Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    Thx to Brod for the lest. Pls. tell me Boardwalk Empire isn't yet another show based in Jersey. We can judiciously avoid the others with Jersey variations in the titles but the reality show moguls are very sneaky.

Hyped for the new seasons of 30 Rock, Fringe, the Julie Benzless Dexter, & IASIP next month.
    Boardwalk Empire is based on this book, http://www.amazon.com/Boardwalk-Empi.../dp/0937548499 , which i plan on reading shortly.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
      Speaking of AMC...anyone see Rubicon yet?
      Didn't think I would get into it but I did -- it has a terrific hook: the cryptic conspiracies with answers hidden in multiple mazes & puzzles. One review said the paranoid tension in it palpable, you could cut it with a knife, & that's true. Unknown actors except for Miranda Richardson (James Badge Dale looks like the bastard son of Art Garfunkel) & maybe underrated Arliss Howard whose character makes your skin crawl, & that huge lightbulb head of his. I think it has a real future. If you have questions about it rent 3 Days of the Condor with Robert Redford, there are many parallels between the 2.

Apologies for dissing Boardwalk Empire now that I know it's Martin Scorsese & Buscemi -- Never thought the great Oscarworthy Scorsese would stoop to primetime TV but nothing surprises in the cable tv world anymore, I'll chk it out.
      Last edited by LizardState; 08-27-2010, 01:19 PM.

Comment

That's dead right. Psych isn't the best detective drama but light yrs. better than the puerile True Blood that can't continue on forever with it's core teen audience... can it? Producer/writer Alan Ball was great with 6 Feet Under but he can't save this.
        You're pretty off base here. True Blood has an absolutely huge following right now, it goes way beyond the middle school girls who get moist over Twilight and subsequent vamp series. True Blood, behind Alan Ball's awesomeness, would still be doing very well even if this werent the 'vampire media era'.

Comment

• There's nothing puerile about True Blood. In fact, I'd venture to say it suffers more from the association with the Twilight series then it benefits from it...Especially due to comments like that. When broken down, True Blood has very few actual similarities to the current Twilight series, which is based primarily around teen angst instead of the actual violence which drives True Blood. It isn't great or groundbreaking TV by any means, but lumping it in with Twilight just because they both happen to be about vampires is unfortunate. Thats like saying The Wire is the same as CSI because they are both cop shows...It just doesn't work.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• So the summer tv season is coming to an end, just watched last nights Burn Notice and I was amused, granted I'm a sucker for spy stuff, but I enjoy this show and the final was quite solid, quite solid indeed, plus Michael got himself a submarine.

To continue my spy kick I watched the pilot for Covert Affairs and was intrigued, still unsure of whether I want to watch through this show.

On the topic of True Blood I'm sure it is hurt by the twilight association. I've never watched the show because of how Twilight has ruined vampires for me right now but I've heard from too many people who's taste I don't completely disagree with that it's a good show for me to believe it gets much boost from the Twilight demographic, while I'm a prime example for how it is hurt by Twilight.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Edit: Never mind.
              Last edited by Splat; 08-28-2010, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• when does firefly become "the jizz" exactly?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44

Comment

• For those who have been watching Persons Unknown, does anybody else feel kind of shafted by the way it ended? "All will be revealed by the end of summer" or whatever they said was absolutely not the case. There are so many unanswered questions. I'm hoping for a season 2 but that seems unlikely.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I haven't watched the finale yet, and I'm going to do so soon.. but I SERIOUSLY doubt we'll ever see a second season. The ratings for this show were downright awful.

And if anyone is curious when their favorite show/shows are coming back, here is a quick reference list so it's easy to find:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/08/26...all-2010/61228

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
                      when does firefly become "the jizz" exactly?
                      About two seconds into the pilot episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
                        About two seconds into the pilot episode.
                        He speaks the truth folks.

Comment

• bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
                            when does firefly become "the jizz" exactly?
                            • When Morena Baccarin graced our TV screens with her overwhelming hotness.
                            • Nathan Fillon's opening voice over.
                            • When Josh Whedon told an interviewer that Firefly was the series he always wanted to do before Buffy's sudden megabucks success, that he got the idea after reading The Killer Angels about the Battle of Gettysburg by Fla. St. history prof Jeff Shaara, & that it was loosely based the wild west after the Civil War.
                            • When the critics consensus was that Firefly was the best thing on Friday nights.
                            Last edited by LizardState; 08-30-2010, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• When Morena Baccarin graced our TV screens with her overwhelming hotness.
                              • Nathan Fillon's opening voice over.
                              • When Josh Whedon told an interviewer that Firefly was the series he always wanted to do before Buffy's sudden megabucks success, that he got the idea after reading The Killer Angels about the Battle of Gettysburg by Fla. St. history prof Michael Shaara, & that it was loosely based the wild west after the Civil War.
                              • When the critics consensus was that Firefly was the best thing on Friday nights.
                              ?????????

I think Firefly was awesome but it is a little overrated on this board. It could've lived up to its potential if it had gotten a chance, but as it is one season and a good movie to wrap up still feels a little empty.

Comment

• Of course it isn't going to feel complete.. it got a single season and a movie. They could have done so much more. If anything, Firefly is UNDERRATED on these boards! <3 <3

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information