No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bender is by far one of the funniest characters ever in television.

Bender: Don't worry Leela, one day we'll all look back on this and laugh.

*walks towards the door and looks back*

Bender: HAHAHAHA!
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• [Hermes is threatening to jump off a building.]
      Planet Express Crew: No! Don't jump!
      Bender: Do a flip!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
        It's really not the best comedy ever. It's great, but it's too up and down for my taste. The best comedies to me are ones that remain consistently funny every episode, and that typically have some depth to them.

That said, it's certainly had some of the all-time funniest moments in a comedy show I've ever seen. (see: Greenman and the Nightman).
        The Nightman/Dayman episode is one of the funniest single episodes I've ever seen.

Comment

• Comment

• Would anyone who posts in here regularly be interested in a Make-A-Show Competition similar to the way we have done the Make-A-Movie competitions in the past? Ie draft a creator/writer (s), actors, network, and a premise?
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
              It's really not the best comedy ever. It's great, but it's too up and down for my taste. The best comedies to me are ones that remain consistently funny every episode, and that typically have some depth to them.

That said, it's certainly had some of the all-time funniest moments in a comedy show I've ever seen. (see: Greenman and the Nightman).
              Ill give you that the show has little depth, but quite frankly, there are enough cliched romantic/forced/awful comedies out there nowadays that I quite enjoy that Sunny isnt bogged down by that stuff. In fact, I think thats why its so damn rewatchable. Its just pure hilarity, all the time.

As far as the show having down episodes, the only episode I havent seen a million times is The Gang Cracks The Liberty Bell. Other then that,they are all golden.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• The pooping the bed episode is absolutely atrocious.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  Would anyone who posts in here regularly be interested in a Make-A-Show Competition similar to the way we have done the Make-A-Movie competitions in the past? Ie draft a creator/writer (s), actors, network, and a premise?
                  Of course.

Comment

• Did they change the show times on True Blood or what?

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      Ill give you that the show has little depth, but quite frankly, there are enough cliched romantic/forced/awful comedies out there nowadays that I quite enjoy that Sunny isnt bogged down by that stuff. In fact, I think thats why its so damn rewatchable. Its just pure hilarity, all the time.

As far as the show having down episodes, the only episode I havent seen a million times is The Gang Cracks The Liberty Bell. Other then that,they are all golden.
                      I enjoy all the old episodes b/c I missed them the 1st time around. And you see the character development & the relationships (sketchy as they are) between the 5 Gang members.

Charlie Day btw still steals the show in most of those, old or new, gets the really good (by that I mean psychotic & deranged) one-liners & comes up with the most crazy-ass schemes right on up to Kitten Mittens last yr. When Charlie is the brains of your outfit, you're in serious trouble.

Kristen Olson was funnier in the older episodes too, the 4 guys dumped on her more, she was funny as a worthless Bennigan's waitress. The one last night when they started their own band was pretty awful, though I admit LMAO at Charlie as Bob Dylan reborn. Danny Devito is doing a variation IMO on his old late 70s character of Louie Dumbrowski the dispatcher from Taxi.

Is their director Fred Savage the same one who was the actor in the Wonder Yrs?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                        Did they change the show times on True Blood or what?
                        no new episode because it was July 4th

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Started season one of Angel and so far so good, I have all ready watched all of Buffy multiple times but never got around to watching Angel for whatever reason in till now.

Comment

• Season one of Angel is really weak and too un-serialized in comparison to the rest of the series, which is far more consistent (at least in my opinion) than Buffy ever was.
                            Last edited by Brodeur; 07-06-2010, 06:42 PM. Reason: lousy wording

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Deadliest Catch has been intense the last few weeks.

Comment

• I'm almost done with Arrested Development and I can't believe it took me this long to start watching this show. Tobias is one of my favorite TV characters ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information