Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
    Where can I find the mini-series? Is it streaming somewhere or am I going to have to acquire it by other means?

That actually turns me off from the show a bit. I'm a huge sci-fi nerd. I don't want to watch a drama show set in space however.
    Im a sci-fi nerd and BSG is the best sci-fi ive ever seen. As a fellow sci-fi nerd you have to admit that often sci-fi shows get way too cliche with random techno drivel and other cliche sci-fi elements. BSG, while still based on a very sci-fi setting, really transcends and goes much beyond your typical popcorn fun sci-fi.

Comment

• Warren the Ape is pretty funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        Just finished up season 4 of FNL.
        Season four hasn't finished airing on NBC yet, you jerkalope.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Just finished up season 4 of FNL. Wasn't a huge fan, and IMO the show was at its very best in season 1. I didnt like the switch to the new school and the whole abortion storyline just pissed me right the hell off. Overall though, a pretty good show.
          Season 4 is amazing, so you shush.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I think I like The Good Guys. It's campy in a good way.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              Just don't forget to turn it off with about five minutes left in the finale.
              But then youll miss the awesomely witty back and forth between 'Gaius & Six' !

Comment

• I watched the BSG mini-series and enjoyed it. My only problem with the show was people saying "frack" and "frackin" annoyed me. Is this just in the mini-series? Or was I just mishearing things? Either way I look forward to watching the show.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Season 4 is amazing, so you shush.
                  I thought the first season was by far the best. The characters that they brought in to replace some of the guys who moved on were bland and uninteresting, and I didnt enjoy the reversal of some of the characters. Plus, no Minka Kelly is a bad thing.

Originally posted by nrk View Post
                  I watched the BSG mini-series and enjoyed it. My only problem with the show was people saying "frack" and "frackin" annoyed me. Is this just in the mini-series? Or was I just mishearing things? Either way I look forward to watching the show.
                  Its the BSG-verse equivalent of swearing. Its so they can get around censors.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I thought all four of the newly introduced characters were pretty damn impressive actually, and were considerably better acted than Tyra and Lyla were.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I thought all four of the newly introduced characters were pretty damn impressive actually, and were considerably better acted than Tyra and Lyla were.
                      Well Tyra was just annoying most of the series, and I just like looking at Minka Kelly. I thought Vince and Luke were both pretty cliched characters, Vince in particular. Even Riggins seemed like an out of place character this last season, and the dramatic change of JD McCoy was just...weird. I wasnt a fan overall of the season in comparison to the others. Season 1 was insanely good though.
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Well Tyra was just annoying most of the series, and I just like looking at Minka Kelly. I thought Vince and Luke were both pretty cliched characters, Vince in particular. Even Riggins seemed like an out of place character this last season, and the dramatic change of JD McCoy was just...weird. I wasnt a fan overall of the season in comparison to the others. Season 1 was insanely good though.
                        JD McCoy was always an insane douche, it's just that his ego as the actual starting QB and face of the town amplified the doucheness. Riggins arc this season was probably the best part of the show (and easily the best thing that Kitsch has ever done), and Vince/Luke were cliches at first but they overcame that.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• (cause vidae yelled at me in IRC)

Id rank the seasons 1>3>4>2
                          Last edited by A Perfect Score; 06-17-2010, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Except that the thing about Vince isn't entirely true, considering some of the things that happen later on in the season. Plus, the kid was WALLACE on The Wire and was awesome on that too.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Except that you never told me you saw a season of The Wire, and that you carry an unnecessary bias against it.
                              Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              Except that the thing about Vince isn't entirely true, considering some of the things that happen later on in the season. Plus, the kid was WALLACE on The Wire and was awesome on that too.
                              I was hoping that you would start another post with "except that"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I say it to be a condescending douche.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information