No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's going to be "Running Wilde" for me. I haven't seen Will Arnett as the lead character in anything before, so this should be good.
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• The Event is the end of network television; execs have finally figured out that if you just ask a bunch of questions you don't need things like dialogue, compelling characters, or even cohesive narratives.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
        The Event is the end of network television; execs have finally figured out that if you just ask a bunch of questions you don't need things like dialogue, compelling characters, or even cohesive narratives.
        To be honest, I find it a bit odd you hate a show this much after (maybe?) watching the pilot and yet you were a fan of Lost. It's also only the pilot.. you can't base a series off the pilot. Oh well, lol.

*shrugs*
        Last edited by vidae; 09-21-2010, 10:45 AM.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Wow, the ratings are in and for a few shows it ain't pretty..

Chuck got a 2.1 which was pretty much expected, so meh on that.

The Event got a 3.7, but we'll have to wait and see how many people it retains for next week.

Lone Star got a terrible 1.3 and for a series premiere in prime-time with the House lead in, that is downright awful. Not even sure I'll watch the pilot I have dvr'd now.

Hawaai Five-O got a 3.8, and I've heard a lot of good things, so I might have to check it out.

Chase got a 2.5. Didn't expect much more than that.

Wow at Lone Star though. With a solid lead in from House only pulling a 1.3 is scary. I wonder if they'll even finish the ordered episodes.

Comment

• I feel like Fox didn't do that good of a job promoting Lone Star. I follow all this stuff kind of closely and I didn't even hear about it untill last week. I have DVR'd as well so I guess I'll see how good or bad it is tonight.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I ended up not watching any TV last night. Cable box was being wonky and wouldn't load the stuff I had dvr'd.

I've heard good things about the Chuck episode so far, but haven't heard anything about The Event except what CC.SD posted. Anyone else catch The Event or last nights House episode? What'd you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                Wow, the ratings are in and for a few shows it ain't pretty..

Chuck got a 2.1 which was pretty much expected, so meh on that.

The Event got a 3.7, but we'll have to wait and see how many people it retains for next week.

Lone Star got a terrible 1.3 and for a series premiere in prime-time with the House lead in, that is downright awful. Not even sure I'll watch the pilot I have dvr'd now.

Hawaai Five-O got a 3.8, and I've heard a lot of good things, so I might have to check it out.

Chase got a 2.5. Didn't expect much more than that.

Wow at Lone Star though. With a solid lead in from House only pulling a 1.3 is scary. I wonder if they'll even finish the ordered episodes.
                And my favorite show pulled a 4.8 baby. HATERS GONNA HATE, I LOVE AMERICA

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I was intrigued by The Event enough to tune in and watch it again next week. Wasn't blown away or drawn in by any means but it was good enough to get a couple more looks.

House was alright, my g/f loved it but I am, admittedly, over that show and was paying more attention to the Phillies game.

As for tonight, Glee comes back!! I'm also pretty excited about Running Wilde, I like what I've seen from the commercials.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Yeah, Glee coming back is gunna be great. I have both Running Wilde and Raising Hope set to dvr too. Both look decent and could be worth a shot at least.

I'm excited about watching The Event tonight when my cable box unscrews itself. I've heard good things from a lot of people, and the ratings for the premiere were solid. And I'm excited about Chuck of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                      We're talking about the American Revolution in one of my classes, and I really wish I could watch John Adams again.
                      I have the box set and I need to rewatch it. Great mini series.

I watched most of Hawaii 5-0 last night, and all I can say is meh. Love that it has Jin, Sharon, and Tweeder, but the dialogue was incredibly dull and forced, and it's too soon to accept Jin with a Hawaiian accent. That said, hopefully it improves/was just an issue with the pilot episode.

Also, I can't wait to watch Running Wilde. It's about time Gob got his own show. And yes I do mean Gob, not Will Arnett.

Comment

• Grace Park is so retardedly hot it almost makes me want to watch Hawaii 5-0. And I actually don't mind Scott Caan. But I hate cop shows, so I probably wont watch it.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          Grace Park is so retardedly hot it almost makes me want to watch Hawaii 5-0. And I actually don't mind Scott Caan. But I hate cop shows, so I probably wont watch it.
                          1. Yes on Grace Park. The only thing hotter is Grace Park in a bikini. Yay.

2. The problem I had was Scott Caan wasn't very Scott Caan in the pilot. I'm hoping that it's just because it's the pilot, but he just didn't establish any personality and his lines were very sub par. Hopefully they make his character more like his normal characters, but the pilot didn't really inspire any hope.

And yea, it's basically going to be NCIS/CSI/whatever in Hawaii.

Comment

• MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Grace Park. Mm.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                              I ended up not watching any TV last night. Cable box was being wonky and wouldn't load the stuff I had dvr'd.

I've heard good things about the Chuck episode so far, but haven't heard anything about The Event except what CC.SD posted. Anyone else catch The Event or last nights House episode? What'd you think?
                              I thought the Event was pretty solid for a pilot episode. Still too many questions to be answered but it has me intrigued. More so than Flash Forward did from the onset.

The big decision for me continuing to watch it will be how much they explain in the next episode. They still left you dark in the pilot, and if they plan on dragging it out for the whole season it'll be awful.

I also didn't like the format of the episode, as fenikz kind of alluded to. Hopefully it doesn't stay that way.
                              (shameless self-promotion)
                              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Tricia Helfer > Grace Park.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information