Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
    Way more impressed with the walking deads second episode then the pilot, good episode.
    9 million watched the 1st episode & > 11M the 2nd, good buzz on it & excellent character & storyline development has really paid off. It's clearly the best new series on basic cable so say I & critics' consensus, AMC has another winner.

Not skimping on budget is paying off for AMC & they are garnering the Emmys to prove it, I foresee Walking Dead winning for original or adapted story(ies), BS Actor & actress, basically all the Emmys Breaking Bad doesn't win.

They teach in creative writing & dramatic writing classes that if you show a gun, even one hanging over a mantelpiece, in Act I it has to go off before Act 3 -- anyone else expect that grenade he found in the tank to be used in Ep. 2? If not I don't think it will last unused through Ep. 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      9 million watched the 1st episode & > 11M the 2nd, good buzz on it & excellent character & storyline development has really paid off. It's clearly the best new series on basic cable so say I & critics' consensus, AMC has another winner.

Not skimping on budget is paying off for AMC & they are garnering the Emmys to prove it, I foresee Walking Dead winning for original or adapted story(ies), BS Actor & actress, basically all the Emmys Breaking Bad doesn't win.

They teach in creative writing & dramatic writing classes that if you show a gun, even one hanging over a mantelpiece, in Act I it has to go off before Act 3 -- anyone else expect that grenade he found in the tank to be used in Ep. 2? If not I don't think it will last unused through Ep. 3.
      I was thinking...

Comment

• Walking Dead owned.

Comment

• No Chuck tonight. Monday TV will be bleh for me.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• The Event is back but I always DVR it.

Comment

• No Chuck makes me a sad panda. The Event and House are back, so.. that'll be neat.

Also, AMC already renewed The Walking Dead for a 13 episode second season. It's a fantastic show so far. AMC is churning out winners.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Awesome...

Comment

• It's funny how some of the lesser known cable network channels have created a lot of the awesome shows these days. Granted, it's easier for them to stay around longer because they don't require ratings network shows do, but still.

Pretty much all the shows on USA are amazing or at the very least solid. AMC has several superb shows. Syfy Network has a couple of entertaining shows.

I'm curious as to which of these shows would succeed on network television. Clearly several shows on AMC wouldn't translate due to the gore and such, but I think shows like White Collar and Burn Notice could do well.
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Splat and vidae both having Gus in their avatars is not helping my ongoing struggle to tell them apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                      Splat and vidae both having Gus in their avatars is not helping my ongoing struggle to tell them apart.
                      They are the same person.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• It's true.

Comment

• USA has better shows than NBC besides the comedies.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Does Conan start tonight?
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Conan does indeed start tonight.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Yes!!!!!!!!
                                #Chop