Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    Really looking forward to Boardwalk Empire. Incredible cast along with some brilliant creative minds will make for one of the better shows to come along in a while.
    Boardwalk Empire is definitely my most anticipated series for this year, just slightly edging out my excitement for The Pacific and Treme whenever they first aired.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• When does Boardwalk Empire start?

I as well am really looking forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        When does Boardwalk Empire start?

I as well am really looking forward to it.
        September. I'd like to say the 17th but I am not positive.

Comment

• Close! The 19th.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
            Burn Notice seems to have shot its bolt & lost its edge, all the storylines echo previous, better written episodes from past seasons.

Fi has been kidnapped twice now, & Simon the villain carried over from last yr. is just another international psycho killer, & last night's ep recycled the 2 FBI guys from Season 1. Their writers need some fresh original material & characters in a hurry or this is thier last yr.
            I'm not disagreeing completely, but you do realize that a ton of shows do this, right? Even the successful ones. Carrying over characters from previous seasons and using similar plot themes are pretty common place.

I'm with Gonzo though. I'd love to see a show like Burn Notice, but with a much more serious tone. Not necessarily 'darker', just more serious. I love the 'spy' shows but it seems the vast majority of them all have comedic flares to them.

USA is still awesome though. White Collar is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows, as well as Royal Pains. Of course Psych is probably my favorite show on TV too, so that's nice.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Psych is my favorite as I've always made that clear. I wish I got into Burn Notice when it first started.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                Psych is my favorite as I've always made that clear.
                You are smart.

Comment

• I can't really take more than 2 USA shows, because they are just so annoyingly formulaic and the only two that have the cast to be able to handle that are White Collar and Psych (and Monk because of Shalhoub at times when it was on).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Psych is great.
                    Dule and James are fantastic together.

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

• What can I say I love Shawn, Gus, Jules, and Lassie.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• All I watch right now is Psych and White Collar. The USA lineup is better than anything NBC has though which is ridiculous because I believe they passed on all those shows and then sent them to their sister network. I'm not sure if they would be as good though if they were on network tv even though they're not "dirty."
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

What can I say I love Shawn, Gus, Jules, and Lassie.
                          And the guy from the morgue who's name is slipping my mind but is always great in his little air time he gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                            And the guy from the morgue who's name is slipping my mind but is always great in his little air time he gets.
                            Kurt Fuller.
                            Woody the Coroner
                            What am I doing? This is half a man....

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                              He's been great also since they added him in the episode with Urkel and Keenan. Someone mentioned they think he might be part of the Yin Yang killers but I'd hate that if true. There's no way that's possible.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

All I watch right now is Psych and White Collar. The USA lineup is better than anything NBC has though which is ridiculous because I believe they passed on all those shows and then sent them to their sister network. I'm not sure if they would be as good though if they were on network tv even though they're not "dirty."
                                I'd take the Thursday Night lineup (especially when Parks and Recreation is involved) and Chuck over anything USA has to offer.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information