Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Those American Pickers guys can be pretty shady. They rip everyone off. Good show, though. Still like Pawn Stars better.
    They dont really rip people off any more than the guys on Pawn Stars do.
    They run a business. They need to make a profit. If people REALLY wanted that much money for their junk they would take care of it and sell it themselves. Most people are just happy getting anything for crap that would just sit for years otherwise.

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

• Let's just fast forward to next Sunday night. Sorry, SNF. I've got a date with Dexter Morgan... :evil:

I hope Detroit 1-8-7 turns out OK.
      Just play me, baby

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
        They dont really rip people off any more than the guys on Pawn Stars do.
        They run a business. They need to make a profit. If people REALLY wanted that much money for their junk they would take care of it and sell it themselves. Most people are just happy getting anything for crap that would just sit for years otherwise.
        They rip people off more than the Pawn Star guys. I remember watching one episode when they were buying movie posters for about 15-20 a pop and they sell for over 250 a piece.

The Pawn Star guys are a little more legit and actually have experts in to give proper appraisals. If the customer doesnt like the guys offer, they can move on...but they know what they're sitting on. The American Picker guys just low ball everyone, knowing very well what some things are worth. The people they're dealing with, in a lot of cases...have no idea how much things are worth. So they turn in huge profits.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

They rip people off more than the Pawn Star guys. I remember watching one episode when they were buying movie posters for about 15-20 a pop and they sell for over 250 a piece.

The Pawn Star guys are a little more legit and actually have experts in to give proper appraisals. If the customer doesnt like the guys offer, they can move on...but they know what they're sitting on. The American Picker guys just low ball everyone, knowing very well what some things are worth. The people they're dealing with, in a lot of cases...have no idea how much things are worth. So they turn in huge profits.
          Then the guy should have had them appraised first. They don't put a gun to anyone's head. The guy wanted to sell, didn't know the price, sold anyways.
          It isn't like they are using tricks. They just throw out a price.
          If people were really worried about getting top dollar it wouldn't be rotting in a barn.

The big difference between Pawn Stars and American Pickers:
          A store and Chumlee

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

• House was ***, Two and a Half Men was awesome.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
              Then the guy should have had them appraised first. They don't put a gun to anyone's head. The guy wanted to sell, didn't know the price, sold anyways.
              It isn't like they are using tricks. They just throw out a price.
              If people were really worried about getting top dollar it wouldn't be rotting in a barn.

The big difference between Pawn Stars and American Pickers:
              A store and Chumlee
              I dont know how legit the filming of American Pickers is, but a lot of time they just go to random places...without warning. And they travel long distances so they dont really have the time to wait on people. So if they're just dropping in, it's pretty tough to wait on a appraisals. They know what they're doing...I def. think it's a tad more shady then Pawn Stars.

I'll tell you what, though. I'd in no way trade a car or something big like that to the Pawn Star guys. They always rip people off there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I dont know how legit the filming of American Pickers is, but a lot of time they just go to random places...without warning. And they travel long distances so they dont really have the time to wait on people. So if they're just dropping in, it's pretty tough to wait on a appraisals. They know what they're doing...I def. think it's a tad more shady then Pawn Stars.

I'll tell you what, though. I'd in no way trade a car or something big like that to the Pawn Star guys. They always rip people off there.
                I liken it to this: Is it shady if you see someone selling something extremely valuable at a garage sale for say a dollar and you purchase it at that price knowing it is more valuable?

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

• It's more stupidity on the sellers front. But still, the Pickers catch a lot of these people off guard. So the seller may think they're getting a good deal, when in reality they're getting hosed. And by the look of a lot of the people they're buying from...those people could probably use that money more. It's all a little sketchy.

I'm just saying some of the prices they throw out there are incredibly on the low side. And they know very well that they're ripping some people off.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Well that was a fun night! Chuck was awesome as usual. I love this story line way more than the Ring stuff. I also feel like several of the actors have really progressed in acting ability. Yvonne in particular.

The Event is still up in the air for me. I liked the pilot, but they still are pretty vague. It's just the first episode though, so I'll watch again for sure. I was actually fairly intrigued by it.

I'm loving Castle too. It started out kind of slow in season one, but it's great now. Nathan Fillion is awesome in it, and Stana Katic is epicly hot.
                    (shameless self-promotion)
                    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Boardwalk Empire was phenomenal. Was not expecting that much gore.

Definitely going to give this first season a go.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• We're talking about the American Revolution in one of my classes, and I really wish I could watch John Adams again.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                          We're talking about the American Revolution in one of my classes, and I really wish I could watch John Adams again.
                          We watched it in my Early American History class. Great stuff.

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

• **** went down on Weeds tonight. Good thing too because I was getting bored.

Comment

• 10 seconds into the event i already think its gonna suck

which ******** video editor choose that transition for "23 minutes earlier"

star wipe is the only correct option

Comment

• Premieres for Tuesday:

CBS:
                                NCIS (8/7c)
                                NCIS: Los Angeles (9/8c)

NBC:
                                The Biggest Loser (8/7c)

Fox:
                                Glee (8/7c)
                                Raising Hope (9/8c)
                                Running Wilde (9:30/8:30c)

ABC:
                                Detroit 1-8-7 (10/9c)

These are JUST premieres. Some of these networks had shows premiere last week, ie Parenthood on NBC. :)

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information