3. Then having to wait a year for season 4 was brutal.

Otherwise, I woulda been right here posting about the gloriousness that is BSG.

BTW, BSG is even more orgasmic in Bluray.

Comment

• Starting a show earlier than others doesn't make you special in any way.

And I like The Wire, a lot, I thought it was fantastic.. but I would never put it on my top 5 all time list. I don't see it.

Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                        Starting a show earlier than others doesn't make you special in any way.

And I like The Wire, a lot, I thought it was fantastic.. but I would never put it on my top 5 all time list. I don't see it.
                        But I want to be special :(

Comment

You are special! And you'll always be special!

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• I dont like The Wire that much at all :/

Comment

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

• I can't keep up with TV, so I follow very few shows, pretty much just what's on USA because they actually re-air their shows and Lost because I actually made an effort. But I did see an episode of Community the other day and I can agree that it was really funny. I'll probably do a few episodes online and try to watch on Thursdays. For some reason, I'm more likely to tune in to the NBC comedies when Always Sunny has their season going on and I can just turn to that right after. Something about doing absolutely nothing on a Thursday night just fits me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information