Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
    Maybe I'll give it another shot.

I just borrowed Buffy on dvd because some of you guys talk about it a lot. Figured I'd give it another shot too. It better be awesome though!
    The first season is great character wise but kind of formualic, stick with it until season 2 and the arcs start kicking in like few shows have ever really done. get Angel too.

Comment

• Sure CC.SD, why don't I just go on down to the DVD STORE and pick up whatever DVDS I WANT? Like that place exists. Jeez.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
        Sure CC.SD, why don't I just go on down to the DVD STORE and pick up whatever DVDS I WANT? Like that place exists. Jeez.
        :D You know for a while hulu had whole seasons of buffy and angel, i wonder if they still do

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
          :D You know for a while hulu had whole seasons of buffy and angel, i wonder if they still do
          The first season of Buffy WAS on there, which is what got me to ask a friend to borrow the series, but I'm not sure if it's still up.

Comment

• This thread's missing something...

Don't look into his eyes, he could stone Harry Potter.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• If it helps, Supernatural is a lot more consistent than Buffy.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Just finished watching Undercovers.. I liked it. Good action and had some funny moments, plus I like spy shows, so this was right up my alley.

And oh my god, the female lead (Gugu Mbatha-Raw) is so insanely hot. If they judged networks on hot ass spies, NBC would win hands down. In fact, that's how things should be from now on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                  Terriers has been ok but I could stop watching and not feel like I'm missing any thing.
                  Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                  I dug it, it's got a good vibe and actually seems to care about its characters.
                  Last night was the best one so far.

Comment

• Thursday premiere dates:

CBS:
                    The Big Bang Theory (8/7c)
                    **** My Dad Says (8:30/7:30c)
                    CSI (9/8c)
                    The Mentalist (10/9c)

NBC:
                    Community (8/7c) <--- BOOSH!
                    30 Rock (8:30/7:30c)
                    The Office (9/8c)
                    Outsourced (9:30/8:30c)

ABC:
                    My Generation (8/7c)
                    Grey's Anatomy (9/8c)
                    Private Practice (10/9c)

Fox:
                    Bones (8/7c)
                    Fringe (9/8c)

And since I'm biased:

Comment

• This is why I hate Oakland. I have been there. It's a festering sewerlike port city where no one obeys the stop signs, its not on a grid, and there's at least one restaurant there with feces smeared on the bathroom wall. But I wouldn't know these things if I had just stayed home...wait...you might be right actually.
                      Oakland is a 3rd World country. I used to work in Emeryville, right on the Berkeley-Oakland border where they have crack hos sleeping in alleys & syringes & needles in the gutters, & just about every high-stress commute day up the 80 fwy. there was a police altercation at Oakland, high speed pursuit with guns drawn, all the traffic stopped one evening for 3 hrs b/c a CA state trooper couldn't control a mentally unbalanced crazy running in traffic with his taser so he just shot & killed him, very disturbing. My 1st day at work I noticed the area just screamed carjack, my new boss told me not to let the "sun set on you & your vehicle in our lot," & I didn't. West Oakland has more gang homicides than South Central in LA & that's saying something, Oakland cops are the meanest & most triggerhappy in the state for a reason.

but thread commentary catchup :

Whoever said the 1st & maybe p/o the 2nd seasons of Lost were good but the rest sucked nailed it. You enjoy the mysterious, paranoid look & feel but after awhile the characters & plotline became stale & the fact that we never saw the smoke monster tells me it was pretty low budget, couldn't they afford to gen up a CG monster?

I just borrowed Buffy on dvd because some of you guys talk about it a lot. Figured I'd give it another shot too. It better be awesome though!
                      BtVS I assume fulfilled your awesomeness expectations b/c it is nothing short of awesome. Joss Whedon rules! As a screenwriter he has the golden touch too (sheds yet another tear for the Firefly cancellation).

I think FNL starts up again in late October.
                      Yes it does, but I read in TV Guide yesterday it's their last season so they're bringing back all the Dillon player alumni who've graduated for the swansong.

I confess that I fell asleep last night during the Criminal Minds premiere. I think it's going into its last season too, really noticeable decline in quality. How could they even think of canning Paget Brewster with her vampirish porcelain complexion & smouldering good looks or Jennifer Jareau like they did Lola Glaudini (who was Sopranos eye candy for awhile also playing an undercover FBI agent? Neither can act but then again who can on their cast with the exceptions the heavyweights brought in for their acting chops, Mandy Patinkin & Joe Mantegna? For example, Shemar Moore came from a soap, the Young & the Restless. The hook for CM imo has always been the serial killer mystique & a Jerry Bruckheimerish sensationalized ambience but without the heavy sleaze & sexplolitation we see in CSI, but they seem to have lost that.

And I know no one asked but The Gates was abominable, I think nothing more than a summer filler & it's gone too. It was full of bad acting & worse plots, anyone else notice that in the current fascination of TVland with vampires they almost always cast British actors as the bloodsuckers? Like in Star Wars note that all the Empire troops are British. Maybe it's their pale skin, but I think Hollywood still creams in its jeans over those English accents, it's become a cliche'
                      Last edited by LizardState; 09-23-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Law and Order SVU was sooo awesome last night.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                          Law and Order SVU was sooo awesome last night.
                          Do you like the worst shows ever or something? Jeez!

Comment

• New Community tonight! Now, let's see if I can wrestle the tv away from my wife for a half hour.

Comment

• Fringe is on too! Yay. It was so awesome last season. I really can't wait for it.
                              (shameless self-promotion)
                              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Awesome slate of TV tonight!

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                                12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information